INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Driving Puerto Vallarta to La Manzanilla

4 posters

Go down

Driving Puerto Vallarta to La Manzanilla Empty Driving Puerto Vallarta to La Manzanilla

Post by ColorMeBlue Sat Jan 20, 2024 1:01 pm

I have plans to pick up some vistors at the the Puerto Vallarta airport and then drive via MX 200 to La Manzanilla for a couple of day at the beach before returning to Ajijic. Has anyone done this recently? Any suggestions?

ColorMeBlue

Back to top Go down

Driving Puerto Vallarta to La Manzanilla Empty Re: Driving Puerto Vallarta to La Manzanilla

Post by mudgirl Sat Jan 20, 2024 3:08 pm

Suggestions regarding what? The drive to PV, the drive to Manzanillo, what to do and where to stay in Manzanillo?
Here's one suggestion- grab some smoked marlin burritos at Tacon de Marlin across from the airport, under the overhead walkway. They are so so good. Had a guest from Florida who is a travelling chef on private yachts, research and fishing boats. Said it's the best burrito he's ever had in his life.

Also there is a parking lot adjacent, on the north side that is way cheaper than airport parking.

mudgirl
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Driving Puerto Vallarta to La Manzanilla Empty Re: Driving Puerto Vallarta to La Manzanilla

Post by ColorMeBlue Sat Jan 20, 2024 4:58 pm

Thanks for the tips. I have been to PV airport several times. But I have never driven from PV to La Manzanillo. I was wondering about the route 200 travel. Google maps indicates it is a 3.5 hour drive. I assume it is a long slog through the jungle.

ColorMeBlue

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Sat Jan 20, 2024 9:24 pm

It is and it's a very boring drive. Take snacks and beverages and make sure you have a full tank of gas before leaving. There didn't used to be many places to get gas although that may have changed.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sun Jan 21, 2024 8:48 am

Yes, the #200 is very slow and curvy. From La Manzanilla, I suggest heading further south to Manzanillo and catching the toll highways back to Guadalajara. That will be way faster (save about 5 hours) than backtracking to PV and back to Guadalajara.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by ColorMeBlue Sun Jan 21, 2024 9:55 am

Good information. Thanks all.

ColorMeBlue

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down