INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trailrunner

+12
brigitte
Zedinmexico
Lady Otter Latté
slainte39
RickS
Bubba2shoes
ComputerGuy
ferret
Trailrunner
CanuckBob
kiko
Heem
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Trailrunner - Page 2 Empty Re: Trailrunner

Post by Lady Otter Latté Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:15 pm

Trailrunner wrote:I'm sorry, Slainte, that you think I am tooting my own horn. Oh well, past time to move on.

Have sweet lives y'all and don't get the virus!

Same to you Trailrunner. Please give a few minutes to consider how you insulted every member of this board because they did not respond to your post in the way you deemed proper. You declared us all selfish, uninterested in sharing or caring because we don’t ask about or contribute to your favorite local cause. When you, understandably, got some pushback on that, your feelings got hurt and you declare you are moving on. You see no irony in this? You insult us all but when some say something in response you stomp out in a huff. scratch

Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Carry Bean, ferret, brigitte and kamcd like this post

gringal dislikes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sat Aug 01, 2020 3:37 pm

Peace out everyone. It's all good. Tension's are high now a days. I hope to see TR back again.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

gringal, little italy and gatosigi like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:53 am

For folks in SAT we have food handouts monday and wednesday. Interested PM me. I wish nothing but happiness for all during this emotional crisis.

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Lady Otter Latté likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:54 pm

t is a rough time for many and stressful for all and getting worth no matter what we think or do. A month ago when I offered help in Chiapas I was told that the women wanted thread to keep on working as they had no money to buy thread to do fabric,Then some asked for soap and then dispensas of necessites, this week I was ask f they could buy corn .. which means that the corn is running out and the harvest wll not be  for another month for the fresh corn and another 4 months for the dry corn() that last a year and is used for tortilla , atole, animals annd just about everything), they are not called the children of corn for nothiing.. The price of beans has double and for those who do not grow it,  have no money to buy it.. A bag of corn will feed 2 people for a month and cost 300 pesos, bag of beans is 1200 pesos.. Already some people are surviving on dry corn alone or just about...

Trairunner did not mean to offend people who are helping a cause or another, she is stressed and frustrated like all the people who are close to comunities that are poor and need help..It s extremely stressful to see people who were working and producing people going down and down for not fault of theirs . There is no light at the end of the tunnel.. Seeing how selfish some people can be, is very disheartening. Poverty is tough to stomach and the indifference of some make it worse but life goes on...

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

little italy, RickS and Heem like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:17 pm

“Seeing how selfish some people can be, is very disheartening. Poverty is tough to stomach and the indifference of some make it worse but life goes on...”

I don’t think anyone here will disagree with you. However, offering a blanket condemnation of all board members is not the way to deal with that frustration.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

kamcd likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Heem Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:34 pm

I do not feel TrailRunner made a blanket condemnation. I am sorry I started this post. The reason I did was out of concern for TR. I have received a lot of good from her posts over the years. I do hope that she knows she has inspired me to do more. If you read this, Thanks TR. You've made me a better resident of Mexico.

Heem
Share Holder
Share Holder

little italy and kiko like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:56 pm

Trailrunner was superfrustrated, t happens to everyone especially now.. One cannot get over excited about a couple of posts..

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

ferret likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Tue Aug 04, 2020 6:35 am

brigitte wrote:Trailrunner was superfrustrated, t happens to everyone especially now.. One cannot get over excited about a couple of posts..

You mean like saying everyone is selfish and uncaring and quitting a web board? Yeah. I consider that getting over excited. It is good for TR to take some time out from the people and situations that are causing her so much frustration.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

little italy dislikes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:18 am

Maybe the isolation caused by the pandemic is causing a little nuttiness in most people. Can't say I blame them. I'm lucky, in that my prison has a compatible cell mate.

What I'm noticing on TOB is an amazing increase in hostile posts by both newbies and old timers. What's going on in the U.S. re the protests and the reactions is getting extreme.

What to do about it? Who knows? Our "leaders" seem lost.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

little italy likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:39 am

gringal wrote:Maybe the isolation caused by the pandemic is causing a little nuttiness in most people. Can't say I blame them.  I'm lucky, in that my prison has a compatible cell mate.

What I'm noticing on TOB is an amazing increase in hostile posts by both newbies and old timers.  What's going on in the U.S. re the protests and the reactions is getting extreme.

What to do about it?  Who knows? Our "leaders" seem lost.

I think that is what is at the core of it, Gringal. People are frustrated and afraid. They have no confidence in the so-called leaders because how can they trust people who seem just as lost as the rest of us? They tell us everything is fine when clearly it is not. And no one knows how long this will go on, how many will suffer and die (many it now appears to be needlessly).
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:12 am

gringal wrote:
What I'm noticing on TOB is an amazing increase in hostile posts by both newbies and old timers.  What's going on in the U.S. re the protests and the reactions is getting extreme.
What to do about it?  Who knows? Our "leaders" seem lost.

The main thing that I used to harp on over on TOB was the constant judgments, the patronizing, the know-it-all-ism. I have to presume these people wonder how we made it to adulthood without killing ourselves through stupidity.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:34 am

Yes there is an increase of stresss everywhere in the world..Everyone has a different reaction to it and handles it differently but major stress, there is.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

little italy likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Tue Aug 04, 2020 6:36 pm

Trailrunner - Page 2 Corona10
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

WillieRae and kiko like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MexicoPete Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:00 pm

I truly miss Trailrunner and hope she is alright. I am looking forward to reading her interesting posts again, when she comes back.
MexicoPete
MexicoPete
Share Holder
Share Holder

CanuckBob, little italy, Lucky Girl and TomQC like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by kiko Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:31 pm

ferret wrote:Trailrunner - Page 2 Corona10

Are you missing me Ferret? LOL
kiko
kiko
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:58 pm

It was just a general observation of the chaos that the pandemic is creating with people's lives in general. It most certainly wasn't directed at anyone personally.
We're all doing our best to cope each in our own way. But we're also going to have days when nothing works and we lose it.
Let's just try and be as understanding as possible with everyone. This too shall pass.
In the meantime, I'm bashing Trump at every opportunity afforded. He's my official punching bag.
Hang in there everyone!!!
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

CanuckBob, gringal, RVGRINGO, Lady Otter Latté, little italy, Lucky Girl, WillieRae and like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by little italy Wed Aug 05, 2020 2:50 pm

TR, please come back to the board. I just know everyone here helps as much as they can. Money only goes so far and believe me I have went to bed at nights crying and wishing I could help everyone as I am sure you and everyone has had that feeling. Please don't forget that all of us have families and need our help as well. I too am alone and wish I had my soul/cell mate here with me to deal with this situation. Some days I just think I am going crazy. You are a very kind and caring person and I know and believe everyone here has felt the same way. You must know you are very well liked on this board, so hang in there girly girl.

little italy
Share Holder
Share Holder

CanuckBob, ferret, RVGRINGO, Lucky Girl and Heem like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dostortas Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:28 am

Bye Felicia

Dostortas
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down