INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

As if things were not bad enough . . .

+18
ferret
Zedinmexico
islandiver
SuzieQ1954
Canada_Mike
slainte39
MexicoPete
juanrey
Trailrunner
WillieRae
Rosa Venus
Ojalero
viajero
Lady Otter Latté
CanuckBob
SunshineyDay
David
Pogo
22 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

As if things were not bad enough . . .  Empty As if things were not bad enough . . .

Post by Pogo Sun Apr 24, 2016 7:35 pm

. . . they closed the carretera for a bicycle race. On a Sunday. With all the mounting problems with Sunday traffic.

In what addle-minded dream state did the authorities think that was a good idea?  Maybe next Sunday they will close it for a jumping frog contest. Or maybe a can kicking contest . . . a hula hoop contest.

After twelve years here, I am amazed that I can still be amazed by the raging ridiculousness.

Pogo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

As if things were not bad enough . . .  Empty Re: As if things were not bad enough . . .

Post by David Sun Apr 24, 2016 7:40 pm

How did you miss this event for that many years?
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

As if things were not bad enough . . .  Empty Re: As if things were not bad enough . . .

Post by SunshineyDay Sun Apr 24, 2016 7:55 pm

Pogo must have been inconvenienced! I heard next Sunday it will be closed for tortuga racing!

SunshineyDay
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pogo Sun Apr 24, 2016 8:02 pm

David wrote:How did you miss this event for that many years?

I didn't miss it before, David, and there is no doubt I won't miss it again next year when they do it all again - despite the growing problems with traffic.

Pogo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sun Apr 24, 2016 8:31 pm

While it was an inconvenience I was glad to see the event here. Unfortunately (or fortunately) the world doesn't revolve around the grumpy gringos around here...jaja.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Sun Apr 24, 2016 8:38 pm

I love that about living here. No matter how much foreigners grump and complain Mexican life goes on joyfully with all its inconveniences.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Sun Apr 24, 2016 8:41 pm

Pogo wrote: I am amazed that I can still be amazed by the raging ridiculousness.
Yeah,me too,your post is a good example of it.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by Ojalero Sun Apr 24, 2016 8:50 pm

viajero wrote:
Pogo wrote: I am amazed that I can still be amazed by the raging ridiculousness.

Snark Alert.
Ojalero
Ojalero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Paraprosdokian

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosa Venus Sun Apr 24, 2016 8:58 pm

It pays to pay attention. You can put this one on your calendar ahead of time...

http://ironranch.mx

mariachi
Rosa Venus
Rosa Venus
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : The funny kind

Back to top Go down

Post by WillieRae Sun Apr 24, 2016 10:05 pm

Was this event posted somewhere?

WillieRae
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Mon Apr 25, 2016 7:59 am

viajero wrote:

lololol
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:58 am

Every Sunday in Guadalajara from 8AM to 2PM they close off some major streets for the Via Recreactiva,it's pretty popular.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by juanrey Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:15 am

I bumped into it yesterday and the traffic was rerouted onto the laterals and everything was fine. I don't know what the big deal is. It might have taken me 2 extra minutes to reach my destination. Give me a break, complaining about that minor inconvenience is more about waking up on the wrong side of the bed.
juanrey
juanrey
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : George Carlin

https://sites.google.com/site/ouradventureinchapala/

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:37 am

Beer
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by MexicoPete Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:27 am

Even during heavy traffic Sunday it only took an extra 5 to 10 minutes. It's not like I missed doing anything. No big deal.

MexicoPete
MexicoPete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:56 am

viajero wrote:Every Sunday in Guadalajara from 8AM to 2PM they close off some major streets for the Via Recreactiva,it's pretty popular.

Kids and grandkids participate a lot of Sundays. I think they said about 20 km. of streets are closed off for the cyclists, but they have a great time trying not to lose each other. LOL.

Pogo es un tlacuache, ?no?  Es dificil para cruzar la carretera, porque se mueve muy despacio. Por lo tanto, tiene razon. lol!

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Canada_Mike Mon Apr 25, 2016 5:31 pm

I went to Chapala to take my dog to Christiana park and used the laterals. Enjoyed seeing all those young people on bikes. I actually would have walked back to watch the race, but had an appointment. There are races, foot or bike, everywhere and that's the reality. I remember as a kid in Brooklyn watching the New York marathon run past my house. And, yep, they closed the streets.
Canada_Mike
Canada_Mike
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : New York

http://gilbert.info.yorku.ca/

Back to top Go down

Post by Pogo Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:52 pm

Boy, was I wrong! You guys are absolutely right.

Pogo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:17 am

You opined, you lobbied, you campaigned, you tried.....you lost.
No shame, no harm, no foul.

Next!

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Tue Apr 26, 2016 8:01 am

Pogo, you were not wrong that you found the closing and event annoying, frustrating and a dumb decision. Other posters were not wrong that they don't share your viewpoint or feelings on this issue. There was no right or wrong here, just different viewpoints.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by SuzieQ1954 Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:27 am

Ah-h-h. If only we Democrats and Republicans could just take the tack there neither is right nor wrong but just have differing viewpoints, things would become more friendly NOB -- and maybe South also. Peace!

SuzieQ1954

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:58 am

SuzieQ1954 wrote:-- and maybe South also.  Peace!

You will have a very difficult time convincing Mexicans that Trump is right, or should I say...... Surte

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:02 am

No. There is right and wrong in policy decisions. People go hungry, without medical care, lose control over what happens with their own bodies and die in wars because the wrong decisions are made.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by SuzieQ1954 Tue Apr 26, 2016 4:49 pm

I lived NOB 20 years without medical insurance and never once went without medical care. My husband had a lung operatio, which we paid on until it was paid for. It was much cheaper than what would have been charged had we had insurance. Drs. adjust prices. Hospitals tend not to do so. Another time he had double pneumonia, which necessitated a week stay in each of two hospitals. One hospital had a foundation that paid our bill, a decision they initiatied. We paid the other hospital each month until the bill was paid. The foundation of the hospital we paid buili a solarium with their foundation's funds, which was so hot no one could stand to be in there. Churches often do silly things with their memorial funds, also. I have yet to hear of a memorial donation going to feed the poor.

Right and wrong decisions about war are made by both parties. People go hungry no matter who rules the roost. One thing I do know is that the more the government "gives" me, the more control they exercise over me, and the less efficient my life becomes. I know this from experience.

Example: At 79 years, I chose to continue working part time and paying into SS. A few months ago I received a letter from the SS Administration, which inforied me my SS amount was inclreased due to my continued contribution. In the same letter I was informed that because my SS amount was increased, the amount suplemented by my deceased husband's account would be decreased. The net result was that I would continue to receive the same amount.

Someone had to compute all of that math and write and mail a letter, which only served to irritate me rather than inform me. I wonder what the cost was to the taxpayer. To top it off, they did not give us a cost of living increase but increased our insurance, so this year I am actually receiving less than I did before, while still continuing to pay into the system. ANd politicians on both sides say they are not cutting benefits for current SS recipients. I really resent they think I am that stupid.

You will have troule convincinig ME that Trump is the right person for president, but you would have an equally hard time convincing me that the other side would be any better. I think this election is a roll of the dice. Scairy!

Oh yes, my dughter did have health insurance, which increased so much she can no longer afford it. She now has a policy with a $6,000 yearly deductable. That's what happens when you insure technically unisurable people. The people who did not have insurance are now covered and the people who did have it no longer have the same quality for the price they pay.
It is the nature of things to sink to the lowest common denominator.

SuzieQ1954

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Tue Apr 26, 2016 5:19 pm

You will have trouble convincing me that electing a Democrat (any Democrat) would be just as bad as having a President Trump.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next