INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Second Vaccination Done

+10
MexicoPete
RickS
RVGRINGO
kiko
Jreboll
Plan B
slainte39
rafterbr
CanuckBob
RoyD
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Second Vaccination Done - Page 2 Empty Re: Second Vaccination Done

Post by MexicoPete Sat Feb 13, 2021 6:24 pm

Be glad you are not in the Vancouver, Seattle area where even those who are scheduled for shots will have a hard time reaching the facilities giving out the shots. It's been snowing like mad up here, where snow levels vary from 4 or 5 inches to more than a foot. Most off the snow came Friday night. and it is snowing right now.

I loved the snow for the first few hours. Now, I am getting a little tired of it.

MexicoPete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by RoyD Sat Feb 13, 2021 6:51 pm

Pete, you can keep that snow. I never want to see snow again except in a picture.

I agree with rafterbr, any information we can put out there for the folks at lakeside is for the community benefit. Let each individual make their own decision on whether it is valuable to them or not.

RoyD
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : I am a funny guy

Back to top Go down

Post by kiko Sat Feb 13, 2021 7:10 pm

On a sidebar, off topic a bit, the county health dept where I received my shot has about 50 employees and they have all been required to wear masks when at work for the last 12 months. During this time not one employee has become infected with Covid. That says a lot about the importance of a mask.
kiko
kiko
Share Holder
Share Holder

Irish Gal, ferret, RVGRINGO, brigitte and rafterbr like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MexicoPete Sat Feb 13, 2021 7:29 pm

RoyD wrote:Pete, you can keep that snow. I never want to see snow again except in a picture.

I agree with rafterbr, any information we can put out there for the folks at lakeside is for the community benefit. Let each individual make their own decision on whether it is valuable to them or not.

I probably should have stayed more on topic, it is just that our host, CanuckBob comes from Vancouver and I was just letting him know how lucky he is that he is down there lakeside and not up here in the thick of a snowstorm.
MexicoPete
MexicoPete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Sat Feb 13, 2021 10:11 pm

no true because the vaccines we are getting here are RUSSIAN, Chinese and astreca seneca.. the pfizer ones are for the health personel for their second vaccine..
How many of you in the states are getting Russan Chinese or astreca Seneca?

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by RickS Sun Feb 14, 2021 3:38 pm

Well, I'm not sure that there is or ever will be any Russian or Chinese vaccines heading our way but yes on the Oxford-Astrazeneca version.

Any Russian and/or Chinese vaccines are probably being directed especially to and for Citizen Trump and his family and legal experts.  Free.
RickS
RickS
Share Holder
Share Holder

ferret, slainte39, SunshineyDay, rafterbr, Heem and mudgirl like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Mon Feb 15, 2021 10:41 am

well this morning I jeard what I was wondering about.. All vaccines are not equal but they allprotect 100% against severe covid.. so ne it..

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by RoyD Mon Feb 15, 2021 4:29 pm

You mean they have a vaccine against Russians & Chinese?

Beer

RoyD
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Mon Feb 15, 2021 5:26 pm

ha ha that would be good but I do not think we are there yet.. Seriously .. we are the guinea pigs IF they give us stuff that is not approved but who knows, we may learn something good out of this all mess..

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by mattoleriver Tue Feb 16, 2021 12:08 am

My oldest sister, who lives in California, had a mild case of covid-19 last summer and got through it with no lingering side effects. A few days ago she got her first shot of the Moderna vaccine and after a few hours she started feeling very bad---achy, chills, fever. She called the clinic and was told that her reaction is not uncommon for people who had already been exposed to the virus. They also told her that it is the same reaction that happens to some people (people who have not previously had the virus) after their second vaccination . It took her about 24 hours to start feeling better.
mattoleriver
mattoleriver
Share Holder
Share Holder

ferret likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:02 am

A doctor I know almot died of covid a year ago.. He felt the same as your sister  after the  first shot but was sick for a week with the second shot..but he says it is worth it because he says that if you get a strong case of covid it is horrible..

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

ferret likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mudgirl Tue Feb 16, 2021 11:09 am

kiko wrote:On a sidebar, off topic a bit, the county health dept where I received my shot has about 50 employees and they have all been required to wear masks when at work for the last 12 months. During this time not one employee has become infected with Covid. That says a lot about the importance of a mask.

And yet there are still idiots who post insistent nonesense that masks don't work at all. As if all the medical personnel begging people to do so are somehow ignorant.

mudgirl
Share Holder
Share Holder

Irish Gal, ferret, brigitte and RickS like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by RoyD Tue Feb 16, 2021 3:30 pm

Masks work, just some are not as effective as others. I read last week that if you combine the blue surgical with a cloth mask over it, it is pretty protective. Who knows really? There are so many contradictory studies out there who can decide. Whatever the CDC recommends (flawed as they may be), that is what I am sticking with.

RoyD
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by rotwein Fri Feb 19, 2021 6:43 am

Received my 2nd Moderna yesterday morning.

I had a little discomfort in the middle of the night, nothing serious.  Ready to travel about 1 March.

rotwein

ferret and brigitte like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by RickS Fri Feb 19, 2021 6:55 am

...I'd give it a bit more time to be sure.  What's another week or two after your March 1 date.  I personally waited 3 weeks after my second Pfizer shot before I went on the road. And still wearing mask and distancing too... unlike some idiots in Florida.
RickS
RickS
Share Holder
Share Holder

ferret, slainte39, mattoleriver, brigitte and rafterbr like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mudgirl Sat Feb 20, 2021 4:00 pm

Just Skyped with my 90 year old stepmom in England. She received the Phizer vaccine back in Dec and said she had zero reaction to it all. She's waiting for her second dose and said that it's supposedly better (she was a career nurse) for immunity to wait for the second a longer time-it's been 12 weeks for her at this point

mudgirl
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by RoyD Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:47 pm

I am sorry she has had to wait so long. There is probably zero data on this, but waiting too long between doses, will it affect the effectiveness of the vaccine? I would hope that it does not, but I worry like everybody else.

RoyD
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by rafterbr Thu Feb 25, 2021 7:39 pm

My wife got her first vaccine today. The Chickasaw's, my tribe, are now giving shots to tribal member spouses. She received the pfizer and complained it hurt her arm but there was no shot place reaction and after I bought her blueberry pancakes, she felt much better. They are now reporting the first Pfizer shot can be up to 90% effective and many countries may now only give one shot in order to vaccinate more people.

rafterbr
Share Holder
Share Holder

CanuckBob and ferret like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by RoyD Tue Mar 02, 2021 1:47 pm

Some idiots that STILL do not wear masks in Florida AND every other state in the United States. It's not just a Florida thing. There are people out their who will not wear masks or get vaccinations no matter how much information is out there that they should do so.

Florida, open for business, go to the store, eat at a restaurant, schools open since Sept 2020 and infection here is lower than those states that are locked down. What does that tell you?

RoyD
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by RickS Tue Mar 02, 2021 2:47 pm

That tells me I'd like to understand/see the data that backs that statement up.  What states are 'locked down' these days anyway?

...and not related to these comments I see that the Gov of S. Dakota in a speech at the recent Republican Conservative meeting that 'she got it right there by not mandating mask nor closing businesses'. The data doesn't support that of course as S. Dakota ranked right behind N. Dakota as the worse state. So data is important, not statements.

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/north-dakota-south-dakota-set-global-covid-records-how-did-n1257004
RickS
RickS
Share Holder
Share Holder

slainte39, kiko, Heem and mudgirl like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by rafterbr Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:26 pm

In Oklahoma the Chickasaws are now giving vaccine to every tribal member, every employee of the tribe (they are 3rd largest employer in Oklahoma), and every educator. Also every family member of the above whether they live at home or not. Only restriction is they must be of legal age, 16 and 18 respectfully.

rafterbr
Share Holder
Share Holder

Plan B likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2