INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shootout in Joco Last Night?

+6
slainte39
lucky
WillieRae
brigitte
suegarn
manymoonsago
10 posters

Go down

Shootout in Joco Last Night? Empty Shootout in Joco Last Night?

Post by manymoonsago Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:21 am

Our staff reported a massive gun battle went down in north Jocotepec last night -- in a barrio known to be a hotbed of drug dealing. They do not know the outcome and so far nothing is showing up on El Informador. Does anyone have any more information? Things sure seem to be heating up again - a business woman's kidnapping, Spencer's post about forged deeds, and now the shootout complete with police helicopters circling the town.
manymoonsago
manymoonsago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Ironic; Over the Edge

Back to top Go down

Shootout in Joco Last Night? Empty Re: Shootout in Joco Last Night?

Post by suegarn Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:07 pm

manymoonsago wrote:Our staff reported a massive gun battle went down in north Jocotepec last night -- in a barrio known to be a hotbed of drug dealing.  They do not know the outcome and so far nothing is showing up on El Informador.  Does anyone have any more information?   Things sure seem to be heating up again - a business woman's kidnapping, Spencer's post about forged deeds, and now the shootout complete with police helicopters circling the town.  

I heard a lot of sirens going past my house in West Ajijic last night. I thought that it might have been several car accidents, or injuries from fiesta partying. Never thought of something like this!

suegarn
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:12 pm

history tends to repeat itself...

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by WillieRae Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:20 pm

Our Spanish teacher showed us an article about this but I didn't write down the link but it said the authorities found a lot of clandestine gasoline and cement. I think the original dispute started over something to do with a horse/horses.

WillieRae
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by lucky Tue Nov 29, 2016 2:40 pm

http://semanariolaguna.com/22744/

lucky
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Tue Nov 29, 2016 6:10 pm

Hard to tell, but it sounds like they were using this guys ranch to hide stolen goods in the form of maybe gasoline or some fuel and cement.  He obviously didn't approve and the "encuentro" began.  One person got shot in the neck and there were several arrests.
I doubt this has anything to do with forged deeds and not quite a duel between El Mencho and El Chapo (CJNG vs Sinaloa).

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosa Venus Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:12 pm

slainte39 wrote:Hard to tell, but it sounds like they were using this guys ranch to hide stolen goods in the form of maybe gasoline or some fuel and cement.  He obviously didn't approve and the "encuentro" began.

That's exactly the scenario we discussed with my Spanish teacher today, who saw various vehicles heading in that direction from as far away as Ixtlhauacan and the airport when he was returning to Guadalajara yesterday afternoon.
Rosa Venus
Rosa Venus
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : The funny kind

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:00 pm

Rosa Venus wrote:
slainte39 wrote:Hard to tell, but it sounds like they were using this guys ranch to hide stolen goods in the form of maybe gasoline or some fuel and cement.  He obviously didn't approve and the "encuentro" began.

That's exactly the scenario we discussed with my Spanish teacher today, who saw various vehicles heading in that direction from as far away as Ixtlhauacan and the airport when he was returning to Guadalajara yesterday afternoon.

Ixtlahuacan? Airport?.....Everybody loves a good gunfight....it does draw crowds.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by solajijic Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:32 pm

where is the post regarding forged deeds? Thanks

solajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : "I a, a practical woman. Sentiment only takes one so far. At some point, practicality must enter the room."

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:38 pm

http://www.insidelakeside.com/t17605-bolo-jocotepecers

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:50 pm

slainte39 wrote:
Rosa Venus wrote:

Ixtlahuacan? Airport?.....Everybody loves a good gunfight....it does draw crowds.

I just read what backs up what you said.....the police "quienes desplegaron un fuerte operativo"
I guess so.....it's a wonder they took any prisoners.  Helicopters, but no tanks or artillery.
Those check forgers had  better leave town.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by RichD Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:02 am

brigitte wrote:history tends to repeat itself...

Shootout in Joco Last Night? Georgesantayana101521
RichD
RichD
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosa Venus Wed Nov 30, 2016 1:26 pm

slainte39 wrote:
Rosa Venus wrote:

Sorry, I wasn't clear. I should have written "various law enforcement vehicles". Whoops.
Rosa Venus
Rosa Venus
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : The funny kind

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Wed Nov 30, 2016 5:56 pm

Rosa Venus wrote:
slainte39 wrote:
Rosa Venus wrote:

Sorry, I wasn't clear. I should have written "various law enforcement vehicles". Whoops.

I knew what you meant, but couldn't resist......it's just......yo soy....Twisted Evil
I was going to ask if the people who flew into the airport to witness the spectacle, got delayed by the construction at the airport, but that would have been double Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down