INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shootout in Chapala

+7
simpsca
saege007
raqueteer
Parker
ferret
Chapalagringa
Intercasa
11 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Shootout in Chapala - Page 2 Empty Re: Shootout in Chapala

Post by raqueteer Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:35 am

Chapalagringa wrote:anything hit your house? Are you freaked? I've got the jitters and I'm talking/typing fast. lol

A nice brandy and some hot milk with cinnamon might help.

raqueteer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:36 am

@Intercasa, you're much braver than I posting that. I'd rather hide behind my smiley face.

@raq, I'll take mine w/out cinnamon. Will you bring it over?
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : all natural

Back to top Go down

Post by raqueteer Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:41 am

Chapalagringa wrote:@Intercasa, you're much braver than I posting that. I'd rather hide behind my smiley face.

Not a chance, I'm in the west end and about to make one for myself. Maybe nutmeg and honey would be a good alternate.

raqueteer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:49 am

raqueteer wrote:
Chapalagringa wrote:@Intercasa, you're much braver than I posting that. I'd rather hide behind my smiley face.

Not a chance, I'm in the west end and about to make one for myself. Maybe nutmeg and honey would be a good alternate.

I think you're right. I'm going to settle for a apple cinnamon tea w/honey. I said my prayers and will say a few more. It'll be a long night in Chapala. Stay cozy and safe. Rest in peace...not too deeply though.
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:50 am

I'm used to gun shots when I'm the one holding the gun but it was a little freaky, thank goodness for concrete homes. I just sat back and watch half of the fight as my cameras don't show all the street. Street is completely blocked off. 3 dead confirmed by police including one with a police vest who was an impostor and others on the loose as of this writing.
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Barbed wit

Back to top Go down

Post by raqueteer Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:56 am

Oh that's too bad, I had hoped it might have stopped by now.

I don't know about sleep.
brandy, check.
hot milk,check
Pack of cigs, check.

Keep us posted, and stay away from the windows.

raqueteer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:15 am

poor Betsy on the other board says someone's on their roof. Cops running everywhere. Gonna be a really long night.

Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by raqueteer Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:23 am

Chapalagringa wrote:poor Betsy on the other board says someone's on their roof. Cops running everywhere. Gonna be a really long night.

Hope you're out of the line of fire. Poor Betsy.

raqueteer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by saege007 Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:23 am

Chapalagringa wrote:poor Betsy on the other board says someone's on their roof. Cops running everywhere. Gonna be a really long night.

Still a couple dozen cops outside my place (I'm almost next door to intercasa)

I really want to go to sleep, but more than that, I want to find my cat, who took off running somewhere in the house when the first shots started. I hit the floor.
saege007
saege007
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by raqueteer Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:31 am

Betsy says they're moving on, and that the federales and military are there. Hopefully they'll wrap this up soon.

raqueteer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:38 am

saege007 wrote:

I really want to go to sleep, but more than that, I want to find my cat, who took off running somewhere in the house when the first shots started. I hit the floor.

Cat'll come out when he/she is ready...I think that's where the phrase, "scaredy cat" comes from :) Cops will be on your street for hours, counting bullets and there's bodies out there. They have to wait for all the right people to take care of business. What a shame.
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by raqueteer Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:50 am

Apparently there's still somebody on Betsy's roof.

raqueteer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by raqueteer Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:01 am

Good luck Chapala, the hot milk and brandy have done it for me. Stay safe guys.

raqueteer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by saege007 Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:14 am

Chapalagringa wrote:
saege007 wrote:

Cat'll come out when he/she is ready...I think that's where the phrase, "scaredy cat" comes from :) Cops will be on your street for hours, counting bullets and there's bodies out there. They have to wait for all the right people to take care of business. What a shame.

Yep, there are dozens of cops out there. They've also been searching up on the hillside behind the buildings across the street. I'm afraid to turn any lights on, so I'm on my laptop under my comforter. It's rather hot and uncomfortable. Thinking about grabbing my boyfriend's bottle of Red Label from the kitchen. He's not home to drink it, so someone should!
saege007
saege007
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:28 am

Try to get some rest. I've been shakin a few times this year and know what you mean. I turned some of our lights out too, when it first started. I have a feeling the marines are out there, no? They're great! I'm also really impressed with how quickly the news got out there this time!
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by saege007 Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:52 am

Not sure if they are marines. Look more like state police or federales. Whoever they are, I'm glad they are here. Also, got to see my fair share of hot men in uniform. Think my quota for the year has been filled.

Now that they are down to about a dozen men outside, they are a bit quieter and maybe I'll be able to get some sleep.
saege007
saege007
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:42 am

Amazing it rained down there, nothing up in the hills, where we live.

Spencer, what's the deal with the fake cop? Are you sure, sure???

http://impreso.milenio.com/node/9025590

sicarios is a gang??? I haven't heard of this before.

Report says one of our police crashed into the light pole. Also a grenade went off. Did you all hear that? We didn't.

Normally, we're the one's hearing this stuff but it's typically taken place around the bullring/Soriana area and sound travels up, whereas, this time, we heard a few shots and all the reinforcements driving into Chapala from Ixtlahuacan. It's odd because we can hear all the fireworks but they're up higher whereas they were fighting between the mountain and the buildings which shield the sound. What a send off for Sharpie. He said they never hear this stuff. Bet they're glad they're outta here!
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by raqueteer Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:47 am

Chapalagringa wrote:Amazing it rained down there, nothing up in the hills, where we live.

Spencer, what's the deal with the fake cop? Are you sure, sure???

http://impreso.milenio.com/node/9025590

sicarios is a gang??? I haven't heard of this before.

Report says one of our police crashed into the light pole. Also a grenade went off. Did you all hear that? We didn't.

Normally, we're the one's hearing this stuff but it's typically taken place around the bullring/Soriana area and sound travels up, whereas, this time, we heard a few shots and all the reinforcements driving into Chapala from Ixtlahuacan. It's odd because we can hear all the fireworks but they're up higher whereas they were fighting between the mountain and the buildings which shield the sound. What a send off for Sharpie. He said they never hear this stuff. Bet they're glad they're outta here!

Kind of a hapless bunch there. They threw a grenade and injured four of their own gang.

raqueteer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by saege007 Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:50 am

The article is off a bit. From what I could see and hear (seeing after the fact, hearing during) the second vehicle took off, but the first vehicle had already been disabled and two people shot, because that took place outside my place and spencers place (we live next door with one house inbetween). I am right on the corner of Aquiles Serdán and Hidalgo. I never heard any sirens, only one right before the shooting started. I am going to believe it wasn't a real cop, because I haven't seen any mention of a cop shot, even though the person was wearing a cop uniform. Also, the cops standing around him later were laughing and joking and poking at him. I can't believe they would do that to their own in a situation like this.
From what I could tell, peeking out my window, they found one guy up in the hills across the street. When they were searching over there, and were on the top of the building across the street, it really freaked me out because they were shining lights into my place. My curtains had been open during the whole shootout, so I never closed them, didn't want to draw attention to them that someone was home.

There are large bullet holes on the outside of my balcony and my upstairs neighbor's balcony. I'm very thankful that somehow they missed the space in between containing my windows.
saege007
saege007
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:23 am

Cop was fake, got out of truck with AR-15 rifle and before he could fire was hit by cops, had on a police vest and police at scene confirmed he wasn't a cop, his buddy got back in truck, wounded and drove to the corner and crashed, there were 2 trucks.
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Barbed wit

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:32 am

Makes sense...

I'm so glad our cops called in reinforcements but don't you think it was overkill??? Better overkill than denying anything happened.

I may drive by and see the bullet holes. Will be dressed in swim wear y sin peñarme, lol. I´d like to meet 007 and the cat. But it´ll be after 12 p.m. let me know if either of you will be there.
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by saege007 Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:46 am

I may or may not be awake. I didn't sleep last night, pretty much at all. I have a few things to do and then I'm taking a much needed nap. Spencer knows how to get hold of me, have him call my home phone if you are around.
saege007
saege007
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:17 am

Chapalagringa wrote:Makes sense...

I'm so glad our cops called in reinforcements but don't you think it was overkill??? Better overkill than denying anything happened.

I may drive by and see the bullet holes. Will be dressed in swim wear y sin peñarme, lol. I´d like to meet 007 and the cat. But it´ll be after 12 p.m. let me know if either of you will be there.

007 is also my hair dresser, so if you need a haircut you can get one while viewing the aftermath.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Solovino Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:54 am

Chapalagringa wrote: sin peñarme, lol.

It is penarme. With an n not an ñ.

Solovino
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:38 pm

Solovino wrote:
Chapalagringa wrote: sin peñarme, lol.

It is penarme. With an n not an ñ.

Well it was w/out shame but i guess i better go back after penarme because i was so bad Spencer ignorned me. Lol hahaha. Naa, w/a client and i had a nice talk w/another mrs and came home.
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:40 pm

saege007 wrote:I may or may not be awake. I didn't sleep last night, pretty much at all. I have a few things to do and then I'm taking a much needed nap. Spencer knows how to get hold of me, have him call my home phone if you are around.

I'll try later, just came by after swimming. Don't want to embarrass anyone again cause i looked so bad. Very Happy
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next