INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WANTED (ISO) Firestick 4K

5 posters

Go down

WANTED (ISO) Firestick 4K Empty WANTED (ISO) Firestick 4K

Post by Plan B Fri May 01, 2020 1:15 pm

WANTED (ISO) Firestick 4K.

WANTED (ISO) Firestick 4K Maxresdefault
Plan B
Plan B
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

WANTED (ISO) Firestick 4K Empty Re: WANTED (ISO) Firestick 4K

Post by ComputerGuy Wed May 12, 2021 9:38 am

I just had Rich Richie set me up with the 4K. I can see why customers recommend him: like me, he isn't happy unless the customer is happy. I can tell he has invested countless hours in figuring out the most reliable apps for his specialized version. There are so many channels it is going to take me a while to note which ones work best for me. One thing I verified with him is, while any number of subscription channels are available, like Netflix, and BritBox and Acorn, and Paramount, they are not "cracked" or free. And some won't work even with a VPN.

That being said, most of the content from those services are available on other channels anyway. Being Canadian, I want to eventually get rid of Shaw, so I need CBC, CTV, Global and so on, and those are available. So is BBC America (for those who like Graham Norton).

$2,000p for everything including at least an hour's worth of instruction. 33 205 123 98.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by caligirl108 Thu May 13, 2021 6:06 pm

I brought an extra 4K fire stick down for Rich Richie a couple of weeks ago, so check with him. (Maybe Computer Guy got it tho.. ) Anyway, his clients routinely bring them from NOB border, so may not be much of a wait, given all the vaccine trips.  

Yes, I was glad to not have to deal with Shaw anymore.  With Shaw or Sky TV costing a minimum of 7200-12,000 pesos annually, its a no brainer. I have been pleased overall; tons of selection, some buffering (time of day related, I think) as I do not have Fiber Optica or ILox.  I like it that I can take it with me if I travel - just need a smart TV USB port.  I've been able to watch all futbol games of the European Champions & English Premiere League, so staying home weekends has been enjoyable, safe from Tapatio traffic & Walmart mustard bandits. I recommend Rich as well - easy to reach, nice guy.

caligirl108
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Thu May 13, 2021 6:41 pm

Yep, I probably got that one. He had just "come into possession" and it was unboxed, but obviously new. So thanks.

It was not the newest, though, where the microphone button has been replaced by an Alexa button, and there are 4 extra "direct link" buttons for Netflix et al. I don't care about those, but I am curious: the newest 2021 version for sale also boasts twice the processing power, which theoretically means faster loading and playback, along with app switching.

But this one is plenty fast enough. And I do have pretty fast iLox WiFi for actual viewing, apart from interface manipulation. In fact, when something is "buffering", I know it isn't actually buffering... it just isn't going to come in at all.

Of course, these are rigged Fire TV Sticks, and may not be what Plan B wants.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Plan B Thu May 13, 2021 7:20 pm

ComputerGuy wrote:Yep, I probably got that one. He had just "come into possession" and it was unboxed, but obviously new. So thanks.

It was not the newest, though, where the microphone button has been replaced by an Alexa button, and there are 4 extra "direct link" buttons for Netflix et al. I don't care about those, but I am curious: the newest 2021 version for sale also boasts twice the processing power, which theoretically means faster loading and playback, along with app switching.

But this one is plenty fast enough. And I do have pretty fast iLox WiFi for actual viewing, apart from interface manipulation. In fact, when something is "buffering", I know it isn't actually buffering... it just isn't going to come in at all.

Of course, these are rigged Fire TV Sticks, and may not be what Plan B wants.

The new 2021 versions have the same processor as the FS 4K, the 4K performs better since it has more RAM. I can now purchase the FS 4K from Amazon mx with the new remote, same FS4K.
Plan B
Plan B
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Thu May 13, 2021 11:28 pm

Hard to decipher. The ads that I find now for the 2021 say it is 50% faster, whatever that means. This article says the 2020 and 2021 are identical; only the remote is different. I can find nothing about RAM. However, this page says nothing about 4K, either. I've done some serious digging for details but am giving up for now.

https://www.aftvnews.com/difference-between-the-2020-and-2021-amazon-fire-tv-stick-which-should-you-buy/
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Plan B Fri May 14, 2021 11:39 am

ComputerGuy wrote:Hard to decipher. The ads that I find now for the 2021 say it is 50% faster, whatever that means. This article says the 2020 and 2021 are identical; only the remote is different. I can find nothing about RAM. However, this page says nothing about 4K, either. I've done some serious digging for details but am giving up for now.

https://www.aftvnews.com/difference-between-the-2020-and-2021-amazon-fire-tv-stick-which-should-you-buy/

The "new" one has only a new remote. It is the same 4K unit with Memory (RAM) 1.5GB DDR4. The non 4K has only 1.0 GB, and a different OS.
https://developer.amazon.com/docs/fire-tv/device-specifications-fire-tv-stick.html
Plan B
Plan B
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by barbicheesecake Fri May 14, 2021 4:28 pm

Can someone please tell me exactly what Fire TV Stick 4K is? And is the 2,000p a one time fee? Are there monthly fees? TIA Barbara
barbicheesecake
barbicheesecake
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : I shoulda been a comedian

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Fri May 14, 2021 5:42 pm

You will get a much better grasp of what this device is by Googling. The $2,000 we are talking about is for a Fireestick that has been modified with a ton of apps that allow you to get many more channels that the ones Amazon puts on the stick. You can also add many yourself, but it was worth it to me to have someone else do all the research and work. And it is a one-time charge.

A basic Firestick can be had for under $50 US.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by zdogs Sat May 15, 2021 9:09 am

I have one in the box that I'll sell for $500 pesos.

zdogs

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down