INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Health care system like Canada's within two years...

+10
addtocart
shana
gringal
ltollefs
CanuckBob
Trailrunner
doc holiday
brigitte
CHILLIN
suegarn
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Health care system like Canada's within two years... - Page 2 Empty Re: Health care system like Canada's within two years...

Post by brigitte Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:25 pm

gingal as far as the coast land, besides being a national security issue  most of the land is communal or ejidal and non indigenous or comuneros are not giving equal treatment either even if they are Mexicans..  Same in Hawaii in some parts of the islands,,

Becoming a citizen is not easy anywhere and sometimes impossible. I do not thing Mexico is bad in the way their treat permanent residents..and it is not very difficult to become one .Try to get a green card if you are Mexican..

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Health care system like Canada's within two years... - Page 2 Empty Re: Health care system like Canada's within two years...

Post by gringal Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:55 pm

I'm content with being a Permanente. No problem.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by RVGRINGO Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:22 am

There may be a 'catch 22' problem: An US citizen may cruise his vessel into Mexican waters, and keep his boat there without any difficulty. But, what happens when if that same person becomes Residente Permanente? Or, can a Residente Permanente US citizen decide to buy a yacht in the USA and use it as his home in Mexico? I don't know the answer. Are yachts treated differently than 'vehicles'?

RVGRINGO
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:31 am

A good question RV gringo.. I suspect that originally the law was written before there were that many pleasure boats and it was intended for ships.rather than pleasure boats and they never bothered to change the law..

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by RVGRINGO Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:36 am

That is also my suspicion. As an old sailor, and residente permanente, I have often wondered about that situation, but have had no need, at my age, to pursue the matter.

RVGRINGO
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:41 am

In in travels in MX I've seen plenty of yachts and boats anchored out but they never stayed very long. I have never seen or heard of a live-aboard tho. Do people in Marinas live on their boats?
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:48 am

Some do. That was certainly the case at the Marina Vallarta. Water Mansions. Some are bigger than my house.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:56 am

In Marina Vallarta there are vary large yachts bearing registry from all over the world but primarily the US and Canada. There are a couple well over 100' feet in length. Some of them have been there for many years.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2