INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New RFC Requirement for Expats, From the Mexico Daily News

+12
Intercasa
SunshineyDay
brigitte
Marrell
mudgirl
Lady Otter Latté
ferret
Carry Bean
cypress
CanuckBob
BisbeeGal
MichaelB
16 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

New RFC Requirement for Expats, From the Mexico Daily News - Page 4 Empty Re: New RFC Requirement for Expats, From the Mexico Daily News

Post by cypress Tue May 31, 2022 3:48 am

mudgirl wrote:
cypress wrote:
mudgirl wrote:
cypress wrote:

It is not really a new requirement as many of us have had an RFC for years.

It is a new requirement that every Mexican and every resident over the age of 18 has to have an RFC.

That many people have  had RFCs for years is relevant.

For those that already have an RFC it is relevant

Do you always talk in pointless circles?[/ when there are circles.

Last edited by cypress on Tue May 31, 2022 3:57 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling mistake)

cypress
Share Holder
Share Holder

cypress dislikes this post

Back to top Go down

New RFC Requirement for Expats, From the Mexico Daily News - Page 4 Empty Re: New RFC Requirement for Expats, From the Mexico Daily News

Post by SunshineyDay Thu Jun 02, 2022 3:32 pm

This gets more confusing by the day.
1) Is it a requirement  to appear in person at SAT if you already have a RFC # and only need to report a change of address?
2) Can the proof of RFC# the Constancia be generated off the SAT website?
3) If so where and how do we obtain the password to do so?
TIA

SunshineyDay
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by MichaelB Thu Jun 02, 2022 11:28 pm

From what I have been told at work by the company HR department that you need to go to SAT to get you password. I think its a load of crap, but nobody asked me.

MichaelB
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by cerebrozo Fri Jun 03, 2022 8:15 am

SunshineyDay wrote:This gets more confusing by the day.
1) Is it a requirement  to appear in person at SAT if you already have a RFC # and only need to report a change of address?
TIA

You can get your SAT password on-line by going to satid.sat.gob.mx and jumping through all the hoops.  With that password you can then go on-line and print out your Constancia de situación fiscal.

You can only change your address with SAT on-line if have an encrypted e-firma/e-signature file that authorizes your identity.  Otherwise you have to go to an SAT office to do that.
cerebrozo
cerebrozo
Share Holder
Share Holder

MichaelB likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by dvinton Fri Jun 03, 2022 8:39 am

I know this has been discussed ad nauseam but, and what I’m going to say isn’t new but it might help give some context why this is happening and how urgent, or not, action is required.

From an email to a friend:

If you've not seen this, here's another Paul Roo video that gives his POV on the urgency of meeting these deadlines, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAWacVMa22w.

Also, I found an informative article that gives a real-world context why we need to appear (eventually) in a SAT office, https://en.equilibrium.mx/post/rfc-registration-obligation.

My take away from the article and Paul Roo video. The government has mandated that businesses issue factura's confirming to a new version, CFDI 4.0 starting July 1. To issue that factura, you'll need to supply your RFC and C.P. That RFC and C.P. must match against SAT's database. If they don't match the factura is not issued.

You'll need to go to an SAT office personally and submit additional information if the July 1 CFDI 4.0 factura deadline holds. And, you conduct a business transaction on July 1, or later that requires a factura. So, if you are buying or selling a house, buying a car, opening a bank account, or some other significant transaction, a factura probably will be required. Otherwise, getting to the SAT & CFE offices is not as urgent but will need to be eventually done.

dvinton
Share Holder
Share Holder

ferret likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by cypress Sun Jun 05, 2022 3:56 am

They are making living in Mexico too complicated. Maybe it is time to move along.

cypress
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Sun Jun 05, 2022 9:37 am

There is no requirement to appear in person if you have a correct RFC

Actually you cannot make an appointment about getting a constancia if you have a valid RFC.

I have a valid RFC that I have been using for reimbursement of expenses. I asked a contractor for a factura and his account told me my RFC was not active. I made an appointment and got on the virtual list.
Yesterday I got a message from RFC that I could not make an appointment because I had a valid, active RFC and to do whatever change or claim I wanted to make on the internet directly.

So not only there is no requirement to appear in person but they will not give an appointment for constancia if you have a valid RFC.

If you think life in complicated in Mexico , go to Europe and you will learn what complicated it.. The US is not much better but it does help to speak Spanish and integrated in the culture you are living in except of fighting anything new to you.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Lady Otter Latté likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by cypress Sun Jun 05, 2022 5:31 pm

brigitte wrote:There is no requirement to appear in person if you have a correct RFC

Actually you cannot make an appointment about getting a constancia if you have a valid RFC.

I have a valid RFC that I have been using for reimbursement of expenses.  I asked a contractor for a factura and his account told me my RFC was not active. I made an appointment and got on the virtual list.
Yesterday I got a message from RFC that I could not make an appointment because I had a valid, active RFC and to do whatever change or claim I wanted to make on the internet directly.  

So not only there is no requirement to appear in person but they will not give an appointment for constancia if you have a valid RFC.

If you think life in complicated in Mexico , go to Europe and you will learn what complicated it.. The US is not much better but it does help to speak Spanish and integrated in the culture you are living in except of fighting anything new to you.
Yes, speaking Spanish makes it much easier

cypress
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Mon Jun 06, 2022 1:19 pm

There is a process if you have a valid RFC to get a password online, we help people as the number 1 reason people are rejected is that their signature does not match so we bought a signing tablet and stylus now there is no issue with signatures you just need to scan documents and reduce file size and have in the proper format.
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Barbed wit

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Mon Jun 06, 2022 2:24 pm

Intercasa wrote:There is a process if you have a valid RFC to get a password online, we help people as the number 1 reason people are rejected is that their signature does not match so we bought a signing tablet and stylus now there is no issue with signatures you just need to scan documents and reduce file size and have in the proper format.  

Spencer, can your office do the whole thing for me? I’ll pay but this confuses me greatly plus I se iPads not a computer. I don’t know if Inhave an RFC or not.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

New RFC Requirement for Expats, From the Mexico Daily News - Page 4 Empty 13-Character RFC

Post by ColorMeBlue Mon Jun 06, 2022 4:19 pm

One problem that seems to be overlooked is that you cannot use the SAT website to generate a password for a valid RFC that is 13 characters long, as mine is. the site will only accept a 12 character RFC. True? True but fixable? Untrue?

ColorMeBlue

Back to top Go down

Post by BisbeeGal Mon Jun 06, 2022 4:36 pm

ColorMeBlue wrote:One problem that seems to be overlooked is that you cannot use the SAT website to generate a password for a valid RFC that is 13 characters long, as mine is. the site will only accept a 12 character RFC. True? True but fixable? Untrue?

Go here for 13 character RFC

https://satid.sat.gob.mx/
BisbeeGal
BisbeeGal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by cypress Wed Jun 08, 2022 6:48 am

SunshineyDay wrote:This gets more confusing by the day.
TIA
1-no
2-yes

cypress
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by BisbeeGal Wed Jun 08, 2022 1:08 pm

Got my Constancia today at Riberas Copy Center in Ajijic.  While I waited, had lunch at Baja Norte almost next door.  

fyi, she said usually 5 minutes wait but system was slow today. It took about 15 minutes.

It is next door to Lopez' frutería.
BisbeeGal
BisbeeGal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Wed Jun 08, 2022 1:55 pm

the dead line is postponed till jan 1 2023 so by that time what you did probably will not be valid anymore New RFC Requirement for Expats, From the Mexico Daily News - Page 4 1f604

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by BisbeeGal Wed Jun 08, 2022 2:06 pm

Was worth it to get another great lunch at Baja Norte New RFC Requirement for Expats, From the Mexico Daily News - Page 4 1f600

Though it's doubtful I'll ever need one, frankly. And they don't actually expire, though a business can request one that is within xx many days (but they are not required to do that).

I don't have any insurance here and have never requested a factura, even after hospital stays.

My correct RFC has been on my TelMex account since 2017 and I doubt they'll ask for a new one. It's the only household account in my name.

Vamos a ver!
BisbeeGal
BisbeeGal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Marrell Wed Jun 08, 2022 3:27 pm

I already had my RFC but had the papeleria print a constancia. CFE today wanted the RFC printed within 30 days and I had just made copies of my old one. Luckily I brought a copy of the constancia and she used that and made a copy of mine for the two CFE accounts in my name.

Marrell
Share Holder
Share Holder

BisbeeGal likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mudgirl Wed Jun 08, 2022 8:24 pm

Marrell wrote: CFE  today wanted the RFC printed within 30 days and I had just made copies of my old one.

That's ridiculous. RFCs don't expire.

Nor do I understand what an RFC paper is. I've had a business here for 15 years, and I've never had any kind of RFC paper.

mudgirl
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Thu Jun 09, 2022 11:16 am

constancia do expire depending on what you need them for.. I have one from 3 years ago and the notario is not accepting it..

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by MichaelB Thu Jun 09, 2022 2:21 pm

So it sounds like this is a way for the people at SAT to keep their jobs, Creating a new Cluster Fu_k every 3 years....

MichaelB
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by mudgirl Thu Jun 09, 2022 6:50 pm

brigitte wrote:constancia do expire depending on what you need them for.. I have one from 3 years ago and the notario is not accepting it..

Yes, places want to see a recent constancia because a constancia is proof of your tax status, which can change for some people.

Martell said they wanted a recent RFC, not Constancia, which is not the same thing.

mudgirl
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by mudgirl Thu Jun 09, 2022 6:54 pm

MichaelB wrote:So it sounds like this is a way for the people at SAT to keep their jobs, Creating a new Cluster Fu_k every 3 years....

No, you just don't understand what a Constancia is.  See my post above. And there is no "every three years". An RFC is forever. A Constancia verifies your tax status and other info. None of it has anything to do with SAT employees keeping their jobs.

There isn't any clusterf**k- SAT is just requiring everyone to have an RFC because they are cracking down on people who are supposed to, not paying taxes. Which is understandable. The only hassle now is that there were so many people who didn't have an RFC, or thought they did, but weren't sure, and had never accessed the SAT site before, so didn't have a password.

I've had an RFC and a business and been paying taxes since 2006, and I have never had any problem accessing the SAT site, or generating a recent Connstancia when needed.

mudgirl
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by karjoeaz Fri Jun 10, 2022 1:28 pm

What are the ramafications if I do not get a RFC number?

karjoeaz

Humor : Halariuos w/alohol

Back to top Go down

Post by mudgirl Fri Jun 10, 2022 2:12 pm

karjoeaz wrote:What are the ramafications if I do not get a RFC number?

You won't be able to have a CFE account, a bank account, a Mexican driver's license, Mexican car insurance, etc, etc.

mudgirl
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Fri Jun 10, 2022 2:21 pm

karjoeaz wrote:What are the ramafications if I do not get a RFC number?

Just wait until someone ask for a legit one and then get one.So far , there is no penalty to you . I just renewed insurance no RFC required and they have some phony one on the bill, they renewed , no questions asked because they now have until January one to get it correctly

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by karjoeaz Fri Jun 10, 2022 4:49 pm

Maybe by January they will have an age limit on it. I can slide in under the limit. LOL

karjoeaz

Humor : Halariuos w/alohol

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next