INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ilox fibre optics @Lakeside is a go

+15
CanuckBob
ferret
slainte39
suegarn
artsnob
cscompton
MexicoPete
DaveP
Hensley
Canada_Mike
beener
SunFan
solajijic
lunateak
caligirl108
19 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Ilox fibre optics @Lakeside is a go Empty Ilox fibre optics @Lakeside is a go

Post by caligirl108 Sat Jun 23, 2018 3:24 pm

they sent an email saying they got their numbers.. if u sign up by end of July, u get priority installation... A win for Lakeside long-term connectedness... so much for Tel-Mex monopoly.. Watching the World Cup on internet FuboTV has been so great.. with 50mg streaming is for reals.. Very Happy

caligirl108
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Ilox fibre optics @Lakeside is a go Empty Re: Ilox fibre optics @Lakeside is a go

Post by lunateak Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:43 pm

I can dream. Some day Chapala.
lunateak
lunateak
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Ilox fibre optics @Lakeside is a go Empty Re: Ilox fibre optics @Lakeside is a go

Post by solajijic Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:31 pm

Apparently Chapala is in play now.

From Facebook page - about Ilox: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10204378105408069&set=gm.1862697043791564&type=3&theater

solajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : "I a, a practical woman. Sentiment only takes one so far. At some point, practicality must enter the room."

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:38 am

I know they are offering service to the prepaid clients first although it wouldn't surprise me if they start door knocking while they are stringing the lines through Ajijic and Chapala centros. It only makes sense to install as many as you can while your installation guy's are in the area.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by SunFan Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:43 am

Congratulations and my sincere thanks to Tom Kessler and friends who were the driving force behind this effort.

This is a major infrastructure upgrade for Lakeside. It moves the area into the 21st century in terms of technology and connectivity to the world. Real estate values I'm sure will benefit.

Three cheers for Tom and company.

SunFan
SunFan
SunFan
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : None....no I'm joking.

Back to top Go down

Post by beener Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:50 am

so where do we sign up

beener

Back to top Go down

Post by lunateak Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:56 am

Some people say there will be an office in Ajijic.
lunateak
lunateak
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:36 pm

Here is the e-mail... all questions answered: Please note that some of the direct links have not copied and pasted well but there is still enough contact info here to find out what you want to know.

Update on ilox project status as of June, 2018
 •ilox has received enough paid in subscribers to go ahead with the project at Lakeside!
•There are still over 300 who have pledged but have not paid yet, for many different reasons. We are following up with them.
•All subscribers who have prepaid by the end of July will get priority installation
•Ilox is now accepting signups in Chapala
•Ilox is in the process of opening an office in Ajijic
•Construction is projected to begin at the end of July 2018. Some services might begin as early as 4 months after that, but all services will be in place by 6 months.

General comments
•These plans include telephone service. You can keep your existing land line number. Telmex must release it to iLox if you request it.
•Telmex 10MG is $599/month. Ilox offers the same price for 50 MG. Same price, 5 times the signal with more stability.
•There are several TV channels included - many have dual language audio. You do not need the ilox TV package to watch TV. Once you have internet, you can access IP TV with a Firestick or Kodi and watch TV anywhere in the world.
•There is some talk that we will eventually lose our Shaw satellite signal as their new satellite will only point to Canada. Deadline is unknown.
•Here is the link to FAQs
•Here is a great article about fibre optics from Focus On Mexico

Gated Communities

Gated communities present an additional variable and cost.

ilox is unable to use the existing underground ducting due to liability and safety issues. Therefore, they need to install their own conduit. This can be installed above ground along walls, etc or digging a trench on both sides of each of your streets to service each home, depending on your individual by-laws and community tolerance for visual appearance. This cost is the responsibility of the community and will require your Homeowners Association to agree to these costs.

ilox has several reputable contractors who can visit your community and give you a quote on this installation. Please contact Lyle Zeigler below to arrange for a consult. Once you have an agreement, you can then proceed to subscribe to ilox for service.

NOTE: If you have already subscribed and paid, but your community decides not to install underground conduits, you will be reimbursed.  

For those of you who have indicated an interest in ilox fibre optics service, we are contacting you to find out where you are in the process. Our records indicate that some of you have filled in the on-line pledge form but have not sent us the documents required to complete your contracts. Perhaps you did not receive the ilox invitation letter to do this.

Below is a step-by-step guide to help you continue. Both Lake Chapala Real Estate and Ajijic Real Estate are available to help you through the process, answer questions, scan documents and/or contact ilox on your behalf with any concerns. Both offices have bilingual staff to assist you. Please stop by anytime during office hours – no appointment necessary. 1.Register on the pledge form here:   https://goo.gl/2kHdeE
2.Obtain legible photos or scans of official ID (Passport, DL, IFE, etc)  and Proof of address (CFE, Telmex Bill).   Determine if your community is serviced by CFE poles or underground service ducts. Send the scans and the service description to Ilox requesting your contracts to info@mail.tvrey.com.mx

3. Ilox will return to you two personalized contracts.  One is the service agreement, the other is the deposit agreement.  At the bottom of the deposit agreement is a Bancomer account and payment reference numbers. Here are English translations of the contracts.  https://docs.google.com/document/d/1a1kLQFjdpZ9g5F7HFmToxem6kNYFRSBb0g6MadvXYh4/edit
4.Go to Bancomer and pay the cashier against the account and reference numbers listed on your contract. They will give you a receipt.
5.Sign the contracts. You can ignore the clause requesting the Credit card statement and say yes or no to the “use email for communication” and “send other offers to you”.  Most people say yes to email and no to other offers.  Send scans of the signed contracts and your payment voucher back to Ilox via email to the same address above.
6.The signed originals also need to go back to Ilox. You can mail these or for convenience drop that at either Imail Shop in San Antonio or San Juan Cosala and Ilox will pickup.
7.When your payment is registered at Bancomer, Ilox will send you an acknowledgement email.
That's it! Please respond to this email to let us know if you are having trouble or are have decided not to subscribe so that we may update our records. If you have already signed, paid and are registered, then disregard this email, but be sure to pass it along to your friends!

Contact - English
Lyle Zeigler
lylezeigler@gmail.com
Mexican Cell (011.052.1) 331.706.2377

Tom Kessler
trkess@gmail.com)
Mexican Cell (011.052.1) 333.107.1859

Contact - Español
L.I. Jessica A. Avila Sánchez
ILOX GUADALAJARA
Av. Lázaro Cárdenas no. 3675, Col Chapalita, Guadalajara Jalisco.
Fijo 01-331-031-2429 | WhatsApp 353-109-2799
jessica.avila@mail.ilox.mx
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Canada_Mike Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:53 pm

Glad i did already. Really looking forward to it.
Canada_Mike
Canada_Mike
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : New York

http://gilbert.info.yorku.ca/

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:38 pm

I already signed up to Mike. Nelly at Ajijic Realty (opposite Tango)made it simple and painless and it was a short walk up to Bancomer to pay.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:50 pm

I also applaud all you pioneer's who are making this possible!!! I will be one of the first to sign on once you are all up and running.

Well done.

Beer

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Hensley Sun Jun 24, 2018 5:22 pm

So for us renters who use Telmex for proof of address they probably won't accept this new company as proof. Don't have electric bill in our name, but phone is.
Hensley
Hensley
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Sun Jun 24, 2018 5:25 pm

Doesn't have to be in your name, Julie.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:19 pm

If the utilities are not in your name you usually have to provide a signed copy of a rental agreement too.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveP Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:22 pm

•Telmex 10MG is $599/month. Ilox offers the same price for 50 MG. Same price, 5 times the signal with more stability.

Let's get it straight. Telmex is 389 for up to 10 meg not 599.00 which is good for up to 20 meg.
I will be watching.
DaveP
DaveP
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : A little English

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveP Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:25 pm

CanuckBob wrote:If the utilities are not in your name you usually have to provide a signed copy of a rental agreement too.

Doesn't work that way Bob. Most places accept the landlords bill for  Telmex and CFE without a copy of the lease. I've been doing it for nearly 10 years.
DaveP
DaveP
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : A little English

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:37 pm

It's the "up to" which is Telmex' devious way of hooking you. Many, many people are paying 389 and getting less than 2 mbps. Many, many people are paying 599 and possibly getting 10 mbps but no more. It's just plain false advertising.
In Riberas, I'm paying 599 and actually getting 20 mbps. It's not that I'm unhappy with my service... it's that when I have NO service, it takes too long to get it fixed. And, sometimes, it's not even Telmex that finds the problem and fixes it. Their customer service and maintenance of their lines and equipment is pathetic. It will most likely get worse and I just am not waiting for that to happen. Nor should anyone else. YMMV.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by MexicoPete Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:42 pm

DaveP: That package, i.e.10 down costs only $389 pesos per month and offers long distance calls for about 50 countries for free with some limitations shown at the link below. The changes were made several years ago with recent changes limiting the time allowed per month, for long distance calls and calls to cell phones.

http://telmex.com/web/hogar/conexion-a-internet
MexicoPete
MexicoPete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:04 pm

Yes, the button for all those packages that says "ver disponibilidad" (see availability) will be most enlightening. They tell you about incredible speeds and you get all excited and want to sign up...but... it's not available to YOU in YOUR location.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by MexicoPete Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:10 pm

Ferret, I'm upgrading to the $499 package to again get unlimited phone calls.
Sadly where I live I'm lucky to get a solid 10 which I do, but should Telmex increase the speed available down here to keep up with the competition, I will be paid up and the techies say that the connection between the DSLAM card and my router is good and that it would handle faster speed should it ever be offered.
MexicoPete
MexicoPete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Hensley Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:21 am

Well another idea is to keep Telmex at the minimum and then sign up for this service but nothing is going to happen until the end of the year, long time to wait.
Hensley
Hensley
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Thu Jul 05, 2018 5:17 pm

I see IZZY is currently installing fiber optics infrastructure. Getting a jump on ILOX by the look of things. I'm wondering in ILOX is going to have second thoughts on this deal?

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by cscompton Thu Jul 05, 2018 5:22 pm

CanuckBob wrote:I see IZZY is currently installing fiber optics infrastructure. Getting a jump on ILOX by the look of things. I'm wondering in ILOX is going to have second thoughts on this deal?

Talked to the workers yesterday. Appears it will be available in 2 to 3 months. I do hope Ilox does come in. Competition and choices are good.
cscompton
cscompton

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:22 pm

IF Izzi gave a damn about any of us, they would have done this a while ago or at least given us an inkling that it was coming instead of treating us like mushrooms. Once bitten, twice shy. Izzi has already pulled a Telmex on me. Glad I'm going with the new guy on the block.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by MexicoPete Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:35 pm

Living 1080 meters via telephone line from the Telmex office where much of the line is maybe 8 years old, I get very reliable Telmex service, to include internet. How do I know that I live 1080 meters from where my telephone line connects via a Dslam card is because that is what the Telmex computer at the Telmex office shows on the screen to the technician.

I have much less reliable service from Telecable, be it internet or TV.
MexicoPete
MexicoPete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next