INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TOOOOO FUNNY FOR WORDS

+10
espíritu del lago
Hensley
CanuckBob
hound dog
bobnliz
M&M
hockables
kipissippi
Parker
Jim W
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

TOOOOO   FUNNY FOR WORDS Empty TOOOOO FUNNY FOR WORDS

Post by Jim W Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:33 pm

mariachi My wife took my 86 year old Mother to Jocotopec today....parked and walked thru the square etc., after a couple hours Mother was tired, and my wife forgot where she parked....LOL.....My wife found a shady place with a bench, and went off in search of our Ford Escape, since we have keyless entry, she left keys under seat, so couldn't use alarm function. My wife hired a taxi, and they spent nearly an hour, searching, and no luck. Meanwhile my Mother got the attention of the local Policia, and tried to communicate....Nada...and she was in tears...as she was lost.

My wife showed up, as Mother was speaking to Policia. Jocotopec policia loaded my Mother and Wife into front seat of their pickup, and off they drove in search of our vehicle. After approx., one hour they found it!! Then, they had to complete paperwork/reports of incident!

The Police in JOCO were great.....and when told the story, I LMAO....too funny...a great ending! Beer Beer Beer
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

TOOOOO   FUNNY FOR WORDS Empty Re: TOOOOO FUNNY FOR WORDS

Post by Parker Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:44 pm

Funny story, good ending and once again, getting old is not for “wussies”.

Parker
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : WDWA none

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:48 pm

Parker wrote:Funny story, good ending and once again, getting old is not for “wussies”.

Parker to often people put down the Police here.....When given the opportunity, they can be quite helpful, and not to be feared. I am happy to share a funny....and get off of the negative. Very Happy flag waver
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by kipissippi Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:51 pm

I'm just glad she's well enough to spend the day on the square! That's wonderful!
kipissippi
kipissippi
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : goofy

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:03 pm

kipissippi wrote:I'm just glad she's well enough to spend the day on the square! That's wonderful!

My wife finally came clean....The Joco....Police hit her up for 700 pesos for help.....still a happy ending Beer Beer
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:08 pm

no entiendo Shocked
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by M&M Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:08 pm

[quote="Jim W"][quote="Parker"]Funny story, good ending and once again, getting old is not for “wussies”.[/quote]

Parker to often people put down the Police here.....When given the opportunity, they can be quite helpful, and not to be feared. I am happy to share a funny....and get off of the negative. Very Happy flag waver [/quote]

Nice some of them are crooked and some are part of the Resistencia, nice town!

M&M

Back to top Go down

Post by bobnliz Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:55 pm

Actually, very nice town. I thoroughly enjoyed living there. Do you live there, by any chance, M&M? Lizzy
bobnliz
bobnliz
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : wry ans dry

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:58 pm

bobnliz wrote:Actually, very nice town. I thoroughly enjoyed living there. Do you live there, by any chance, M&M? Lizzy
My wife told me was not all good....she had to pay..........700 pesos for help Blackeye
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by M&M Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:09 pm

[i][quote="M&M"][quote="Jim W"][quote="Parker"]Funny story, good ending and once again, getting old is not for “wussies”.[/quote]

Parker to often people put down the Police here.....When given the opportunity, they can be quite helpful, and not to be feared. I am happy to share a funny....and get off of the negative. Very Happy flag waver [/quote][/i]

So, as Jim W, admitted in a later post, those "nice" Jocotepec cops demanded $700 Pesos in compensation for assisting Jim W.´s wife in finding her car and he finds it amusing that his wife was so callously ripped off and acceded to their demands. I presume she received a receipt from the municipality of Jocotepec for $700 Pesos for police services rendered or that payment constitutes a bribe. Add to this the news reported elsewhere of the arrest of some other Jocotepec cops for personal involvement with the organized crime offshoot, The Resistencia.

Nice, some of them (Jocotepec cops) are crooked and some are part of the Resistencia, nice town![/quote][/i]

M&M

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:30 pm

M & M has N Aggenda
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:27 pm

[quote="Jim W"][quote="...to (sic) often people put down the Police here.....When given the opportunity, they can be quite helpful, and not to be feared. I am happy to share a funny....and get off of the negative. Very Happy flag waver [/quote]

That is; when given the opportunity to collect a $700 bribe for one hour spent driving around Jocotepec looking for a misplaced automobile. Not to be feared, alright, as long as one is a financially well-off "gringa" inattentive to the value of money relative to time and effort and unconcerned about becoming an easy mark for corrupt cops and thereby making all other foreign residents of the area vulnerable to similar opportunistic scams. I´ll bet a local taxi driver would have given her a ride around town looking for that car for a lot less than $700 Pesos. As long as foreign residents of Lakeside are so flippant about supporting corrupt cops, all Calderon´s horses and all Calderon´s men will never put Jocotepec back together again.
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:11 am

i liked that usage of the age old nursery rhyme... oxford served you well
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:11 am

.......And if the naysayers would take a minute to actually read the entire thread they would take note that the comment praising the cops was made before he found out his wife paid them any money.

CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Hensley Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:13 am

I love the idea of asking for a receipt if they ask you for mordida, brilliant!!
Hensley
Hensley
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by espíritu del lago Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:35 am

hound dog wrote:[quote="Jim W"][quote="...to (sic) often people put down the Police here.....When given the opportunity, they can be quite helpful, and not to be feared. I am happy to share a funny....and get off of the negative. Very Happy flag waver

That is; when given the opportunity to collect a $700 bribe for one hour spent driving around Jocotepec looking for a misplaced automobile. Not to be feared, alright, as long as one is a financially well-off "gringa" inattentive to the value of money relative to time and effort and unconcerned about becoming an easy mark for corrupt cops and thereby making all other foreign residents of the area vulnerable to similar opportunistic scams. I´ll bet a local taxi driver would have given her a ride around town looking for that car for a lot less than $700 Pesos. As long as foreign residents of Lakeside are so flippant about supporting corrupt cops, all Calderon´s horses and all Calderon´s men will never put Jocotepec back together again. [/quote]

That's another ain't that the truth moment....
espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic

Back to top Go down

Post by M&M Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:49 am

[quote="CanuckBob"].......And if the naysayers would take a minute to actually read the entire thread they would take note that the comment praising the cops was made before he found out his wife paid them any money.

[/quote]

If you read my posts you would know I hit the wrong post button but my post was made after JimW told us about the extorsion demand from the cops.

M&M

Back to top Go down

Post by bobnliz Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:59 am

As long as there are so many folks in Mexico that for whatever reason do not speak even rudimentary Spanish, there will be unscrupulous people who will take advantage of them.
What can you expect? After all... it's human nature. Lizzy

PS. nothing like a good education. People in Europe and Latin America learn languages in school. Think of how many Mexicans speak English, and I notice many are learning French....
In the US language studies are a joke.

bobnliz
bobnliz
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : wry ans dry

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:03 am

CanuckBob wrote:.......And if the naysayers would take a minute to actually read the entire thread they would take note that the comment praising the cops was made before he found out his wife paid them any money.

I guess once Jim W. found out his wife had been a victim of extortion by Jocotepec´s "finest" in the course of performing their expected civic duties in aiding an elderly foreigner and her mother-in-law, this incident was no longer "Tooooo funny for words." I will say one thing for Jim W.; he duly warned other participants in this forum of the need to be cautious in dealing with the Jocotepec cops lest they find their wallets considerably lighter after assessment of the "gringo tax" for services rendered foreigners. Can you imagine their trying to charge local Jocotepec Mexican citizens $700 Pesos for similar aid rendered? In their dreams.
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by locogringo Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:40 pm

Consider this while you are bashing us ugly Americans for not learning a lot of other languages in school. In Europe no matter where you live, it is very few miles (kms) to a country or region that speaks another language. Where I went to school in the USA it was more than 2000 miles to the nearest place that spoke a "foreign" language. Not much incentive eh?
locogringo
locogringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by martygraw Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:46 pm

No, not much incentive at all, unless of course you wanted to travel, and or, live in a country that does not have English as it's first language.
martygraw
martygraw
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by M&M Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:33 pm

Well we are not in the US so what is the excuse for not studying Spanish every day and speaking it after 3 or 4 years when you live in Mexico?
I know age, tell me I sometimes cannot remember my name. Very Happy

M&M

Back to top Go down

Post by M&M Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:46 pm

On a more serious note, I do not think you can excuse the behaviour of the cops extorting money from JimW´s wife because she does not speak Spanish..

M&M

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:19 am

M&M wrote:On a more serious note, I do not think you can excuse the behaviour of the cops extorting money from JimW´s wife because she does not speak Spanish..

IMHO, no one has suggested otherwise.

Parker
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:39 am

M&M wrote:Well we are not in the US so what is the excuse for not studying Spanish every day and speaking it after 3 or 4 years when you live in Mexico?
I know age, tell me I sometimes cannot remember my name. Very Happy

We have lived all over the world and have normally found there is someone that speaks English. In the rural areas not as much, so I carry a 2/6 inch calculator (with different chips for different languages) that has, in the most part, worked for us. If someone was to ask me what the “Universal” language will be, I would have to say English. English is the financial language. ( follow the money Very Happy )

Parker
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next