INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are you safe?

+12
MyHomeSweetHome
kipissippi
espĂ­ritu del lago
viajero
CanuckBob
susan
raqueteer
Mainecoons
mikey1953
gringal
johninajijic
Chapalagringa
16 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Are you safe? - Page 2 Empty Re: Are you safe?

Post by Chapalagringa Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:05 pm

mikey1953 wrote:Attack dogs and guns......getting scarey but not from the "bad guys"

This is the world we live in now. We are taking action and being defensive :) Now Annie, get yur gun!

Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:19 pm

I'd like to see some of our forever young grandma's living leisurely with one of these babies Very Happy

Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : all natural

Back to top Go down

Post by susan Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:20 pm

CB, you are a bit sadistic, but ok what ever. p.s. i dare you to post that youtube!! (that was a joke. can you see this as a tourist attraction? ajijic is safe see it w/your own eyes). in mexico, i bet the family would break in & kill everyone in the house. best to make those signs billboards. no CB everything does not have to be "explained" you know where im coming from. it works both ways.

susan
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : none

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:23 pm

can you see this as a tourist attraction?
loltt(to tears)

Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by susan Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:24 pm

mikey, most of the time you are a bit slow. (not your fault). but you are right on this one: they love this stuff. the big shots will show the bad guys. they forget about dog poison.

susan
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:30 pm

Like I said those dogs are great until they do that to your friend or little kid. They are like having a loaded gun with the safety off........
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:37 pm

I'm willing to bank against it. :)
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by espĂ­ritu del lago Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:27 am

Now THAT'S what you'd call "a hot time in the old town tonight". Eh?

Yes, and very few hot times in the weeks to come. The gift that keeps on giving, eh?

Now that is really funny.... :)
espĂ­ritu del lago
espĂ­ritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic

Back to top Go down

Post by espĂ­ritu del lago Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:31 am

CB,: They are like having a loaded gun with the safety off

Very true ie.. attack trained dogs...
espĂ­ritu del lago
espĂ­ritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey1953 Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:54 am

I hope that the dogs are trained well and know how to avoid bullets.

And, Susan is right about the poison, the dogs need to be trained not to eat food from anyone but the owner.

Where are the gun owners going to be trained on how to handle the guns responsibly? Having a license does not mean one knows how to use it properly.

mikey1953

Back to top Go down

Post by susan Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:05 pm

i suppose killer dog training gun training electric fences, all are part of a comfortable retirement.

susan
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey1953 Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:07 pm

sounds like that is true

mikey1953

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:41 pm

@CB, sounds like your friend may have a sentry trained type dog. These prices aren't bad at all. Still less expensive here.

http://www.mrazovack9.com/us/pricing.php?lg=us
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:08 pm

Check out all the satisfied customers w/personal protection dogs. Many families w/small children. hmm, I'm so happy we decided to do this.

http://www.mrazovack9.com/us/references.php?lg=us
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:45 pm

The last thing I want in my environment is a "personal protection dog" to scare the spit out my visitors, keep the birds from bathing happily in my fountain and make a racket.
They don't dodge bullets, either.
You gotta feed them, kept the vet on tap, pick up their poop.......and all this for the dubious benefit of having a living alarm system that bites.

I'd much prefer having a pup that loves everybody and is good company.
I've got bars on the windows, good locks on the doors and nice, nosy neighbors. That will just have to do.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:59 pm

But those who live in the country don't have noisy neighbors. Nosey maybe but definitely not noisy. heh And no, they don't dodge bullets, they may take them for you or someone you love though. Lord willing, that will never happen.

I hope people realize that there are some bad guys out there that aren't your typical thief, who only wants to get in and out w/out getting caught. These other dudes don't mind tying you up & seeing their faces while they load up your car and drive away. Also banking that they weren't desiring to murder anyone at the moment, we only need a very big snarly deterrent. Bring on a couple of personal security dogs. One can watch the house while the other takes the humans for a walk. I don't need to worry that my greatest deterrent is a loud alarm that my neighbor thinks is malfunctioning. :OS not that I don't want one but I want more! How about it all! Very Happy A few more security cameras even! If that doesn't keep us safe, we'd have to hire a private guard. That I don't want. I like my privacy.
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:11 pm

I used to live in the country, stateside. Whine country. Very scenic.

Many people had a large, noisy protection device who was usually found dead in the yard from poison, guns, knives or just plain iron pipes. That's if the dog didn't go along with the owner on his trip to town (to guard the car and the gun in the rack, of course). The bad guys watched the house until the owners were gone, then drove in with a truck and cleaned out the goodies. They needed the bucks to get high.........a basic human right.

This happened to many people I knew. I got hit, too and know that sick feeling when you come home and the door is locked with the chain on: from the inside.

I prefer living in town with the nosy, not noisy, neighbors. On my street, the big problem is theft from vehicles parked on the street. pirat

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by kipissippi Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:19 pm

Or the gift that keeps on "not" giving....even better. Very Happy
kipissippi
kipissippi
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : goofy

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:08 pm

At least the dogs are trained NOT to eat anything from strangers, only from you.

If my house gets broken into and robbed while I'm away, that's better than me being there. We've been broken into and robbed once living in the village w/a yappy dog. Dog was out on the balcony. Thieves closed drape so the dog wouldn't yap so much or so people couldn't see them. Thieves went through just about everything, including a spool of Christmas ribbon. Now I know that some of those gadgets people count on hiding things may not work. I know someone that had them & they figured their maid got into it while they were away. I like the neighbor who said he had 2 rotties and has had up to 4, lives backed up against the carratera and never had a problem in 13 years. I'm not sure which house he lives in but if it's the one w/ barbed wire & an "alarm" I wouldn't mess with it. The other neighbor I wouldn't mess with is the one w/the jumping, barking GS. You don't want to mess with that. That house had been robbed before and that's why they have that dog.

It's been said to me before that there are tons of houses in my area that are easier to get into than mine, but had we not had a break in before, I'm not so sure it'd be lookin like a mini fortress. Beautiful vines & flower cover most of the razor wire & all I see when I look out is the view. I just want people to be safe since so much has happened recently. We can still enjoy living here and go about our business as usual, just don't be careless & do everything possible to secure things. Do people realize that this is how tight things are in most of Guadalajara? Granted, maybe not so much in Bugmabilias or Palamar subdivisions but the rest of Mexico is pretty tight. Make your house look like it's nothing from the street. Open the gate and you'll find a retreat.

Got to yackin and forgot what I really wanted to share, in defense of the personal protection dog. If you don't want the poop, that's alright with me but maybe someone else is interested ;0)

Another site selling trained dogs:

crime stastitics...I lived in the states all my life & never cared about a stastitic but here people are fascinated with it. They talk about crime constantly.

http://ultimateprotectiondogs.com/crime-statistics

this same trainer has trained dogs for some well known people as well. Their dogs are almost twice the cost of a level 3 trained dog at Wolfs.

http://ultimateprotectiondogs.com/about
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by raqueteer Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:45 pm

All this talk about dogs is good, if we hadn't had ours last week, who knows what would have happened. They were maybe 20 feet from the bedroom door, and brought a knife.
She was never trained as an attack dog, and was always very loving and protective of the kids. She's good company and very friendly but, there was no way she was going to allow someone uninvited into her home. Most people would assume that she was no threat at all, big surprise.
Now we need to protect her, because she did risk her life.
Two of our neighbors have trained attack dogs, and they mean business. I'd be worried they might attack a kid or a friend on a bad day, one never knows.

raqueteer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by MyHomeSweetHome Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:16 pm

Raq, do you know where your neighbor's got their dogs from? I'd like to see them. Send me a pm if you think that'd be possible please.

And you locked your bedroom door. That's awesome!!! Since I read about that we do too. At least I'd be warned someone was coming & could call the police!

MyHomeSweetHome
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:43 pm

Chapalagringa wrote:But those who live in the country don't have noisy neighbors. Nosey maybe but definitely not noisy. heh And no, they don't dodge bullets, they may take them for you or someone you love though. Lord willing, that will never happen.

I hope people realize that there are some bad guys out there that aren't your typical thief, who only wants to get in and out w/out getting caught. These other dudes don't mind tying you up & seeing their faces while they load up your car and drive away. Also banking that they weren't desiring to murder anyone at the moment, we only need a very big snarly deterrent. Bring on a couple of personal security dogs. One can watch the house while the other takes the humans for a walk. I don't need to worry that my greatest deterrent is a loud alarm that my neighbor thinks is malfunctioning. :OS not that I don't want one but I want more! How about it all! Very Happy A few more security cameras even! If that doesn't keep us safe, we'd have to hire a private guard. That I don't want. I like my privacy.

Whoa......sounds like it might be time to move back to Kansas, Dorothy.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:48 pm

We lock our bedroom door, too. Easy to break in, but not quietly.
On the lighter side, the phones were, of course, in the other rooms. Not any more. The cell phone is next to the bed. Can't cut that line, si?

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:53 pm

I agree with locking the bedroom doors and keeping your cell phone with you and a lot of the other common sense security measures however if I feel that I need attack trained dogs, high walls with razor wire, security cameras and guns I will be finding another place to live. WTF would anyone choose to live in those conditions?
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:59 pm

Hard for me to imagine also!

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:59 pm

Reading some of the posts and misinformation on this topic, I am thoroughly convinced that some of the posters here definitely should move back NOB where crime is 10 times worse than in Mexico or see a Shrink at Lakeside ASAP. You people are totally out to lunch spreading uneccesary fear because YOU are paranoid over NOTHING! You are totally frigging NUTS!!! Stop worrying and complaining and get a frigging life.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next