INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pancho's Plan

+18
brigitte
solajijic
doc holiday
Lady Otter Latté
MexicoPete
LLiving
slainte39
dcampbell757
rvanparys
suegarn
cypress
RickS
gringal
Carry Bean
lunateak
ferret
CanuckBob
Trailrunner
22 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Pancho's Plan - Page 3 Empty Re: Pancho's Plan

Post by CanuckBob Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:54 pm

Uh...….OK.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by RVGRINGO Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:03 pm

We agree with you, Trailrunner, and continue to miss our decade in Chapala Centro. That said, we have actually just made a move closer to the area.
As many of you know, we relocated to Tucson in late 2014. But, it left a lot to be desired, since Mexico had spoiled us. So, we listed our home, sold it over asking price in one day, and bought another at half the price, but a lot newer, in The Rio Grande Valley of Texas; just 10 miles from the border. The ambiance is more 'Mexican' and we can get all the familiar Mexican products, with the bonus of Willie's BBQ !!!  We were 'Winter Texans' here 20 years ago, and now we are in our new home in a 55+ Country Club setting in Alamo. Yes, we have AC and so does the clubhouse; along with the pool and hot tub, etc. But, no, we don't play golf. Shuffleboard will have to do.
My COPD, eyes, and my skin, seem to like this lower elevation, and humidity, better than the desert; but, time will tell.  Now, we have to brush up our Spanish, as it serves well here, just as in Jalisco.

RVGRINGO
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:17 pm

You need to come back for a visit RV. A lot has changed in the past few years.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:56 pm

RV, congratulations on your move. It sounds like a great place for you to be. Wishing you both much happiness.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:07 pm

Really, RVG! I'm so happy for you guys. You now have the best of both worlds. Would love if you could write a little about life in south Texas as you unfold it. All the best!

Be some GOOD food down in south Texas! None of it healthy.

Last edited by Trailrunner on Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:15 pm

CanuckBob wrote:You need to come back for a visit RV. A lot has changed in the past few years.

CB, have you seen a lot of changes in Chapala? It seems about the same to me since I got here. More traffic, for sure. What changes do you see?

I like the ambience. Esp the hussle-bussle in the morning around the mercado. Commerce. Joking. Laughing. Friendly people.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:10 am

My original comment was about traffic. The traffic in Chapala (as well as everywhere on the north shore) is way heavier than when RV lived here. I have found Chapala to have had the biggest increase. People talk about the traffic in Ajijic when actually the traffic is really only busy on the caraterra where the traffic is mainly passing through Ajijic. Within the Ajijic village it is not that busy other than maybe Saturday nights & Sundays around the plaza and malecon or between 10am to 3pm around the LCS..

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

Back to top Go down

Post by rvanparys Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:49 am

I live in West Ajijic and find that the trip to Panchos is definitely worth it. He still needs to stock a couple of items on my must-have list... His store is a mass improvement over SL... I know he will be a big success!

rvanparys
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:00 am

Trailrunner, the increase in Chapala traffic is mainly on Hildago and in El Centro. It gets crazy on the weekends with holiday weekends absolutely nuts. Other effects of growth include a tighter and more expensive rental market, more restaurants, markets, and other shopping opportunities. Since I live at the far north end of Chapala I use the liberamento to get out and in. On weekends I go that way even to get to Riberas. On Sunday I did that to visit a friend in Riberas and, of course, the Walmart/Superlake traffic hairball was bad but still better than navigating the length of Madero/Hildago. Coming home I forgot and used Hildago so was treated to the whole holiday weekend traffic mess. It was kinda fun in its festive insanity.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by annied Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:21 pm

Trailrunner wrote:

All of my food and household shopping can now be done east of Super Lake. And enjoyably too! I shop occasionally at SL, I shop regularly at Schmitty's in SA, I shop regularly at Pancho's in Riberas, I shop regularly at Mi Ranchito Cremeria in Chapala, I buy the best produce for the best prices and selection at the bustling tienda 2 doors south of Ranchito Cremeria in Chapala, and I often get over to Lake Abastos in Chapala to see what new things they have added.

I'm curious Trailrunner, what is Lake Abastos in Chapala?
annied
annied

Humor : Easily amused

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:00 pm

Lake Abastos is a new food store on Pepe Guizar. Three brothers, nice guys, are creating a specialty bulk foods kind of place.

Check it out. They have a FB presence as well.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Ocelot Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:19 pm

Love Lake Abastos. Slowly but surely they are adding to their stock and had a small organic vegetable section the last time I was in. Also have Rony's chocolate which is too big of a temptation for me being so close to my house.
Ocelot
Ocelot

Back to top Go down

Post by Martha Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:10 pm

I was there this afternoon and there were lots of shoppers. I was third in line at the checkout. I am thrilled that there is a great new shop in Riberas, we needed it. Good for Pancho.

Martha

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3