INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pickpocket at Super Lake

+28
brigitte
Trailrunner
gringal
espíritu del lago
NEGringos
David
TioBob
Semalu
sir
Carry Bean
ltollefs
Luisa
zenwoodle
Phuqawi
Flamingo
WDBarr
RVGRINGO
Zedinmexico
hickton
gringomojado
viajero
Ms.Thang
gvprod
Clueless
Sideways
simpsca
Ojalero
mouseketeer
32 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Pickpocket at Super Lake - Page 3 Empty Re: Pickpocket at Super Lake

Post by viajero Sat Jan 16, 2016 10:05 am

gringal wrote:IMO, any foreigner with enough income to live here without a job is a worthless puddle of pond slime if he or she stoops to shoplifting at a local business.  Were these people raised by pigs?
Senior expats shoplifting in Mexico,that's just plain nuts...

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Clueless Sat Jan 16, 2016 10:24 am

I use to be hostile against S.L. for their high prices, but then I quickly understood as many people have said, no one forced me to buy there, and when there was something I really wanted and S.L. had it, I was pleased to pay their price, with thanks.

The only things that really bugs me is when I find short-weights, or long past shelf-pricing that rings uu higher than shown, and this is in S.L. or any store. But as pointed out to me long ago, not worth the issue/stress for a few pesos.
Clueless
Clueless
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by espíritu del lago Sat Jan 16, 2016 11:23 am

I'm curious why so many xpats are so intitled, a holes.
Geez. .. I expect it in the U.S. I thought people move to MX to get away from that and the nanny state.

espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms.Thang Sat Jan 16, 2016 12:13 pm

Go on Amazon and search certain Mexican grocery products. People in the U.S. even buy Mexican coke (cola) ha! And pay top dollah. Pancho is a freaking genius.

Ms.Thang
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by espíritu del lago Sat Jan 16, 2016 12:39 pm

True to point, ^^^^^ however  I buy a ton of Mexican products at Mexican owned stores and HEB, and we have plenty of them.
Actually they're really not that expensive and in some instances cheaper than U.S brands.
espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by espíritu del lago Sat Jan 16, 2016 12:42 pm

We have many Mexican bakeries. .. I suppose if you're ignorant then Amazon is perfect to get your fix.
espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sat Jan 16, 2016 1:02 pm

espíritu del lago wrote:True to point, ^^^^^ however  I buy a ton of Mexican products at Mexican owned stores and HEB, and we have plenty of them.
Actually they're really not that expensive and in some instances cheaper than U.S brands.

It is of note that at Superlake, there is an aisle of imported (U.S. made) Campbell's soups and right across the aisle is more Campbell's Soups, hecho en Mexico. The U.S. aisle costs a bunch more. The Mexican soup is every bit as good, if not better. Rolling Eyes

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by espíritu del lago Sat Jan 16, 2016 1:18 pm

I thought Cambell's soup was a no no, you know gmo, salt, fake flavors. .. somebody must be eating it ....
espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Sat Jan 16, 2016 1:31 pm

There are plenty of somebodies eating every bit of crap and food-like substances being manufactured and sold.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sat Jan 16, 2016 2:04 pm

espíritu del lago wrote:I  thought Cambell's soup was a no no,  you know gmo, salt, fake flavors. .. somebody must be eating it ....

The point is not whether we SHOULD eat it or not: It's about the pricing.

And I agree entirely that it's not a healthy choice. However, the only healthy choices there are ridiculously expensive.
Mostly, I buy a chicken and make my own with lentils and other stuff, but once in a while..............
Twisted Evil

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Sat Jan 16, 2016 5:15 pm

Well said, Trailrunner & LadyO. If you knew what Pancho has to go through to get the items DEMANDED by his expat customers you'd think he practically underprices. Seriously. Read the chapter in Judy King's book explaining how Super Lake operates & you'd never call it Super Thief or all the other nasty names it gets stuck with. And I notice it's mostly men who do it.

Reminds me of years ago when my Dad kept bitching to my step-mother that she spent way too much on groceries. She told him if he thought he could do better, go right ahead. He went to the store & after looking at the prices, he wound up coming home with a sack of potatoes & a 6 pack of beer.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Ojalero Sat Jan 16, 2016 6:05 pm

Carry Bean wrote:...he wound up coming home with a sack of potatoes & a 6 pack of beer.

That's a seven course meal in my book.
Ojalero
Ojalero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Paraprosdokian

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Sat Jan 16, 2016 7:02 pm

lol!

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by sir Sat Jan 16, 2016 8:03 pm

How about DIRT BALL GRINGOS caught shoplifting getting deported?

sir

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Sat Jan 16, 2016 8:05 pm

well they should spend a couple of nights in jail to start with. if they got caught again kick them out.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Semalu Sat Jan 16, 2016 9:17 pm

Why am I always reminded of Lord of the Rings when I read the local web boards? Time to read a good book instead?

Semalu
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Flamingo Sat Jan 16, 2016 9:25 pm

I buy their Mexican products and the prices are as good or better than I can find elsewhere. And a few items that I miss from NOB and am willing to pay extra for. But I must admit that every once in awhile SL has something that is a total indulgence. They had white Stilton with fruit - one of my very favorite cheeses - and I bought two tiny packages.

IMHO Poncho is a dear man and we are lucky to have SL as a resource.
Flamingo
Flamingo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Sat Jan 16, 2016 9:44 pm

I agree, Flamingo. We are very lucky to have Pancho and SuperLake. I do not shop there regularly. However, when I want something specific or to treat myself to a NOB product, I am glad he is there.
A friend mentioned the attacks on SuperLake on the board. He said he thought Pancho has been one of the smarter businessmen around here. He recognized the needs of the expat community and he fills them.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by Luisa Sun Jan 17, 2016 7:49 am

brigitte wrote:well they should spend a couple of nights in jail to start with. if they got caught again kick them out.

My understanding is that he was no longer allowed to shop at Super Lake. I'm sure he was too embarrassed to. He was in a personally stressful time. My point was that Pancho has a lot of old shoplifters on his hands.

I've lived in a number of countries and am amazed by the availability of Asian and European products. Super Lake carries wonderful rices and pastas and his prices are great. I just wish Pancho would stop listening to the Mayberry refugees who want salted butter and Miracle Whip.

Luisa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by espíritu del lago Sun Jan 17, 2016 8:13 am

Why salted butter, miracle whip?
espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Luisa Sun Jan 17, 2016 8:23 am

espíritu del lago wrote:Why salted butter, miracle whip?
Because Pancho is now devoting an unrealistic amount of shelf space to salted butter and miracle whip. Take a look the next time you're in the store. How can he possibly sell that much? A lot of his customers are Guadalajarans who buy his high end stuff and I take some of his specialty items to Mexican friends in Mexico City and Puerto Vallarta when I travel. They are not looking for miracle whip. I suspect that the people who really want miracle whip can drive it down or have friends drive it down.

While I'm on a roll, the 'dirty potatoes' are starchy potatoes and they bake very well. When I lived in Asia and Australia I went for seven years without a baked potato and I am very happy when I see the 'dirty potatoes'. No, they're not from Idaho, but they are starchy. When I lived in Australia a box of graham crackers was $18.00 USD. I did not buy graham crackers then, but it makes me appreciate Pancho's selection and prices.

Luisa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Sun Jan 17, 2016 9:07 am

I agree it is wonderful to be able to get items that you just cannot find without going all over the place, you do not have to buy there on a regular basis but when you want it you have it and believe me it is a luxury. In many other cities you just have to do without.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Sun Jan 17, 2016 9:17 am

I have celiac and can't eat a drop or a crumb of gluten without being sick for 10 days. When I was first diagnosed I was in tears at SL one day and Pancho walked by so I told him the story and asked what he had that was gluten free. He took me ALL over the store pointing out what I could eat. That was 5 years ago, since then the gluten free products have multiplied by about 100. And, not just one kind of GF pasta or bread or pizza shells, many many choices for those of us who can't or don't want to eat gluten.

If Pancho and SL didn't exist I would never be able to have a bowl of pasta or a sandwich or a pizza or so many other gluten free products! Gracias, Pancho y Super Lake.

Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Luisa Sun Jan 17, 2016 9:25 am

Trailrunner wrote:I have celiac and can't eat a drop or a crumb of gluten without being sick for 10 days. When I was first diagnosed I was in tears at SL one day and Pancho walked by so I told him the story and asked what he had that was gluten free. He took me ALL over the store pointing out what I could eat. That was 5 years ago, since then the gluten free products have multiplied by about 100. And, not just one kind of GF pasta or bread or pizza shells, many many choices for those of us who can't or don't want to eat gluten.

If Pancho and SL didn't exist I would never be able to have a bowl of pasta or a sandwich or a pizza or so many other gluten free products! Gracias, Pancho y Super Lake.

I send gluten free Asian condiments to a friend in Mexico City and he is very, very grateful. I go to Super Lake, go up one side of the Asian sauce aisle. Then I take my bottles to the DHL office in the middle of Ajijic. They wrap the bottle in bubble wrap, box them, and deliver them in Mexico City the next day. The in-country shipping is very reasonable.

Luisa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by TioBob Sun Jan 17, 2016 9:37 am

Shame to the cowardly keyboarders that refer to Super Lake as anything but their true name. A thief is someone that steals. Super Lake provides products that no place else does. If you can't afford to shop someplace then don't go there. Cowards are what you are to put down what you can't relate to or is greater than your little mind.
TioBob
TioBob

Humor : Leg pulling

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Sun Jan 17, 2016 9:52 am

Luisa wrote:I send gluten free Asian condiments to a friend in Mexico City and he is very, very grateful. I go to Super Lake, go up one side of the Asian sauce aisle. Then I take my bottles to the DHL office in the middle of Ajijic. They wrap the bottle in bubble wrap, box them, and deliver them in Mexico City the next day. The in-country shipping is very reasonable.

Wow, Luisa! What a good friend you are. I also love being able to get GF Asian sauces. I'm a foodie, a veg, and love to cook - Super Lake is a no-brainer for foodies!

I take my GF soy sauce/tamari sauce from SL with me to Ricki's too!
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next