INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gov announces Chapala and Joco are getting Sinovac according to other board

+10
CHILLIN
BisbeeGal
artsnob
dvinton
gringal
slainte39
sm1mex
ferret
CanuckBob
Zedinmexico
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Gov announces Chapala and Joco are getting Sinovac according to other board - Page 2 Empty Re: Gov announces Chapala and Joco are getting Sinovac according to other board

Post by dcampbell757 Wed Mar 17, 2021 12:00 pm

Nothing like that in Chapala.

dcampbell757
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Gov announces Chapala and Joco are getting Sinovac according to other board - Page 2 Empty Re: Gov announces Chapala and Joco are getting Sinovac according to other board

Post by dcampbell757 Wed Mar 17, 2021 12:02 pm

Nothing like that in Chapala. Can you tell me what they needed to know for the second registration?

dcampbell757
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Wed Mar 17, 2021 3:46 pm

You had to provide all your contact info again. Apparently they will be in touch for the second shots. Hopefully they set days/times for the next round.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:52 pm

CanuckBob wrote:My wife was in line at 8am and received her shot at 7pm. I believe they only had two people administering injections. They process about 80 people per hour.

Arrived a little past 8 AM, About an hour later they sorted out all the 80 year old and handicapped people and took us to a new line up, which in and of itself was numerous.  Checked our paperwork and finally vaccinated about 11 AM and sent on our merry way at about 12 noon.
Easy Peasy
Well organized and the shot was painless, never felt a thing. The nurse administrator and her helpers were quick and efficient.  After a waiting period of 30 minutes or so, they came by again to reconfirm contact info, telephone, email, physical address, and said we would be contacted after 28 days for the 2nd shot.
An American doctor there told us there would be 50% efficacy after the 1st shot and 95% efficacy after the 2nd one. No choices, only Sinovac and that Pfizer would never be lakeside because of its deterioration due to inadequate storage in warm weather which makes it worthless. He said you are really gambling with Pfizer unless you get it done where they have the super cold storage.

As far as I am concerned and the rest of us old birds there today, I don´t how they could have done it better. A lot of people brought portable chairs which we did. Be sure you have the right CURP document as one foreign lady didn´t and she had problems.
You can´t go to GDL for another type if you are not registered there or have proof of address there.  There isn´t government authorization for private dispensing of the vaccine and as Bob says it´s probably a long way off.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Wed Mar 17, 2021 9:10 pm

Forgot to mention a couple of things.....

There are stands setup selling fruit, tacos, and other food, girls running around giving out free bottles of water, and lots of baños in pretty good shape.  Might want to take some paper with you as some had run out of it.

The only strange things I noticed personally was that afterwards I got this terrible desire to go to Min Wah which I never have had before and came home and called a grand daughter and asked if she would come over and play Chinese checkers with me. scratch scratch scratch

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

CanuckBob, gringal, ferret and RickS like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Thu Mar 18, 2021 12:12 am

LOL! Mahjong will be harder but that's after the second dose. ;)
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

slainte39 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by dcampbell757 Thu Mar 18, 2021 9:39 am

Thanks for the information. In Chapala they did this before the shot.

dcampbell757
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Canmex 87 Thu Mar 18, 2021 12:02 pm

We went to Chapala today and received our vaccine by 10:00 A.M.
Extremely well organized.

Canmex 87
Share Holder
Share Holder

ferret likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Thu Mar 18, 2021 1:22 pm

slainte39 wrote:Forgot to mention a couple of things.....

There are stands setup selling fruit, tacos, and other food, girls running around giving out free bottles of water, and lots of baños in pretty good shape.  Might want to take some paper with you as some had run out of it.

The only strange things I noticed personally was that afterwards I got this terrible desire to go to Min Wah which I never have had before and came home and called a grand daughter and asked if she would come over and play Chinese checkers with me. scratch scratch scratch

Hào chī de yī dùn fàn? See Mr or Mrs Google for translation.

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Thu Mar 18, 2021 5:30 pm

I have heard of one person from here who went to Tonala and got a Pfizer shot. Two hour wait. I am waiting to get some more info on this, like what documents were required. I understood that you needed to show proof of residence there but apparently not.......

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by BisbeeGal Thu Mar 18, 2021 5:33 pm

From TOB this afternoon,
https://www.chapala.com/webboard/index.php?/topic/90451-amazing-vaccine-experience-yesterday-in-tonala-at-the-university/&tab=comments#comment-687413
BisbeeGal
BisbeeGal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by artsnob Thu Mar 18, 2021 5:43 pm

I have some friends from here who were turned away because they were not GDL resident, they were shopping there so no loss, worth a try tho

artsnob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Thu Mar 18, 2021 8:37 pm

Two couples I know went to Tonala yesterday from here and were most definitely not turned away.

3.5 hours today (Thursday) in Chapala, start to finish, got there at 3pm.... including the 30 minute wait after. Given a form for the next shot. Talk about better organized than the first day: shade tents, tons of beer chairs, handed out agua fresca, ham bolillos, water, fruit... great huge group of volunteers.

They are continuing tomorrow in Chapala.

NOTE: I had printed out my full-page CURP probably two years ago. It did not show the official seal, so it was not acceptable... but they printed a new one for me on the spot. Amazing.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

ferret likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosa Venus Fri Mar 19, 2021 8:53 pm

I went to the Ajijic malecón today at 5pm to see if there was still availability and if the lines had shortened. The crowd was still enormous so today wouldn't be my day due to my own limitations. Nonetheless, I'm really happy to see it happening here as early as it is - I didn't think vaccines would be available for months - and happy seeing so many others in our area getting vaccinated. My turn will come.
Rosa Venus
Rosa Venus
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : The funny kind

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:05 pm

Hopefully they get it all worked out when they get to the 50+........lol.

Beer

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosa Venus Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:28 pm

CONFESSION: I'm not quite 60 yet either (but really close). A few weeks ago, figuring I would reach 60 well before vaccines became available here, I went to the website just to see if I'd be accepted. I was. I thought I'd like to be ready when vaccines became available.

When they suddenly appeared here this week, I didn't rush to get in line. But at the same time, depending upon how much demand there was, I didn't want any of the vaccines to go to waste. They have to go into somebody's arm! Very Happy

So I went to see if there was still more demand than supply, and there was. I was a little disappointed but no big deal. And it was cool seeing the crowds at the malecón late this afternoon. I've never experienced war myself, but it almost felt like what people have described as a "war-time effort". I recognized tons of locals at the park, lots who'd probably just got off work, etc. It felt good seeing it happen and that there was lots of cooperation, etc.

mivacuna website
Rosa Venus
Rosa Venus
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : The funny kind

CanuckBob and slainte39 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2