INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New RFC Requirement for Expats, From the Mexico Daily News

+12
Intercasa
SunshineyDay
brigitte
Marrell
mudgirl
Lady Otter Latté
ferret
Carry Bean
cypress
CanuckBob
BisbeeGal
MichaelB
16 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

New RFC Requirement for Expats, From the Mexico Daily News Empty New RFC Requirement for Expats, From the Mexico Daily News

Post by MichaelB Fri May 20, 2022 11:37 am

Tax reform requires expats to obtain taxpayer registration by July 1

All foreign residents in Mexico will soon be required to have a tax number due to a recent tax reform.

Temporary and permanent residents aged 18 or over or anyone with a CURP identity number must have an RFC number by July 1 whether they earn income in Mexico or not.

RFC stands for Registro Federal de Contribuyentes, or Federal Taxpayers Registry. RFC numbers are used by the federal government for a range of purposes, among which are to track income and detect potential cases of money laundering.

An application for an RFC number must be lodged in person at an office of the federal tax agency SAT. The first step in the process is to make an appointment at your nearest SAT office via the agency’s online portal

If you don’t understand Spanish you can use Google Translate to convert the text to English.

After requesting an appointment (registrar cita) and choosing the option for an individual taxpayer (persona física) you will be required to enter your CURP number, which appears on residency cards, as well as your full name and email address.

You will then be directed to a new page, where you will need to select the service for which you’d like to make an appointment, the state in which you live and the office at which you would like to lodge your application.

After you have done that, you will either be able to schedule an appointment on the page’s virtual calendar or be told that no appointments are available and given the option to join a fila virtual or virtual line. By entering your email address you will be sent a “token” – an alphanumeric code – that can be used to join the virtual line.
You will then receive an email confirming you are in the virtual line and advising you to monitor your email for an appointment date and time. On the day of your appointment, you will need to take a variety of documents to the SAT office.

According to the SAT website, foreigners applying for a RFC number themselves need:

A valid migration document, i.e. a residency card.
Proof of address, such as a bank statement, electricity bill or rental contract.
A passport.

MichaelB
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

New RFC Requirement for Expats, From the Mexico Daily News Empty Re: New RFC Requirement for Expats, From the Mexico Daily News

Post by BisbeeGal Fri May 20, 2022 11:39 am

There's already a thread for this. Under Legal, Customs, Immigration.
BisbeeGal
BisbeeGal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

New RFC Requirement for Expats, From the Mexico Daily News Empty Re: New RFC Requirement for Expats, From the Mexico Daily News

Post by MichaelB Fri May 20, 2022 12:18 pm

just trying to be helpful, sorry

MichaelB
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Fri May 20, 2022 12:29 pm

Here is a link to the other thread that BisbeeGal is referring too:

https://www.insidelakeside.com/t24613-tax-reform-requires-expats-to-obtain-taxpayer-registration-by-july-1

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by MichaelB Fri May 20, 2022 1:15 pm

Thanks Bob.

MichaelB
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by cypress Fri May 20, 2022 5:24 pm

Who/What is the Mexico Daily News

cypress
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Fri May 20, 2022 5:31 pm

cypress wrote:Who/What is the Mexico Daily News

https://mexiconewsdaily.com/

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by cypress Fri May 20, 2022 6:09 pm

Carry Bean wrote:

https://mexiconewsdaily.com/
I ask because it sounds fishy.

cypress
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by cypress Fri May 20, 2022 6:52 pm

I have been scanning the Mexico News Daily for years it is a bit sensational.

Last edited by cypress on Fri May 20, 2022 7:00 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : more information)

cypress
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Fri May 20, 2022 6:57 pm

It's not. Many years ago, there used to be a hard copy real live paper newspaper that was put out weekly in the same manner as the Guadalajara Reporter does. Cost cutting ended up with only the online version. Such is life. But, they are most definitely legit.
I have fond memories of sitting in the Jardin in San Miguel de Allende and reading what was at the time the only reasonably priced English publication available. There was also "Atencion" put out by the Biblioteca there. You could buy USA today (the real paper) as well.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Fri May 20, 2022 7:10 pm

MichaelB wrote:just trying to be helpful, sorry

No need to apologize for being helpful. I did not see the other post so I might have missed this information. Also, because of this thread Bob posted the link to the post at least you and I missed. Thank you for caring about other people.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Carry Bean, ferret, kamcd and mudgirl like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by cypress Fri May 20, 2022 8:02 pm

ferret wrote:It's not. Many years ago, there used to be a hard copy real live paper newspaper that was put out weekly in the same manner as the Guadalajara Reporter does. Cost cutting ended up with only the online version. Such is life. But, they are most definitely legit.
I have fond memories of sitting in the Jardin in San Miguel de Allende and reading what was at the time the only reasonably priced English publication available. There was also "Atencion" put out by the Biblioteca there. You could buy USA today (the real paper) as well.
It is sensational-mainly bad news as are many Mexican papers where they often show closeups of dead people.

cypress
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Fri May 20, 2022 8:13 pm

I suggest you click on the link provided. I have never seen the type of gore in the Mexico City News that is common in some other Mexican newspapers. And nothing sensational either. Just the news.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

mudgirl likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mudgirl Fri May 20, 2022 9:16 pm

ferret wrote:
I have fond memories of sitting in the Jardin in San Miguel de Allende and reading what was at the time the only reasonably priced English publication available. There was also "Atencion" put out by the Biblioteca there.

Me too! The print edition was actually much better than the online incarnation and had a lot of world news as well. When did you live there? I lived there for not that long, about 5 months, back in the winter of 1998.

mudgirl
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by mudgirl Fri May 20, 2022 9:20 pm

cypress wrote:

What sounds fishy? The publication or the new RFC requirement? Why would you think a new requirement like that sounds fishy?

mudgirl
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Fri May 20, 2022 9:23 pm

We lived there from May 1st of 1996 to October of 2005. December and January would definitely have been way too cold for you and we always went to the coast during that time frame starting in about 1998.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by mudgirl Fri May 20, 2022 9:56 pm

Yes, I was freezing. I made my landlord buy heaters. Did you know Blind George? (It seemed like everyone did) I lived in one of his apartments up in Santa Julia.

mudgirl
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Fri May 20, 2022 10:34 pm

I don't recall that name nor do I recall Santa Julia for that matter. You wouldn't recognize San Miguel now. It will still be magical to those first encountering it but so different from what it was then.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by mudgirl Fri May 20, 2022 10:49 pm

ferret wrote:I don't recall that name nor do I recall Santa Julia for that matter. You wouldn't recognize San Miguel now. It will still be magical to those first encountering it but so different from what it was then.

He was a tall, skinny old man with a long white beard, American and was actually blind. Santa Julia was a colonia about a 20 minute walk from the centro, past the market by and across the river. There was a big maternity hospital and nursing school up there. People said it was rough colonia with gangs, but I walked to town and back all the time, sometimes late at night and never had a problem. Up near the top of the colonia, where Blind George's place was, was very lightly developed at that time, and yes, I'm sure I wouldn't recognize it now.

I had a 360 degree view of the lake and town from my apartment. I had good times there.

mudgirl
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Fri May 20, 2022 11:40 pm

You were located almost exactly on the opposite side of San Miguel from us. Check out this map... I've never heard of "Arcos de San Miguel" either and the whole area there was then known as Atascadero. But, under the location of Arcos de San Miguel, is a postal code and our house was exactly where the number 3 is... Porton #6. We'd walk down the hill every day into centro and then took a taxi back up... for 25 pesos.
New RFC Requirement for Expats, From the Mexico Daily News 12269_10
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by mudgirl Sat May 21, 2022 12:11 am

As I recall, the Gigante supermarket was up where you lived? Seeing the map makes me nostalgic. I should go back for a few days. I explored quite a lot while I was there. Went out dancing a lot, too.

mudgirl
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by cypress Sat May 21, 2022 5:53 am

mudgirl wrote:
cypress wrote:

What sounds fishy? The  publication or the new RFC requirement? Why would you think a new requirement like that sounds fishy?
Because it dies not make sense.

cypress
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by cypress Sat May 21, 2022 5:54 am

ferret wrote:I suggest you click on the link provided. I have never seen the type of gore in the Mexico City News that is common in some other Mexican newspapers. And nothing sensational either. Just the news.
Pretty sensational news sometimes.

cypress
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Sat May 21, 2022 7:26 am

mudgirl wrote:As I recall, the Gigante supermarket was up where you lived? Seeing the map makes me nostalgic. I should go back for a few days. I explored quite a lot while I was there. Went out dancing a lot, too.

Gigante, yes... in the Plaza Carocol on the road to Queretaro. Alas, that entire plaza is now government offices. There is a huge MEGA now on the most southern intersection (aka the way to Los Frailes). This map is very misleading because just about anything green on it, is now built up. You may want to keep your memories intact and not go back.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

mudgirl likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sat May 21, 2022 7:32 am

I have been to SMA 4 times and every time it has been in December or January as we were pet-sitting for friends there. It was always cold and cloudy. I don't recall ever wearing shorts on my visits there. I need to see it in the summer.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next