INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Last Weeks Bad Guys Convicted/Chapala Shootout follow up

+2
Solovino
Chapalagringa
6 posters

Go down

Last Weeks Bad Guys Convicted/Chapala Shootout follow up  Empty Last Weeks Bad Guys Convicted/Chapala Shootout follow up

Post by Chapalagringa Mon Sep 19, 2011 6:32 pm

http://movil.informador.com.mx/jalisco/2011/323461/6/consignan-a-sicarios-por-delitos-federales.htm#home
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : all natural

Back to top Go down

Last Weeks Bad Guys Convicted/Chapala Shootout follow up  Empty Re: Last Weeks Bad Guys Convicted/Chapala Shootout follow up

Post by Solovino Mon Sep 19, 2011 6:43 pm

Chapalagringa wrote:http://movil.informador.com.mx/jalisco/2011/323461/6/consignan-a-sicarios-por-delitos-federales.htm#home

They have not been convicted but ordered held pending trial.

Solovino
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Last Weeks Bad Guys Convicted/Chapala Shootout follow up  Empty Re: Last Weeks Bad Guys Convicted/Chapala Shootout follow up

Post by Chapalagringa Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:47 pm

thanks, learned a new word today! Consignar means to brief, not convict. I thought, wow, that's fast! *sheepish grin*
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:02 pm

I say it is more akin to a preliminary indictment or handing over.
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Barbed wit

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:09 pm

They are probably enjoying the pool tables, big screen TV's, the bar and the table dancers at Puente Grande!

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:13 pm

The girl said she's married to the old guy. I read they found her with a grenade. What a tradedy life.
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Solovino Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:09 pm

I believe the term is "remanded to custody" but I am not a certified legal translator.

Solovino
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:18 pm

Solovino:

While I have read way too many articles about these "bad guys" being remanded to custody by a judge (?) or a prosecutor (?), I have never read a clear definition of exactly how the system operates. From what I have understood up to now, it seems that these criminals get remanded to what would be called a prison NOB rather than a jail like NOB? Perhaps you or someone else might provide info on this aspect of the legal system?

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:47 pm

only ones with a clear picture of how this system works... are in the system... and have a pet cockroach ... be happy you don't know...
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Solovino Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:43 pm

CG, I figured we should defer to the anticpated response from the board's licenciado but that apparently isn't happening.

These guys were remanded to Puente Grande because they were charged with federal offenses and the PG is a federal prison. That is also where the criminal courts that try these cases are located. It is also supposedly a maximum security prison.

There are also state prisons and municipal mails. Some cases are tried at these facilities.

Solovino
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:11 pm

Thanks Solvino! Your answer does clear up some of the questions I had.

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:24 pm

Can someone tell me what (auto formal de prision)means exactly?

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:24 pm

Auto means court resolution or order

An auto formal de prision is an order for the commitment of the defendant, a court order directing a defendant in a criminal action to be held in custody pending trial where essentially they go from merely being a detainee within which the prosecution has a limited time to bring charges and get an order as such for them to be remanded to custody and if not then they must be released.

Mexican law has some funny words.

AUTO, not car but order of the court.
SALA, not living room but the courtroom, usually of the appellate court to name 2 examples.
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Barbed wit

Back to top Go down

Post by Solovino Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:18 pm

Auto formal de prisíon is the judge's ruling after an evidentiary hearing is concluded and sufficient evidence is presented in order for the accused to be formally charged. This is when they may be remanded to custody (consignado as was previously discussed) or released on bail. The accused and their case is at that time assigned to a certain criminal court.

If the prosecutor fails to provide sufficient proof the judge will issue an auto de libertad which is the court order for the release of the accused.

Although the term auto has become synonymous with an automobile it also has other meanings and in judicial matters act is the proper translation.

Sala translates as room and is used in the description of many different types of rooms. Antesala, sala de espera, sala de conferencias etc.

Solovino
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:56 pm

Thanks for both your replies,watching the a.m. news here in GDL you hear it a lot I had a good idea of what it meant but the leagalese wording can throw you.You could almost translate it as(I'm sending myself to prison formally)if you were a clueless gringo.
Chris

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down