INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are we now required to renew our vehicle permits each year?

3 posters

Go down

Are we now required to renew our vehicle permits each year? Empty Are we now required to renew our vehicle permits each year?

Post by Rolly Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:15 pm

This afternoon I have received two e-mails from folks in Morelia saying that the local police are cracking down on vehicles with permits that have not been renewed by the local Aduana office. Until March 2005, there was a largely ignored rule that a FM3/2 person had to notify Aduana each year that their FM3/2 had been renewed. In March 2005, that rule was dropped. It now appears that it is back -- at least in Morelia.

Have you heard of that in others parts of the country?
Rolly
Rolly
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Weird

http://rollybrook.com

Back to top Go down

Are we now required to renew our vehicle permits each year? Empty Re: Are we now required to renew our vehicle permits each year?

Post by Intercasa Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:37 pm

I recall seeing a form for it but as it was never needed I never looked further. I´m in the process of changing my plates so won´t be an issue for me.
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Barbed wit

Back to top Go down

Are we now required to renew our vehicle permits each year? Empty Re: Are we now required to renew our vehicle permits each year?

Post by Rolly Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:42 am

I have not been able to find the original source of the information about the dropping of the reporting rule in March 2005. But it seems to be moot because the rule appears to be in effect now. ]Here is the Aduana rule book for the temporary importation of vehicles:

http://www.aduanas.gob.mx/aduana_mexico/2011/Descargas/Tramites/Manual_importacion_24032011.pdf

The relevant section is #17 which begins on page 45 of the PDF document. Google can’t translate a PDF and this file has the copy command disabled, so wading through the Spanish legalese is chore. As best I can discern, these are the important points:

1. Any change in your INM status (renewal, upgrade, etc) must be reported to Aduana within 15 working days.
2. The documents required are a copy of your visa card and a copy of the temporary importation permit. [There is no mention of a letter or passport copy.]
3. The documents are to be presented to an Aduana office or a Banjécite CIITEV station. [Presumably there will be a receipt proving compliance with the rule.]
4. There is no charge.
5. Your vehicle continues to legal whether you file these papers or not.
6. There does not seem to be any penalty for non-compliance.

Based upon this reading of the rule, I cannot explain the actions taking place in Morelia. It seems to me to be a case of a local official making his own rules.

Aduana offices are located at every port of entry – land crossings, sea ports and international airports. For those who do not live near one of these places, there used to be a place to send a letter to Aduana. There is no mention of that in the rules.

This reporting rule has been widely ignored for years. My guess is it will continue to be except in those rare case of a local crackdown.

YMMV
Rolly
Rolly
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Weird

http://rollybrook.com

Back to top Go down

Post by sparks Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:37 pm

What do you do when Aduana say no ... like Manzanillo

Sounds like cops looking for money
sparks
sparks
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : The joke's on me

http://sparksmex.blogspot.mx/

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:43 pm

Morelia? Strange, I never have problems there but I run with a special crowd there.

http://www.aduanas.gob.mx/aduana_mexico/2009/Descargas/vehiculos/m_ope_importacion10052010.pdf
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Barbed wit

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down