INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

As if things were not bad enough . . .

+18
ferret
Zedinmexico
islandiver
SuzieQ1954
Canada_Mike
slainte39
MexicoPete
juanrey
Trailrunner
WillieRae
Rosa Venus
Ojalero
viajero
Lady Otter Latté
CanuckBob
SunshineyDay
David
Pogo
22 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

As if things were not bad enough . . .  - Page 2 Empty Re: As if things were not bad enough . . .

Post by Lady Otter Latté Tue Apr 26, 2016 5:19 pm

You will have trouble convincing me that electing a Democrat (any Democrat) would be just as bad as having a President Trump.

Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

As if things were not bad enough . . .  - Page 2 Empty Re: As if things were not bad enough . . .

Post by islandiver Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:22 pm

So SuzieQ, why did people chose to live NOB, and still do ??

Last edited by islandiver on Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

islandiver
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:24 pm

Shhhhhh.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosa Venus Tue Apr 26, 2016 8:03 pm

Ugh. A minor traffic inconveniece caused by a bycicle race in Hooterville, Mexico....brings all this???

Election season in the US must be heating up.

yay

mariachi
Rosa Venus
Rosa Venus
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : The funny kind

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:04 am

I timed it, the trip from Sky Gym and back from Wally World took an extra ten minutes. I got slightly upset as I started to think like a Gringo than thought why feel that way and enjoyed watching the riders zip past me when I was on the lateral. Its easy to slip back into the car culture and all the perceived rights that car drivers or Bicycle riders assume. So easy to fall back to that kind of behavior.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by SuzieQ1954 Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:03 am

I hear you, and my inclination is not to try to convince anyone of anything. I think any way the election goes we are in trouble. I think both parties have strayed far from their original philosophies.

I doubt Trump will be elected. If he is, I hope he surrounds himself with people who are less egotistical than he and then listens to them.

SuzieQ1954

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:49 am

SuzieQ1954 wrote:
I doubt Trump will be elected.  If he is, I hope he surrounds himself with people who are less egotistical than he and then listens to them.

I think that's an oxymoron. Egotistical people never listen to anyone but themselves.

As a Canadian, I am absolutely floored that he's even gotten as far as he has. What are they putting in the water up there?
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:57 am

Jaja....yeah no kidding. Harper was a flower flinging liberal hippy compared to Trump.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:57 am

ferret wrote:

As a Canadian, I am absolutely floored that he's even gotten as far as he has. What are they putting in the water up there?
As an American I'm also floored.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:31 pm

If Trump is elected the US will be the new world pariah. Syria, North Korea and Iran will be more popular...... Jaja. It would be time to sew that Canadian flag on your backpack Viajero.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by UrbanMan Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:37 pm

Lady Otter Latté wrote:President Trump.

1) Not gonna happen
2) If it did, remember the USA is a tricameral system. And there is a strong Constitution. Presidents don't get to do whatever they want.
UrbanMan
UrbanMan

Humor : Yes Please

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Wed Apr 27, 2016 3:23 pm

CanuckBob wrote:If Trump is elected It would be time to sew that Canadian flag on your backpack Viajero.
Bob,that ain't gonna happen,I'm not about to deny my nationality because of some pendejo.
My ten year old calls him "Asqueroso",sheesh!

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Wed Apr 27, 2016 3:45 pm

viajero wrote:
CanuckBob wrote:If Trump is elected It would be time to sew that Canadian flag on your backpack Viajero.
Bob,that ain't gonna happen,I'm not about to deny my nationality because of some pendejo.
My ten year old calls him "Asqueroso"!!

Same here, but I just don't nohow, noway think this will happen. I've been reading the clever guys telling why it can't, and I'm inclined to believe it. Down in the real world having nothing to do with conventions and speechifying, he can't get anywhere near a 50% approval rating from such groups as: Republican women, blacks, Latinos and hevvin knows, not the young college crowd. I thing we need not "awfullize" about it. Rolling Eyes

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by SuzieQ1954 Wed Apr 27, 2016 5:34 pm

Back to the original thread. In my little Hill Country town we have at least one bicycle event and a triathalon event a year, each of which closes all routes leading from my home to where I might want to go. They always occur on a weekend. Then we have the various car clubs that love to "do" the hills and various motorcycle clubs also. They manage to block traffic and are impossible to get around. So NOB we have the same thing. While we have a large latino population, most that I see are gringos/as. So what's the beef?

SuzieQ1954

Back to top Go down

Post by SuzieQ1954 Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:05 am

Ditto "it's not gonna happen." I have more faith the the American people than that. I just don't think the alternative is any better. And, Mr. Canadian, I am with you when you say you can't believe he could get this far. I thought he was a joke. I just love American politics. There is nothing like it. I just hope we can all remember that our way of doing things is "the great experiment." We don't need to become like the rest of the world. Thankfully we do have a government of checks and balances --- at least theoretically. I sometimes wonder, but we are going to need it to work whoever is elected.

SuzieQ1954

Back to top Go down

Post by Luisa Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:20 am

UrbanMan wrote:
1)  Not gonna happen

In 1935 Sinclair Lewis wrote "It Can't Happen Here" a novel about the fascist takeover of the US. It's available on Kindle.

"The novel that foreshadowed Donald Trump’s authoritarian appeal."—Salon

It Can’t Happen Here is the only one of Sinclair Lewis’s later novels to match the power of Main Street, Babbitt, and Arrowsmith. A cautionary tale about the fragility of democracy, it is an alarming, eerily timeless look at how fascism could take hold in America. Written during the Great Depression, when the country was largely oblivious to Hitler’s aggression, it juxtaposes sharp political satire with the chillingly realistic rise of a president who becomes a dictator to save the nation from welfare cheats, sex, crime, and a liberal press. Called “a message to thinking Americans” by the Springfield Republican when it was published in 1935, It Can’t Happen Here is a shockingly prescient novel that remains as fresh and contemporary as today’s news.[/quote]

Last edited by Luisa on Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:22 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : part of quote not within the quote)

Luisa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:13 am

There are probably many more well educated U.S. voters than there were in the days of the Great Depression. There are also too many who vote with their guts instead of their brains, but I sincerely hope that the first group wins.
Favorite headline of today, to the effect that Carly Fiona is making another doomed merger. Rolling Eyes

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

As if things were not bad enough . . .  - Page 2 Empty As if things were not bad enough

Post by miendo Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:57 am

Trailrunner wrote:
viajero wrote:
Pogo wrote: I am amazed that I can still be amazed by the raging ridiculousness.
Yeah,me too,your post is a good example of it.

lololol
The event was posted on the ajijicnews.com calendar
miendo
miendo

Humor : Plenty

http://www.AjijicNews.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2