INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Looking for a recommendation

+2
CanuckBob
Clueless
6 posters

Go down

Looking for a recommendation Empty Looking for a recommendation

Post by Clueless Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:12 pm

My ASUS laptop has just about had it and I don't want any more band-aid patches.

Here is the thing: I'm looking for a good basic computer. I don't do gaming, don't need split screen; don't do number-crunching, etc.

What I do is Word processing; surfing, Netflix/Amazon videos; youtube, etc. I don't need bells and whistles.

Right now, I have a 1TB HD and am using maybe 20% of it.

I do need enough RAM so as to ba able to go at a decent speed.

15" screen is fine.

I have Amazon Prime, but am going to Calif. for 4 days next week so could get one there.

Dependability is critical. I don't want one here since I need a U.S. KB and O.S. Can't do Spanish.

Input appreciated.
Clueless
Clueless
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Looking for a recommendation Empty Re: Looking for a recommendation

Post by CanuckBob Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:59 am

Most laptops come with a 1 TB HD or more now a days. Get one that has as much RAM as you can afford. 8 Gig minimum but 16 or 32 would be awesome. Also if you don't care about the size of the HD then get a solid state hard drive as they are quite dependable and rarely ever crash like the conventional spinning HDs do.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by TooMuchCoffee Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:34 am

Please post what you bought. My laptops are almost 10 years old.

TooMuchCoffee
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by tbeck3579 Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:59 pm

TooMuchCoffee wrote:Please post what you bought.  My laptops are almost 10 years old.

He said he was going to CA, but I'm too late to reply. I'm not a gamer, but I did buy a gaming laptop from Ibuypower located in CA. I don't use desktops anymore. I work on video clips as a hobby; digitizing old 8mm films and VCR tapes so I needed power. This has 4k display, awesome graphics card, M.2 Sata SSD, with a second hard drive for storage/files. It is lightening fast; boot time is almost instantaneous. The programs run on the SSD, and the files are stored on a HD. I haven't bought "power" for a number of years and I'm glad I did because the difference is more than noticeable, and IMHO more than worth the extra money. If I compare other laptops (recently purchased Dell and HP) to this one, this one is like graduating from a dial-up modem to high speed internet. It really is that different.

tbeck3579

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiri Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:21 pm

[Google Chromebooks] is good,have a look at it! https://www.google.com/chromebook/

Might be worth a look.
Kiri
Kiri
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Looking for a recommendation Empty Make and model? a gaming laptop from Ibuypower

Post by beentheredonethat Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:51 am

Would you mind giving us the make and model? Thanks

tbeck3579 wrote:
TooMuchCoffee wrote:Please post what you bought.  My laptops are almost 10 years old.

He said he was going to CA, but I'm too late to reply. I'm not a gamer, but I did buy a gaming laptop from Ibuypower located in CA.  I don't use desktops anymore.  I work on video clips as a hobby; digitizing old 8mm films and VCR tapes so I needed power. This has 4k display, awesome graphics card, M.2 Sata SSD, with a second hard drive for storage/files.  It is lightening fast; boot time is almost instantaneous.  The programs run on the SSD, and the files are stored on a HD. I haven't bought "power" for a number of years and I'm glad I did because the difference is more than noticeable, and IMHO more than worth the extra money.  If I compare other laptops (recently purchased Dell and HP) to this one, this one is like graduating from a dial-up modem to high speed internet.  It really is that different.

beentheredonethat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down