INSIDE LAKESIDE
Log In or Register

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

10 Things Mexico Does Better than Anywhere Else

Go down

10 Things Mexico Does Better than Anywhere Else Empty 10 Things Mexico Does Better than Anywhere Else

Post by Rosa Venus on Mon May 09, 2016 4:22 pm

Came in my e-mail today. A silly, fluff piece about Mexico, but cute. Nice to read something lighthearted and fun about Mexico in the international press rather than the usual drugs, death and destruction.

Ten Things Mexico Does Better than Anywhere Else

flag waver
Rosa Venus
Rosa Venus
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 1978
Points : 2606
Join date : 2012-05-24
Location : Mexico
Humor : The funny kind

Back to top Go down

10 Things Mexico Does Better than Anywhere Else Empty Re: 10 Things Mexico Does Better than Anywhere Else

Post by Carry Bean on Tue May 10, 2016 8:19 am

It sure beats the doom & gloom on TOB about how Mexico is a 3rd world country, corrupt, etc. It sure beats me why they live here & I wish they didn't.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 2652
Points : 3611
Join date : 2010-04-05
Location : Riberas

Back to top Go down

10 Things Mexico Does Better than Anywhere Else Empty Re: 10 Things Mexico Does Better than Anywhere Else

Post by Lady Otter Latté on Tue May 10, 2016 8:55 am

Carry, I agree. There is a group of them over there that appear to hate everything and everyone Mexican. I read their posts and wonder why in the world they live here. Their distain and disrespect just oozes onto the screen. Go live someplace else, PLEASE!
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 6592
Points : 7893
Join date : 2011-07-26
Location : Chapala
Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

10 Things Mexico Does Better than Anywhere Else Empty Re: 10 Things Mexico Does Better than Anywhere Else

Post by Carry Bean on Tue May 10, 2016 9:04 am

The latest is the litter thread. They act like the only place on the planet that has litter is here. London is filled with it. So is the Virgin Islands & there's a reason why there are signs on highways in the States that show that some business has adopted that stretch of the highway to remove litter.

I don't know if it's gotten worse on that board or not but if I were reading it now and thinking of moving here, I'd think again. What a great resource that is for a real estate company that sponsors it. Nothing but negativity about the area. If Coldwell Banker had any brains, they wouldn't sponsor it since it does its best to keep people away.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 2652
Points : 3611
Join date : 2010-04-05
Location : Riberas

Back to top Go down

10 Things Mexico Does Better than Anywhere Else Empty Re: 10 Things Mexico Does Better than Anywhere Else

Post by gringal on Tue May 10, 2016 9:33 am

I'm with those who are head-scratching over why people who seem to complain constantly about everything Mexico continue to live here.
If they are here because their pensions don't stretch to cover living well in the states, there has to be a trailer park in Texas that suits their budgets.
Probably has bingo, square dancing and all-you-can-eat lunches nearby, too, along with strict park rules about noise and litter.
mariachi

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 11202
Points : 14022
Join date : 2010-04-09
Location : Lake Chapala (from CA)
Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

10 Things Mexico Does Better than Anywhere Else Empty Re: 10 Things Mexico Does Better than Anywhere Else

Post by viajero on Tue May 10, 2016 9:52 am

Carry Bean wrote:.  It sure beats me why they live here & I wish they didn't.  
Yeah,me too.
They were whining about the Dia del Albañil for chrissakes.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 5755
Points : 5878
Join date : 2011-07-26
Location : San Pedro de los Saguaros
Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

10 Things Mexico Does Better than Anywhere Else Empty Re: 10 Things Mexico Does Better than Anywhere Else

Post by slainte39 on Tue May 10, 2016 10:21 am

Carry Bean wrote:The latest is the litter thread.  They act like the only place on the planet that has litter is here.  London is filled with it.  So is the Virgin Islands & there's a reason why there are signs on highways in the States that show that some business has adopted that stretch of the highway to remove litter.  

I don't know if it's gotten worse on that board or not but if I were reading it now and thinking of moving here, I'd think again.  What a great resource that is for a real estate company that sponsors it.  Nothing but negativity about the area.  If Coldwell Banker had any brains, they wouldn't sponsor it since it does its best to keep people away.

The head moderator in charge is one of the worst offenders of all...always complaining about the government, how clean it is everywhere else, how much better the roads and streets are everywhere else, etc., etc.  So what do you expect from the rest of the sheep?
Some one opined about how Mexico is a third world country lagging behind the bric countries.  I don't think there is anywhere in Mexico with the extreme poverty of Mumbai, Kalkota, and rural India or Rio de Janeiro, Sao Paulo, or San Salvador.  As bad as the government might be here, we still have more freedom than China or Russia and corruption  runs rife in all those countries.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 8522
Points : 10805
Join date : 2010-07-22

Back to top Go down

10 Things Mexico Does Better than Anywhere Else Empty Re: 10 Things Mexico Does Better than Anywhere Else

Post by CanuckBob on Tue May 10, 2016 10:36 am

Carry Bean wrote:The latest is the litter thread.  They act like the only place on the planet that has litter is here.  London is filled with it.  So is the Virgin Islands & there's a reason why there are signs on highways in the States that show that some business has adopted that stretch of the highway to remove litter.  

I don't know if it's gotten worse on that board or not but if I were reading it now and thinking of moving here, I'd think again.  What a great resource that is for a real estate company that sponsors it.  Nothing but negativity about the area.  If Coldwell Banker had any brains, they wouldn't sponsor it since it does its best to keep people away.

Couldn't agree more. I remember a time in Canada when litter was everywhere. it wasn't until they brought out anti littering legislation with extremely heavy fines that things got cleaned up. I think that was sometime in the early 70's. Anyhow, I too wonder why a RE company would want to sponsor an internet forum with such negative attachments. It certainly can't be good for their business.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Humble Administrator
Humble Administrator

Posts : 17644
Points : 25435
Join date : 2010-04-04
Age : 56
Location : Lake Chapala (from Vancouver)
Humor : Sick and twisted

http://Www.casadecomo.webs.com

Back to top Go down

10 Things Mexico Does Better than Anywhere Else Empty Re: 10 Things Mexico Does Better than Anywhere Else

Post by mattoleriver on Tue May 10, 2016 1:22 pm

Lately I've been getting a kick out of the troll on the pet forum. Registers, makes a single post then disappears. Last week the troll wanted to breed a too small poodle and this week the troll threatens to kill a cat if a pet sitter can't be found. All of the self-appointed animal saviors are going nuts!

One of the ten things Mexico does best: Bring out the lunacy of people with too much free time on their hands.
10 Things Mexico Does Better than Anywhere Else 661816 10 Things Mexico Does Better than Anywhere Else 851398 10 Things Mexico Does Better than Anywhere Else 868847 middle finger 10 Things Mexico Does Better than Anywhere Else 87465 10 Things Mexico Does Better than Anywhere Else 968748 10 Things Mexico Does Better than Anywhere Else 633732 Shit stirring
mattoleriver
mattoleriver
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 621
Points : 1100
Join date : 2011-09-12

Back to top Go down

10 Things Mexico Does Better than Anywhere Else Empty Re: 10 Things Mexico Does Better than Anywhere Else

Post by gringal on Tue May 10, 2016 1:43 pm

mattoleriver wrote:Lately I've been getting a kick out of the troll on the pet forum. Registers, makes a single post then disappears. Last week the troll wanted to breed a too small poodle and this week the troll threatens to kill a cat if a pet sitter can't be found. All of the self-appointed animal saviors are going nuts!

One of the ten things Mexico does best: Bring out the lunacy of people with too much free time on their hands.
10 Things Mexico Does Better than Anywhere Else 661816 10 Things Mexico Does Better than Anywhere Else 851398 10 Things Mexico Does Better than Anywhere Else 868847 middle finger 10 Things Mexico Does Better than Anywhere Else 87465 10 Things Mexico Does Better than Anywhere Else 968748 10 Things Mexico Does Better than Anywhere Else 633732 Shit stirring

Somebody should have offered the "boyfriend" services of a Great Dane.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 11202
Points : 14022
Join date : 2010-04-09
Location : Lake Chapala (from CA)
Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

10 Things Mexico Does Better than Anywhere Else Empty Re: 10 Things Mexico Does Better than Anywhere Else

Post by RVGRINGO on Tue May 10, 2016 2:43 pm

gringal wrote:
mattoleriver wrote:Lately I've been getting a kick out of the troll on the pet forum. Registers, makes a single post then disappears. Last week the troll wanted to breed a too small poodle and this week the troll threatens to kill a cat if a pet sitter can't be found. All of the self-appointed animal saviors are going nuts!

One of the ten things Mexico does best: Bring out the lunacy of people with too much free time on their hands.
10 Things Mexico Does Better than Anywhere Else 661816 10 Things Mexico Does Better than Anywhere Else 851398 10 Things Mexico Does Better than Anywhere Else 868847 middle finger 10 Things Mexico Does Better than Anywhere Else 87465 10 Things Mexico Does Better than Anywhere Else 968748 10 Things Mexico Does Better than Anywhere Else 633732 Shit stirring

Somebody should have offered the "boyfriend" services of a Great Dane.

What? And leave the poor poodle unserviced?

RVGRINGO
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 1496
Points : 2060
Join date : 2011-02-16

Back to top Go down

10 Things Mexico Does Better than Anywhere Else Empty Re: 10 Things Mexico Does Better than Anywhere Else

Post by Carry Bean on Tue May 10, 2016 3:57 pm

Don't forget the guy who wanted a bike lane put on Ocampo with nice pavers. Rolling Eyes

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 2652
Points : 3611
Join date : 2010-04-05
Location : Riberas

Back to top Go down

10 Things Mexico Does Better than Anywhere Else Empty Re: 10 Things Mexico Does Better than Anywhere Else

Post by Rosa Venus on Tue May 10, 2016 6:11 pm

The ELEVENTH Thing Mexico Does Better than Anywhere Else:

11. Endures Foreign residents.

flag waver
Rosa Venus
Rosa Venus
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 1978
Points : 2606
Join date : 2012-05-24
Location : Mexico
Humor : The funny kind

Back to top Go down

10 Things Mexico Does Better than Anywhere Else Empty Re: 10 Things Mexico Does Better than Anywhere Else

Post by Trailrunner on Tue May 10, 2016 6:19 pm

Rosa Venus wrote:The ELEVENTH Thing Mexico Does Better than Anywhere Else:

11. Endures Foreign residents.

flag waver

LOL Perfect.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 7843
Points : 11335
Join date : 2011-04-18

Back to top Go down

10 Things Mexico Does Better than Anywhere Else Empty Re: 10 Things Mexico Does Better than Anywhere Else

Post by slainte39 on Tue May 10, 2016 6:37 pm

The latest idiocy is that El Chapo's associates are coming to Ajijic to whack the ex-pats for revenge of the coming extradition.
UNBELIEVABLE.....but a good laugh.  Run and hide everyone!!!

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 8522
Points : 10805
Join date : 2010-07-22

Back to top Go down

10 Things Mexico Does Better than Anywhere Else Empty Re: 10 Things Mexico Does Better than Anywhere Else

Post by viajero on Tue May 10, 2016 8:38 pm

slainte39 wrote:The latest idiocy is that El Chapo's associates are coming to Ajijic to whack the ex-pats for revenge of the coming extradition.
UNBELIEVABLE.....but a good laugh.  Run and hide everyone!!!
Hey David,that's no laughing matter,me,I'm hiding out in Guadalajara where it's safe and will avoid Lakeside until this blows over.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 5755
Points : 5878
Join date : 2011-07-26
Location : San Pedro de los Saguaros
Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

10 Things Mexico Does Better than Anywhere Else Empty Re: 10 Things Mexico Does Better than Anywhere Else

Post by kiko on Tue May 10, 2016 8:50 pm

Carry Bean wrote:It sure beats the doom & gloom on TOB about how Mexico is a 3rd world country, corrupt, etc.  It sure beats me why they live here & I wish they didn't.  

Mexico is actually a NIC and has been for over 40 years. Expats tend to like to use the third world country label I think because it makes them feel more important, since they tend to assign value to one´s wealth and not character. Quite the opposite of the Mexican culture.
kiko
kiko
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 627
Points : 1486
Join date : 2014-09-10

Back to top Go down

10 Things Mexico Does Better than Anywhere Else Empty Re: 10 Things Mexico Does Better than Anywhere Else

Post by slainte39 on Tue May 10, 2016 9:20 pm

viajero wrote:
slainte39 wrote:The latest idiocy is that El Chapo's associates are coming to Ajijic to whack the ex-pats for revenge of the coming extradition.
UNBELIEVABLE.....but a good laugh.  Run and hide everyone!!!
Hey David,that's no laughing matter,me,I'm hiding out in Guadalajara where it's safe and will avoid Lakeside until this blows over.


"no laughing matter"...I guess you're right, and that's the reason the coons wants total immersion into Spanish, so he won't stand out when they come.  He can pass himself off as a gabacho who lost his way. lol!

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 8522
Points : 10805
Join date : 2010-07-22

Back to top Go down

10 Things Mexico Does Better than Anywhere Else Empty Re: 10 Things Mexico Does Better than Anywhere Else

Post by gringal on Wed May 11, 2016 9:09 am

...and here's another head scratcher: moving close to a going restaurant which is operating in a normal, civilized manner and assuming that it won't change to a booming music at all hours place. If one is lucky, it won't. But that's luck for you: fickle.
(That's also the benefit of renting rather than buying.)
Rolling Eyes

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 11202
Points : 14022
Join date : 2010-04-09
Location : Lake Chapala (from CA)
Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

10 Things Mexico Does Better than Anywhere Else Empty Re: 10 Things Mexico Does Better than Anywhere Else

Post by Lady Otter Latté on Wed May 11, 2016 9:33 am

Gringal,it makes sense to do that if you believe you can bend the world to your will and make everyone else live according to your (many) rules because you are always right.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 6592
Points : 7893
Join date : 2011-07-26
Location : Chapala
Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

10 Things Mexico Does Better than Anywhere Else Empty Re: 10 Things Mexico Does Better than Anywhere Else

Post by Carry Bean on Wed May 11, 2016 5:32 pm

And that's not working real well for him either.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 2652
Points : 3611
Join date : 2010-04-05
Location : Riberas

Back to top Go down

10 Things Mexico Does Better than Anywhere Else Empty Re: 10 Things Mexico Does Better than Anywhere Else

Post by Trailrunner on Wed May 11, 2016 5:47 pm

Karma.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 7843
Points : 11335
Join date : 2011-04-18

Back to top Go down

10 Things Mexico Does Better than Anywhere Else Empty Re: 10 Things Mexico Does Better than Anywhere Else

Post by Semalu on Wed May 11, 2016 8:19 pm

LOL, I always wondered about that old saying I heard, and you guys have explained it perfectly. You know, ... the one about the pot calling the kettle black.

10 Things Mexico Does Better than Anywhere Else 223506

Semalu
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 169
Points : 192
Join date : 2015-04-12

Back to top Go down

10 Things Mexico Does Better than Anywhere Else Empty Re: 10 Things Mexico Does Better than Anywhere Else

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum