INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

sinovac

+17
gatosigi
mattoleriver
mudgirl
Jreboll
Zedinmexico
CHILLIN
gringal
BisbeeGal
Lady Otter Latté
rafterbr
RoyD
sm1mex
ferret
ComputerGuy
artsnob
slainte39
sturdley
21 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

sinovac   Empty sinovac

Post by sturdley Thu Mar 11, 2021 8:53 pm

The sinovac shot is being given in Mescala. The effectiveness seems to be lower than the other vaccines. Would you take the sinovac tomorrow if you were offered it?

sturdley

Back to top Go down

sinovac   Empty Re: sinovac

Post by slainte39 Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:39 pm

Yes, and I will, if not given a choice.  Probably as effective pct. wise as a normal flu shot.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by artsnob Fri Mar 12, 2021 8:08 am

My doctor says I should get anythng that is offered as it is better than getting nothing, I am in high risk group, 80, with asthma, and over weight...

artsnob
Share Holder
Share Holder

slainte39, Lady Otter Latté and JyC like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Fri Mar 12, 2021 8:39 am

I will take whatever is offered at the time. How selfish it would be to refuse.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

slainte39 and Lady Otter Latté like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Fri Mar 12, 2021 8:52 am

I agree. Take what is offered 'cuz it's a whole lot better than taking nothing.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

slainte39 and Lady Otter Latté like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by sm1mex Fri Mar 12, 2021 9:10 am

My Dr. said to get it also if that is what’s available.

sm1mex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by RoyD Fri Mar 12, 2021 9:17 am

I guess you have to take what you get, but read this article from CNN. Can we really trust the Chinese?

https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/17/asia/sinovac-vaccine-asia-efficacy-intl-hnk/index.html

RoyD
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : I am a funny guy

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Fri Mar 12, 2021 9:47 am

I read the article. Several quotes from it may help put it into perspective...
A Sinovac representative told CNN that the discrepancy in efficacy results was due to the different situations in countries where clinical trials were carried out.
"The results are from different populations, in different places with different morbidity rates, and therefore they span a relatively large range," the representative said.

And efficacy might not necessarily mean how effective the vaccine turns out to be. "Once the vaccine moves from clinical trials into the community, you need to think broadly about all the different aspects of what makes a vaccine work," Turner said.

Experts have said that while scientific discussion of new data being made available is a good thing, it shouldn't detract from the fact that all vaccines that have been approved in countries around the world have been shown to be safe and effective at stopping death and serious disease.

The main thing is we want to stop deaths, that's the first thing you want. If you vaccinate as many as you can, you know the vaccine may not stop all people from getting infected but those are good at stopping serious infections, hospitalizations and death. Time is not on our side.

There are many variables at play here and absolutely NONE of the articles I've read have said a thing about boosting your immune system to help the vaccine to do its job.

ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by rafterbr Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:17 am

I am probably not the best person to be a nay sayer since I have been vaccinated with the Pfizer vaccine. However there is strong evidence having been vaccinated with the Pfizer you will no longer be a carrier of the virus. This means no masks in public or airplane rides. They will advise people to still wear masks but this is a way of encouraging all people to wear masks. When I got my shot they asked if I had received any other vaccine with the implication if I had, they would not give me a different vaccine. The Pfizer is 95% effective, the Sinovac 50%. The drug companies are really churning out the vaccines now and I think Pfizer or Moderna will be available to everyone in a month or two. Even if you have to pay for it, I think the wait would be worth it.

rafterbr
Share Holder
Share Holder

kiko and BisbeeGal like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Fri Mar 12, 2021 1:10 pm

I guess it depends: if you refuse the first, will they offer anything to you ever again?
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Fri Mar 12, 2021 2:20 pm

rafterbr wrote:I am probably not the best person to be a nay sayer since I have been vaccinated with the Pfizer vaccine.  However there is strong evidence having been vaccinated with the Pfizer you will no longer be a carrier of the virus.  This means no masks in public or airplane rides.  They will advise people to still wear masks but this is a way of encouraging all people to wear masks.  When I got my shot they asked if I had received any other vaccine with the implication if I had, they would not give me a different vaccine.  The Pfizer is 95% effective, the Sinovac 50%.  The drug companies are really churning out the vaccines now and I think Pfizer or Moderna will be available to everyone in a month or two.  Even if you have to pay for it, I think the wait would be worth it.

The wait will not be worth it if in a month or two you’re dead or have been in ICU on a ventilator.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

ferret and slainte39 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by rafterbr Fri Mar 12, 2021 3:23 pm

[quote="ComputerGuy"]I guess it depends: if you refuse the first, will they offer anything to you ever again?[/quot

My small pharmacy here in Oklahoma is now offering Moderna shots. I believe Moderna with its low refrigeration requirements will soon be offered Lakeside on a pay basis. To me the extra protection would well be worth the cost.
There is just to much money to be made for someone like Guadalajara Pharmacy not to offer it. I know the mayor of Detroit has refused to accept J&J vaccine for his city and it is supposed to be 70% effective.

rafterbr
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by BisbeeGal Fri Mar 12, 2021 3:30 pm

Lady Otter Latté wrote:

The wait will not be worth it if in a month or two you’re dead or have been in ICU on a ventilator.

Taking a Chinese vaccine whose efficacy is unknown is not worth the risk.  You can't know if you are protected.
https://www.seattletimes.com/nation-world/world/mexico-to-rely-mainly-on-chinese-vaccines/

Mexico announced a huge bet on Chinese vaccines Tuesday, without making public any information about their efficacy.

Foreign Relations Secretary Marcelo Ebrard said the Mexican government has signed agreements for 12 million doses of the yet-unapproved Sinopharm vaccine and increased to a total of 20 million doses its contracts for the Coronavac dose made by China’s Sinovac.

However, Ebrard’s office has repeatedly refused to answer questions about the efficacy of the Chinese shots.

Sinopharm has claimed its vaccine was 79% effective based on interim data from clinical trials, but like other Chinese firms, it has not publicly released its late-stage clinical trial data.

Experts in Hong Kong have assessed the efficacy of the Sinovac vaccine at about 51%. That shot has already been approved for use in Mexico.

The CanSino vaccine has been approved in Mexico and reportedly has an efficacy rate of around 65.7%,

Amid a dearth of public data on China’s vaccines, hesitations over their efficacy and safety are still pervasive in the countries depending on them.

Inoculations with Chinese vaccines already have begun in more than 25 countries. None of China’s three vaccine candidates used globally have publicly released their late-stage clinical trial data.
BisbeeGal
BisbeeGal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by sm1mex Fri Mar 12, 2021 4:52 pm

My Dr. said he doesn’t see private for sale vaccines in the near future.

sm1mex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Fri Mar 12, 2021 8:31 pm

[quote="RoyD"]. Can we really trust the Chinese?

Why put it that way?  Like the Chinese are some inferior class of people?

I´ll take it, if it comes from any place between Lapp land and Tierra del Fuego, made by any kind of people, if it is being used worldwide and having some kind of efficacy. In this case, I will try to overlook the fact that it is made by those sneaky, devious Chinese.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Lady Otter Latté likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by rafterbr Fri Mar 12, 2021 9:35 pm

Covid came from China yet they refuse to let the World Health Organization study its origin or early prognosis. The Chinese develop a Covid vaccine but will not release clinical studies. Yes, I am not a fan of China. I think they should be paying for all the destruction around the world this has caused.

rafterbr
Share Holder
Share Holder

slainte39 dislikes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:58 pm

So who are you going to go after for the smallpox that decimated the native peoples of North America? In this world, with people traveling by plane, train and bus, anything can go anywhere quickly. You can run but you can't hide.

https://www.healthline.com/health/worst-disease-outbreaks-history#yellow-fever

And before all of the above mentioned in the link, there was the Bubonic Plague. Shit happens.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

slainte39, kamcd and mudgirl like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sat Mar 13, 2021 7:06 am

From some of these posts, I get the impression that some folks think that one of the most ancient civilizations on planet Earth deliberately caused a terrible disease to spread world wide, and then created an inferior vaccine which it is offering to other nations to combat it, and that therefore, they should pay for all the damage. Their initial crime? Overthrowing a dictator and installing a form of government which some find even more horrifying. My brain aches.Rolling Eyes

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

slainte39 and RVGRINGO like this post

benjji dislikes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by rafterbr Sat Mar 13, 2021 1:10 pm

My beef is not with the Chinese people but with the China Government and its concentration camps and mass sterilization of the uyghur people. Ask people in Taiwan and Hong Kong about the China government. Top USA military officers say we will be in a shooting war with China in the next 6 years if we stand by Taiwan. Yes, I do not believe one thing the Chinese government says and any help they offer with Covid should be looked at closely. They are offering help to poor and third world countries and I am sure in the future there will be a price to pay.

rafterbr
Share Holder
Share Holder

BisbeeGal likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by CHILLIN Sat Mar 13, 2021 1:32 pm

When the bulk of people get vaccinated, that is when a surplus of vaccines will be sold privately. Law of supply and demand. For now, reading how the first vaccination went In Zapopan, I am never going to sit through one of these Mexican trainwrecks ever again. The military was 3 hours late delivering the virus. Somehow, people thought it was for all ages, when they only brought enough doses for over 65. The lineup, of all mixed ages, was over 1 km long. For the seniors, no where to sit, no shade, shortage of portable toilets ( probably overflowing). A whole day of your life wasted - for what, to save $10 on vaccine shot?!?!
My source is the Guad Reporter.
CHILLIN
CHILLIN
Share Holder
Share Holder

rafterbr likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Sat Mar 13, 2021 6:01 pm

China is not a backward country and has a tremendous infrastructure for everyone,  of their roads, high speed trains, bridges, dams, ports, as well as adequate food, clothing, and shelter for the populace.
They are into space technology and engineering, as well as, other scientific and educational advances but they are not a perfect society.... nowhere is.  The US and all other countries have some sort of defects, like poverty, racism, police misbehavior, poor infrastructure, lack of good affordable health care for everyone, and on and on.

Let he/she/the country without sin cast the first stone.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

CanuckBob, gringal, ferret, Smartalex, RickS, Ezzie, kamcd and like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Sun Mar 14, 2021 8:15 am

slainte39 wrote:China is not a backward country and has a tremendous infrastructure for everyone,  of their roads, high speed trains, bridges, dams, ports, as well as adequate food, clothing, and shelter for the populace.
They are into space technology and engineering, as well as, other scientific and educational advances but they are not a perfect society.... nowhere is.  The US and all other countries have some sort of defects, like poverty, racism, police misbehavior, poor infrastructure, lack of good affordable health care for everyone, and on and on.

Let he/she/the country without sin cast the first stone.

OK everything you say is true.  I have worked in China I know it well.  However I can read no info on the Chinese vaccines.  Nothing zip.  Even the evil Russians
:-) released info about Sputnik to the extent I can make a judgement about it.  As long as the Chinese restrict access to information I am not sure I can make a proper analysis about it.  I may pass and wait until I can buy my vaccine. Denying access to WHO is not too cool either. Info is being denied everybody. My experience in China regarding the Government and Corporations is to not trust them. Do you know the largest corporations in China are run by the army? Trust?
What trust.

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

rafterbr and BisbeeGal like this post

slainte39 dislikes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sun Mar 14, 2021 9:23 am

post deleted

Last edited by gringal on Sun Mar 14, 2021 9:31 am; edited 1 time in total

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sun Mar 14, 2021 9:30 am

Does anyone here trust the word coming from any large corporate entities ANYWHERE? The first that comes to my mind is when "smoking is GOOD for you" came forth from tobacco corps. I'm not trying to excuse anyone who lies, it just seems to be the general trend worldwide.
Governments do a good job at muddying as well. Remember when 9/11 was somehow a good reason to start a war in Iraq?
Trust in general should be withheld most of the time, IMHO.pirat

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

slainte39, Lady Otter Latté and nlu like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by BisbeeGal Sun Mar 14, 2021 9:46 am

Sinovac has been purchased by another totalitarian regime, Duarte's Phillipines.  After hailing the arrival of Sinovac, 77 year old Duarte admitted that he will not take it.  The Phillipines version of the FDA did not approve it for either its Health Care workers nor for people aged 60 and older.  It will only be given to healthy individuals age 59 and younger who are not Health Care workers. Sinovac was deemed not effective enough to be used on Health Care workers or people 60 plus years of age.
BisbeeGal
BisbeeGal
Share Holder
Share Holder

mudgirl likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next