INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

cohetes

+8
MexicoPete
mudgirl
Canada_Mike
Mad_Max
Flamingo
BisbeeGal
Carry Bean
SunshineyDay
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

cohetes Empty cohetes

Post by SunshineyDay Sun Oct 09, 2022 5:52 pm

Why the cohetes in Riberas? Anyone know? My dog is in the middle of having a heart attack!

SunshineyDay
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

cohetes Empty Re: cohetes

Post by Carry Bean Sun Oct 09, 2022 7:11 pm

Mine all jumped on my bed with me. Thought they were done but started up again. There was some kind of parade on San Lucas and somebody said they shooting off the damned things in the St. Andrew’s parking lot.
Are you on the Riberas Facebook group?

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by BisbeeGal Mon Oct 10, 2022 6:29 am

Canadian Thanksgiving Eve??  cohetes 1f341  cohetes 1f600
BisbeeGal
BisbeeGal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by SunshineyDay Mon Oct 10, 2022 5:26 pm

Again! You would think someone would realize how annoying this is and at the least let people know in advance!

SunshineyDay
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by SunshineyDay Mon Oct 10, 2022 5:27 pm

Especially with all the gunfire going on locally.

SunshineyDay
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Flamingo Mon Oct 10, 2022 6:32 pm

It is the Festival of the Virgin del Pilar. The new priest loves LOUD cohetes and does this every year for about a week mid October. When he first arrived, he shot the LOUD rockets off for every occasion, but now it is mostly for the Virgin. Incredibly annoying IMHO.
Flamingo
Flamingo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Mad_Max likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad_Max Mon Oct 10, 2022 6:58 pm

Really close by and dog completely stressed again tonite. Feel sorry for any animals at ladrones
Mad_Max
Mad_Max
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Canada_Mike Tue Oct 11, 2022 1:08 pm

You can get CBD drops to help your scared doggie.
Canada_Mike
Canada_Mike
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : New York

http://gilbert.info.yorku.ca/

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad_Max Tue Oct 11, 2022 1:30 pm

Canada_Mike wrote:You can get CBD drops to help your scared doggie.
mine is already on CBD due to arthritis - doesn't help with cohotes down the street

I also have no idea what they sound like to my dog - maybe 100 meters away

from akc

The average adult human cannot hear sounds above 20,000 Hertz (Hz), although young children can hear higher. (Hertz is a measure of the frequency of a sound, and the higher the frequency, the higher pitched the sound.) Dogs, on the other hand, can hear sounds as high as 47,000 to 65,000 Hz.Jul 13, 2018

Mad_Max
Mad_Max
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by mudgirl Tue Oct 11, 2022 2:51 pm

Canada_Mike wrote:You can get CBD drops to help your scared doggie.

There are various things that can work for some dogs who are terrified of fireworks and/or thunderstorms. Thunder shirts, CBD, Rescue remedy.

But some dogs do not respond to any of this. My dog went into primal fear mode, panting and trembling and nothing at all worked to calm her.

mudgirl
Share Holder
Share Holder

Mad_Max and SunshineyDay like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MexicoPete Tue Oct 11, 2022 3:09 pm

Any time I brought my dogs down from up North, the dogs could never get used to the fireworks. Now that I only adopted rescue dogs from the locals, I have never noticed them reacting negatively to the many fireworks we experience lakeside.

I guess if you are born into this environment, there is no problem
MexicoPete
MexicoPete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad_Max Tue Oct 11, 2022 3:38 pm

MexicoPete wrote:Any time I brought my dogs down from up North, the dogs could never get used to the fireworks. Now that I only adopted rescue dogs from the locals, I have never noticed them reacting negatively to the many fireworks we experience lakeside.

I guess if you are born into this environment, there is no problem

my dog is a Guadalajara dog - spent his puppyhood at the lake - absolutely quivers with the cohotes - I think it is because they are really close to him this time- and where I am they can easily be 60 to 80 blasts - 4 at a time - and earlier this week I stopped counting with at least 40 in a row.........less than 1/2 block away - in a truck in the St Andrews parking lot behind ladrones. The next day they moved across the street. I hope tonight is quiet.
Mad_Max
Mad_Max
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by MexicoPete Tue Oct 11, 2022 4:05 pm

"my dog is a Guadalajara dog - spent his puppyhood at the lake - absolutely quivers with the cohotes - I think it is because they are really close to him this time- and where I am they can easily be 60 to 80 blasts - 4 at a time - and earlier this week I stopped counting with at least 40 in a row.........less than 1/2 block away - in a truck in the St Andrews parking lot behind ladrones.  The next day they moved across the street.  I hope tonight is quiet.[/quote]"

I don't live that close to where the fireworks go off. I'm in upper Ajijic. So maybe the fireworks "aint" that loud where I live.
I just now that after 23 years of coming lakeside, I'm almost used to those loud fireworks. And my lakeside animals are totally used to them.
MexicoPete
MexicoPete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Mad_Max likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad_Max Tue Oct 11, 2022 5:01 pm

and again tonite - just started in lower riberas
Mad_Max
Mad_Max
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by BisbeeGal Tue Oct 11, 2022 5:34 pm

Today is her Feast Day so it **may** quiet down after tonight. Though Ajijic's St. Andres' cohetes always extend past his Feast Day.

Everyone should know the biggest/noisiest annual events for their particular neighborhood. Then they can plan ahead to be out of town if they find the noise too debilitating for themselves and/or their pets.
BisbeeGal
BisbeeGal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Mad_Max likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by SunshineyDay Tue Oct 11, 2022 5:42 pm

BisbeeGal wrote:Today is her Feast Day so it **may** quiet down after tonight.  Though Ajijic's St. Andres' cohetes always extend past his Feast Day.  

Everyone should know the biggest/noisiest annual events for their particular neighborhood.  Then they can plan ahead to be out of town if they find the noise too debilitating for themselves and/or their pets.  

Or get some cohetes of their own and celebrate their birthday close to his church! Dead Horse

SunshineyDay
Share Holder
Share Holder

Carry Bean and Flamingo like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Tue Oct 11, 2022 11:31 pm

I have 5 dogs, rescued from here and live by Dr. Haro. Tonight it sounded like it was coming from right behind my house.  The dogs were terrified. I don’t see the thrill of a loud bang. Pretty sky rockets I. An understand but not just a big loud explosion.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Mad_Max likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by BisbeeGal Wed Oct 12, 2022 7:05 am

Ooops....I was off a day.  The Virgen Pilar's Feast Day is today, Oct.12th.  But often the 'eve' of a holiday is the loudest and most attended.  

These dates don't change...plan ahead for next year.

Take a vacation or if that's not feasible, find a place to board your pets away from the cohetes.

When we lived closer to the Ajijic Plaza we left town for part of the San Andres fiesta.  It wasn't because of the cohetes, it was the wee hours of very bad music and singing blaring over the loudspeakers.

Due to pandemic restrictions for the past few years, this year's fiestas and events are particularly festive. Pent-up demand.
BisbeeGal
BisbeeGal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Lady Otter Latté likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Wed Oct 12, 2022 8:30 am

As a side note, in Ajijic the occurrences of cohetes has been dramatically reduced in the 11 years we have lived here. Back then you could hear cohetes almost daily. Now they only seem to be used at 2 or 3 yearly fiesta's (Easter, San Andreas, Day of the dead) and the occasional wedding/party. It is trending in the right direction........

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Lady Otter Latté likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by SunFan Wed Oct 12, 2022 9:25 am

I wonder at the cost of these hundreds of cohetes.

Given the poverty at Lakeside how does the church rationalize this type of expense?

SunFan
SunFan
SunFan
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : None....no I'm joking.

Mad_Max likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mudgirl Wed Oct 12, 2022 9:54 am

SunFan wrote:I wonder at the cost of these hundreds of cohetes.

Given the poverty at Lakeside how does the church rationalize this type of expense?

SunFan

How has the church ever rationalized their golden churches while the people starved?
Didn't you know that the people are supposed to accept their fate on earth, which is God's grand plan, for some promised heavenly rewards in the afterlife?

mudgirl
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by mudgirl Wed Oct 12, 2022 9:56 am

Carry Bean wrote:I don’t see the thrill of a loud bang. Pretty sky rockets I. An understand but not just a big loud explosion.

A friend of mine says they don't want God to forget they're here. :-)

mudgirl
Share Holder
Share Holder

Carry Bean likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by BisbeeGal Wed Oct 12, 2022 9:59 am

CanuckBob wrote:As a side note, in Ajijic the occurrences of cohetes has been dramatically reduced in the 11 years we have lived here. Back then you could hear cohetes almost daily. Now they only seem to be used at 2 or 3 yearly fiesta's (Easter, San Andreas, Day of the dead) and the occasional wedding/party. It is trending in the right direction........

Depends. The folks in Seis Esquinas LOVE cohetes!

The weekend kick-off (Oct. 1) for the Fiesta del Rosario was pretty loud where we are...near the procession route between the Plaza and the Guadalupe Church in Seis Esquinas. The last day of Rosario will be equally loud, as the final procession is quite a sight. Oct. 31st...if you've never seen this parade, it is worthwhile. Also may be loud when the Virgen of Zapopan arrives Oct. 27th.

Louder still is Día de Guadalupe, again at her church in Seis Esquinas. Dec. 12th. Also since many of the residents of Seis Esquinas are in the construction trades, El Día de Las Cruces (May 3rd) is huge there with many homes displaying altars with street parties that night with cohetes. The altars are worth a walking tour that afternoon and evening.

BisbeeGal
BisbeeGal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad_Max Wed Oct 12, 2022 10:10 am

and in riberas one more day of cohetes - early start tho at 10 am usually later in afternoon. VERY loud as they are being set off within 1/2 block or so - my dog is shivering in disapproval.
Mad_Max
Mad_Max
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Wed Oct 12, 2022 10:37 am

CanuckBob wrote:As a side note, in Ajijic the occurrences of cohetes has been dramatically reduced in the 11 years we have lived here. Back then you could hear cohetes almost daily. Now they only seem to be used at 2 or 3 yearly fiesta's (Easter, San Andreas, Day of the dead) and the occasional wedding/party. It is trending in the right direction........

I agree! First years in Chapala the saint’s day celebration was a barrage of cohetes at 6 a.m., noon, 6 p.m., and 11 p.m. every day for the nine days. Also on the first of every month it was a barrage at noon to welcome the new month. Stuff like that.

Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next