INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Big Daddy's Sausage

+19
Jim W
Big Daddy Mexico
hockables
kipissippi
Solovino
David
CheenaGringo
Zedinmexico
prorader
Parker
borderreiver
fastrak
hound dog
Bartdude
gringal
johninajijic
viajero
ferret
CanuckBob
23 posters

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Big Daddy's Sausage - Page 4 Empty Re: Big Daddy's Sausage

Post by fastrak Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:23 am

Was just at Big Daddy's and he is working on his newest Hot Sausage called the "Suicide Dawg" which should be ready for the Wednesday Tianguis. Should also have the Greek Meatballs and Souvlaki with Tzatziki Sauce. He also wanted to mention that the word 'Additives' on his old labels might have been a little bit vague. The only additives to his all natural sausages are jalapenos, cheddar cheese, apples, pineapples, mangos, habaneros, etc. he apologizes for the confusion. He also would like to remind evryone that all his sausages are available to sample before your purchase them at the Monday Market in the Hole-In-One and at the Wednesday Tianguis in Ajijic. Also, if you are not satisfied with the sausages that you purchased for any reason, he will offer a 100% money back guarantee. Sounds pretty good to me.

fastrak

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:32 am

At last: the scoop, from Big Daddy to Fastrak to the great unwashed about the "additives". Glad to hear there's nothing hiding in the sausage. Shocked

Still too fatty, salty and such for my taste, but YMMV. Enjoy.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:37 am

fastrak wrote:Was just at Big Daddy's and he is working on his newest Hot Sausage called the "Suicide Dawg" which should be ready for the Wednesday Tianguis. Should also have the Greek Meatballs and Souvlaki with Tzatziki Sauce. He also wanted to mention that the word 'Additives' on his old labels might have been a little bit vague. The only additives to his all natural sausages are jalapenos, cheddar cheese, apples, pineapples, mangos, habaneros, etc. he apologizes for the confusion. He also would like to remind evryone that all his sausages are available to sample before your purchase them at the Monday Market in the Hole-In-One and at the Wednesday Tianguis in Ajijic. Also, if you are not satisfied with the sausages that you purchased for any reason, he will offer a 100% money back guarantee. Sounds pretty good to me.

Thanks for the up-date. Just had a gut feeling that not needing a long shelf life, there wouldn’t be any need for the extra cost.

Parker
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : WDWA none

Back to top Go down

Big Daddy's Sausage - Page 4 Empty BIG DADDYS SMOKED SAUSAGE

Post by prorader Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:57 pm

"additives" As far as I know there is nothing added except for the stuff to make that sausage, he is going to make a label that says what is in each sausage, I was there when the "DOG" tasted the sausage before he purchased it, the samples are there so you can taste what you are buying. There are 1 or 2 them that I don't like, not my taste but I smoked for 35 years and that may have killed a couple taste buds. We have new labels for the front of the package, no more plain Jane.
prorader
prorader
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Wicked

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:16 pm

That is what really surprises me, you get to taste it even before you buy and still have people bitching. I can only assume they made their purchase where this was not available. Another issue, if you like sausage at all, beef always has more fat than chicken, what’s up?

Parker
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : WDWA none

Back to top Go down

Post by prorader Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:38 pm

That is why we spend time and MONEY on Monday and Wednesday with samples try and buy or if you don't like a sample tell us why, people have said they want a hotter sausage so yes we are in the process of making a hotter sausage. I have stated there are several that I don't like but that is me if everyone liked everthing we wouldn't be in business
prorader
prorader
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by prorader Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:43 pm

Monday is down the street from Super Lake, Wednesday is next to El Torito, why because we want you to try it and decide to buy or not. We sell from both stores
prorader
prorader
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:01 pm

That's a tried and true way to market food. I've bought a lot of things at places like Superlake when they offered tastes.
Good luck.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:01 am

[quote="Parker"]Today while reading an article about age and the ability to taste, this may be a partial explanation why some desire more spice than others?

“Getting older means that smells become more blunt and difficult to distinguish. As a result, our ability to taste food diminishes. As we said before, we are really only able to distinguish four tastes- salty, sweet, sour and bitter. The sense of smell enhances taste and provides those thousands of nuances that help us identify a flavor. As these senses diminish, food tastes blander.”

“Scientists have found that the sense of smell begins to decrease after age
60.”
[/quote
]

Dawg became acquainted with highly spiced food in the 1960s in Uganda which then had a large East Indian population, especially in Kampala, who were moslty expelled under the regime Milton Obote which preceded the murderous regime of Idi Amin. Later, Dawg´s love of East Indian food was further refined by extensive travel through India where, in those days, at least, the most highly spiced food was served in Madras now known as Chennai.

Dawg was in love with spicy Indian food when only 29 but, now, at age 70. remains a devotee. Dawg´s taste may have been compromised over the years by nature but to this day, I love spicy food;especially that prepared by East Indian cooks. My darlin´ wife just left Puebla on her way to Chiapas with amigas just as Popocatépl is starting to blow his stack and she tells me she had a splendid Poblano meal during her stay with friends there and that Popo's display of volcanic fury is magnificent. Dawg is highly envious but urged her to head on down the road toward Veracruz State for the sake of continued existence on the planet.
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by prorader Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:26 pm

Big Daddy's new sausage Suicide Dawg
prorader
prorader
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:45 pm

Good luck tasting anything in Super Lake with all the fly crap on it.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:51 pm

johninajijic wrote:Good luck tasting anything in Super Lake with all the fly crap on it.

Didja try the stuff John?

I tried 5 or 6 varieties... most were pretty good...

I never noticed any flies.... maybe they were in the stuff with the raisins...
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:57 pm

No, I didn't try it, nor did I see any samples. I'll trust my standby Johnsonville Italian and Breakfast sausage. Quality and consistency.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:00 pm

johninajijic wrote:No, I didn't try it, nor did I see any samples. I'll trust my standby Johnsonville Italian and Breakfast sausage. Quality and consistency.

While you're standing by the sausage package....you might want to read the label as well. Some amazing ingredients that may give you pause for thought.

Beer

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:14 pm

Once more for John to read: http://www.foodfacts.com/search/index.cfm?type=keyword&query=Johnsonville

John: You may wish to look at the "health score" assigned to each product? Since the brand name "Jones" has been mentioned in the past, you may want to compare the two brands: http://www.foodfacts.com/search/index.cfm?type=keyword&query=Jones%20Dairy%20Farm

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:25 pm

CheenaGringo wrote:Once more for John to read: http://www.foodfacts.com/search/index.cfm?type=keyword&query=Johnsonville

John: You may wish to look at the "health score" assigned to each product? Since the brand name "Jones" has been mentioned in the past, you may want to compare the two brands: http://www.foodfacts.com/search/index.cfm?type=keyword&query=Jones%20Dairy%20Farm

Those health scores were impressive, to say the least. Evil or Very Mad

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:18 pm

I feel better already!
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by prorader Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:38 pm

Yep definately no fly crap in Johnsonville Italian and Breakfast sausage, made in a factory by machines, frozen fresh from last week, or the week before? Big Daddy is fresh, hand made every day. Ask him on Mondays or Wednesdays, or ask Johnsonville?
prorader
prorader
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:48 pm

I do wonder a little about the Johnsonville since what we get here is Hecho en Mexico. I like the breakfast links and the italian. Tried Big Daddy's Chicken Bratwurst, pretty good although a little too salty and didn't taste like bratwurst. I like his breakfast sausage and will be trying the spicy italian later this week. I like sausage of all kinds and will working my way through Big Daddy's list.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:59 pm

David wrote:I do wonder a little about the Johnsonville since what we get here is Hecho en Mexico. I like the breakfast links and the italian. Tried Big Daddy's Chicken Bratwurst, pretty good although a little too salty and didn't taste like bratwurst. I like his breakfast sausage and will be trying the spicy italian later this week. I like sausage of all kinds and will working my way through Big Daddy's list.

Just wondering: why would you think the Johnsonville Hecho en Mexico would have different ingredients? Huh? The package I read was in Superlake. Same package over in Costo and in Walmart.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:01 pm

The reason I wonder is because the taste is different. I enjoy the polish and bratwurst made in the USA but not the Mexican producs.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:03 pm

There are many products here with the same name that tastes different.....
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by prorader Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:15 pm

Kinda of like WALMART
prorader
prorader
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:52 pm

johninajijic wrote:Good luck tasting anything in Super Lake with all the fly crap on it.

John; you and Dawg have a lot in common when it comes to being antisocial so I would never criticize you except once in a while but I cannot figure out where you came up with this off the wall comment about fly shit at Super Lake in a discussion of Big Daddy´s Sausages. Forget Big Daddy´s for a moment and le me just say one thing about mass produced industrial food products (unlike Big Daddy´s small production line). You are now 68 and Dawg is 70. In our lifetimes we have certainly both inadvertently consumed more than our weight in fly shit and, I must say, some of the best food Dawg ever ate on the planet came from parts of the world where flies and other vermin rule just as they do in Massachusettes, Alabama and New Delhi and all other places humans congregate and prepare food. This is Earth. Beam me down Scotty.

I can tell you as a banker funding large scale industrial food and wine producers from the Salinas to the Napa and Sonoma Valleys and places in between, who, by virtue of having been a banker with the clout of wallet, got to view these processes as the wheels turned, you and we all have consumed far more creatures ground into the mix and their doodoo than we would ever like to contemplate.

Now that we have gotten that unpleasantness out of the way, keep in mind that Big Daddy´s is a small operation run by what I consider to be nice and concientious folks who endeavor to keep their final products wholesome and tasty. That is why I have a refrigerator stocked with Big Daddy´s Greek Sausages, Sucide Dawgs, Souvlaki and Tzatziki Sauce which I have yet to eat since I was overly stocked with Smokey Market´s BBQ pulled pork from Monday´s Hole-In-One Market the acquisition of which was my goal when I went there in the first place . I´ll report back after the official tasting.

Lighten up.
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by prorader Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:56 pm

Good for U Dawg
prorader
prorader
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:08 am

I am posting this letter for "Big Daddy" himself....

Hola Bob,

As I am a new member I cannot post messages. I would like to post this response under Food & Drink-- Big Daddy's Sausage please.

I was poisoned by bad chorizo in December and after, said I would never eat another sausage again unless I knew what was in it.

I decided to continue my hobby of making sausages here in Mexico. My Grandpa had made sausage in his day and they were pretty good. I am still using some of his recipes.

We only use "Old Country Style" recipes which might taste different than the machine made sausages that some people are used to today. All our sausages are handmade in small batches to maintain the freshness and consistency of the flavor. The casings are all natural hog casing. Our breakfast sausages are made from collagen casings. Our herbs and spices are fresh and most or in seed form and are crushed before adding to the sausage meat. We also add less salt and spices than most large commercial facilities. I believe that less is better sometimes.

Johnsonville does not use a casing on their smoked sausage. Ingredients are combined as the sausage meat is going through the machine to form an outer crust which hardens into something that looks like a casing but is not.. AND, if you have ever had the opportunity to visit a large commercial sausage making factory to see what actually goes into a sausage,,,,You will never eat another sausage from there again. Oh ya, they do not give tours. LOL

We would be happy to give anybody a tour of our facilities at any time. Samples and beer are on us. jajaja

Also, your local butcher only puts in the little pieces of meat that are not saleable and all the old meat that has not sold and close to expiration and all the extra 'parts' of the pig or chicken that are left at the end of the day. These are the ones I got poisoned by in December.

All our sausages are made from fresh pork shoulder from a federally inspected facility. Our chicken is also thigh and leg meat purchased from a TIF approved facility. We add in good fat at 25%. Most store bought sausage is between 35% and 50% fat content plus filler. We have no filler and all our sausage is gluten free. We purchase meat 3 to 4 times a week to assure that it is always fresh before we make the sausages.

As most of our sausages are slow smoked for 3-4 hours, there is no need to recook them. You only need to heat them up to enjoy the flavor of the sausage. If the sausage is recooked, a lot of the juice will be cooked off and the salt will remain, sometimes leaving a 'salty' taste.

We have a variety of different flavored sausages that can be sampled at the Monday Market in The-Hole-In-One and at the Wednesday Tianguis. Our products are currently available at Super Lake, Tony's Carneceria, El Torito and La Huerta Mini Super plus we are in Guadalajara at Goiti Deli and La Casita Deli.

If for any reason you are not satisfied with our products, we will refund 100% of the purchase price in cash and give you another packet of our sausage free of charge.

We can be reached via email at BigDaddyMexico@yahoo.com

This is not intended to solicit business in anyway. We just felt that getting it from the horse’s mouth is sometimes preferred.

Thanks for reading and have a great day.

Big Daddy.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down