INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Using T-Mobile in Mexico ... Questions

+2
BisbeeGal
Jubilacion
6 posters

Go down

Using T-Mobile in Mexico ... Questions Empty Using T-Mobile in Mexico ... Questions

Post by Jubilacion Thu Jul 20, 2023 10:02 am

Does anyone have experience using T-Mobile from the States in Jalisco, or Mexico in General? flag waver

We currently have Verizon from the States and we get unlimited calls, unlimited texts and internet use.... and phone service has been good (roaming with TelCel) all around Mexico but they are expensive. I know we could $ave real money with a Mexican Phone plan, but it's NOT happening right now.

What kind of T-Mobile plan do you have? Is T-Mobile a good choice for a NOB plan to use in Mexico

We're heading back to the US soon for a short family visit and I wanted to compare T-Mobile to see if I could save some money versus Verizon.

Mucas gracias for your comments and help!!

Jubilacion
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Yes, please!

Back to top Go down

Using T-Mobile in Mexico ... Questions Empty Re: Using T-Mobile in Mexico ... Questions

Post by BisbeeGal Thu Jul 20, 2023 1:27 pm

Have T-Mobile Go5G55 plan with 5G, free internet on flights, unlimited calls, texts, data.  Two phones are $80.  

I also have TelCel at 229p a month.

Use a dual sim Samsung Fold 4. Love that phone!

We travel a lot, US and EU and use T-Mobile (tried once to use TelCel in EU and it was a failure).  

In MX all calls get routed thru TelCel even when using T-Mobile sim.  

I have heard (but have no proof) that persons using T-Mobile "too much" in MX have been dropped by T-Mobile.  Have also heard the opposite, expats solely using T-Mobile for years here, no problems.  My guess is it has to do with level of usage especially data.
BisbeeGal
BisbeeGal
Share Holder
Share Holder

ferret, NoVaDamer, Jubilacion and dvinton like this post

Back to top Go down

Using T-Mobile in Mexico ... Questions Empty Re: Using T-Mobile in Mexico ... Questions

Post by NoVaDamer Thu Jul 20, 2023 7:31 pm

Our experience is the same as BisbeeGal. TMobile over 55 plan, around $75 USD monthly. We have used it in Mexico for six+ years with no problems. We also use it when visiting Europe, which is 2+ times per year.

In Mexico, we use our wifi for calls and limit our data use. We also heard some say they were cut off, and that if you use too much data, TMobile figures out where you live.
NoVaDamer
NoVaDamer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Si!

Jubilacion likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by dvinton Fri Jul 21, 2023 9:28 am

Same experience as BisbeeGal and NoVaDamer. We have the Magenta Plus 55 Unlimited. To keep our cellular data use in line, we turned off data on specific apps (i.e., Photos) when not on Wi-Fi.

Texting is included when traveling internationally. Voice calls don't cost (.25/min?) too much. Data is included but slow. We usually purchase a 10 or 30-day data pass.

We don't have an account with any of the Mexican carriers. For locals understandably reluctant to dial a US number, we use WhatsApp.

dvinton
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by mudgirl Fri Jul 21, 2023 9:35 am

"For locals understandably reluctant to dial a US number, we use WhatsApp."

Most Mexicans use Whatsapp. I think they don't even buy any Telcel time. However, if they do have SinLimites, there's no reason for them to be reluctant to call a US or Canadian number, as free calling and texting anywhere in North America is included in that.

mudgirl
Share Holder
Share Holder

dvinton likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory2u Fri Jul 21, 2023 10:30 am

We had T Mobile and I recommend calling International Customer service for a complete explanation on Mexico as there are data limits which can result in you being cutoff.

Rory2u
Share Holder
Share Holder

Jubilacion likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down