INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Looking for a ceiling fan w/lights.

4 posters

Go down

Looking for  a ceiling fan w/lights. Empty Looking for a ceiling fan w/lights.

Post by Problem Child Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:42 pm

Prefer Chapala but I'll take Ajijic.

Directions appreciated, w/landmarks.

Thanks

Problem Child
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Looking for  a ceiling fan w/lights. Empty Re: Looking for a ceiling fan w/lights.

Post by SunshineyDay Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:45 pm

Riberas?

SunshineyDay
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Looking for  a ceiling fan w/lights. Empty Re: Looking for a ceiling fan w/lights.

Post by Problem Child Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:49 pm

SunshineyDay wrote:Riberas?

Showing my ignorance after 15 years here.

Where is Riberas? Is that Riberas Pielar?

Thanks.

Problem Child
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:50 pm

Walmart and the lighting store next to the Sunrise Café in San Antonio and the furniture store just east of the Container Restaurant. The last two are more expensive but the quality is worth it.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Problem Child Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:16 pm

ferret wrote:Walmart and the lighting store next to the Sunrise Café in San Antonio and the furniture store just east of the Container Restaurant. The last two are more expensive but the quality is worth it.

Thanks, Appreciated.

I saw fans at WM, but not ceiling ones. And I don't know the "Container Restaurant," but I'm sure I can find it or something either WM or next to sunrise.

Problem Child
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:23 pm

The ceiling fans in Walmart are not with the floor fans. The are in the Hardware Section on an end display facing towards the cleaning supplies on the other side of the big centre aisle. About half the price.
The fans in the other two places are about twice as much but all you have to do is look up to the ceiling and point to the one(s) you want and they will get them from the bodega. Hunter Douglas make usually. They are very quiet and long lasting and most come with remote control. Both of these places have the same owner and can arrange installation. Good installation is very important!

ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Problem Child Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:32 pm

ferret wrote:The ceiling fans in Walmart are not with the floor fans. The are in the Hardware Section on an end display facing towards the cleaning supplies on the other side of the big centre aisle. About half the price.
The fans in the other two places are about twice as much but all you have to do is look up to the ceiling and point to the one(s) you want and they will get them from the bodega. Hunter Douglas make usually. They are very quiet and long lasting and most come with remote control. Both of these places have the same owner and can arrange installation. Good installation is very important!

Again, thanks.

Here is the story about my VERY expensive fan that died. Took the motor to a guy who said he would get a new one for me, motor only. Total, about $1,500 with installation. I said OK, but then he made two appointments to show up and never did. Two days and no word from him. My guess, he has my fan so he thinks I'm locked into him and he is taking paying jobs now and I'm at the bottom of the list. Nope, I'll get another one and he can keep the one he has, without blades that I have here.

Problem Child
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:48 pm

Your very expensive fan probably just needed a new capacitor which costs about 100 pesos. You've been had. On the other hand, if you don't keep them clean and free of dust, you're asking for trouble.
Good fans that are properly installed and well maintained last for a VERY long time even when used constantly.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Problem Child Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:01 pm

ferret wrote:Your very expensive fan probably just needed a new capacitor which costs about 100 pesos. You've been had. On the other hand, if you don't keep them clean and free of dust, you're asking for trouble.
Good fans that are properly installed and well maintained last for a VERY long time even when used constantly.

You're probably right, (Gringo Tax) but I didn't keep it clean. Alleged tech guy said the motor burned out. Considering all the power outages we have had over the last many years, it could be true. Years ago I had a power surge in Vista del Lago and sever items were fried.

Problem Child
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomgates Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:20 am

Amazon Mexico. Look for Hunter fans. Also, Ventaladors stores in Guadalajara and Puerta Vallarta.

Tomgates

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down