INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

T-Mobile One Plan

+3
RickS
rckrckr
kiko
7 posters

Go down

T-Mobile One Plan Empty T-Mobile One Plan

Post by kiko Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:13 am

Does anyone here have first hand experience with this plan that offers unlimited data in Mexico, US, and Canada? Most plans limit your data usage when in Mexico, but it is my understanding that this plan at 70USD/month has unlimited data across both the US and Mexico.
kiko
kiko
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

T-Mobile One Plan Empty Re: T-Mobile One Plan

Post by rckrckr Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:14 am

I've had a TMobile Simply Prepaid plan for about one year and have had no problems using it in Mexico or the US.
The plan with unlimited data, calling, messaging in No. America is $75US/month.
There are other plans with unlimited calling and messaging that start at $45US/month + $5 for Mexico & Canada, depending on data level chosen:
TMobile plans

rckrckr
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by kiko Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:51 am

Thanks. My son works from home so he needs the unlimited data optin at 75, so that is what we are looking for and it seems no one else is offering this yet in Mexico.
kiko
kiko
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by RickS Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:42 pm

"Coverage" and "bars" are important words to remember.... especially with T-Mobile (US anyway; haven't tried it in Mexico).

RickS
RickS
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jreboll Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:59 pm

T-Mobile uses TelCel coverage. Right now I'm getting 3 bars here in Jiquilpan. I pay 150 dlls for five lines, 4 gigs of data per line. I have to pay extra for more. Unlimited texting and calls just like NOB

Jreboll
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Bajabrady Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:20 pm

Verizon also has an unlimited data plan which includes Mexico. But when you read closer you'll see they will cancel you plan if the data being used is in Mexico for two months. I don't know about t Mobil. They've always been Mexico data friendly.
I still use Verizon it just does well. It grabs the telcel signal and I get great 4G LTE and considers any call I make stateside as a local call. I have a Mexican 1 gig data/call plan that was attached to my plan years ago. No end in sight. No clue how that got attached but I'm not big on questioning things that to work in my favor

Bajabrady
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Keep it Clean :)

Back to top Go down

Post by windrider17 Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:37 am

I have the TMobil plan for North America, purchased in Austin. I have to use it over 50% in the US or roaming charges kick in. I have been told to get a second line that someone will use in the US all of the time and that will make the balance work for me. When I signed up I was very clear that I live here and that 90% of the usage would be in MX. They said no problem. Not true from what I now understand,

windrider17
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Warped

Back to top Go down

Post by Bajabrady Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:57 am

Results in more than 50% of your voice and/or data usage being off-net (i.e., connected to another provider’s network) for any 3 billing cycles within any 12 month period;

https://www.t-mobile.com/Templates/Popup.aspx?PAsset=Ftr_Ftr_TermsAndConditions&print=true#EPPUSYD

This might help. I pulled out a bullet from the boilerplate. The link is the entire agreement

Last edited by Bajabrady on Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:00 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : This is the bullet that stood out)

Bajabrady
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Keep it Clean :)

Back to top Go down

Post by MusicDocB Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:17 am

The T-mobile plans work very well here until they don't. You will find many discussions about this on the Facebook forums. If your percentage of usage in Mexico becomes greater than your usage in the States, they will cancel your service. I had the plan and it was fine until I lived here full-time for about 3 months. I then got a message that my service would be discontinued because of excessive usage in Mexico.

MusicDocB

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down