INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another "little" shoot out this morning, 4 am

+10
MexicoPete
hockables
Pedro
merry
Traveller
Ms.Thang
viajero
CanuckBob
slainte39
elbelgicano
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Another "little" shoot out this morning, 4 am - Page 2 Empty Re: Another "little" shoot out this morning, 4 am

Post by elbelgicano Mon May 25, 2015 2:24 pm

Thks Pedro.
Someone told me about the burnt police motorcycle, but I had not seen it myself (my Mexican neighbour told me about that).
From  3:59 (4 bullets fired in front of my house) in the morning until I got up, I heard the police radio.  They were guarding the scene (AND the bullet cases, under a glass), until.... as I stated, "peritajes" from Guadalajara arrived.
When I went out (8 am), to walk the dog, together with my neighbour (B. .... also from Canada, who lives 2 houses or so from me, and also worried about what was going on), I approached the policemen, guarding the scene, asking them EXACTLY, what had happened.... ofcourse, they told us, that they could not give info about it and told us to leave the scene !!  When I walked into town, later that morning, I asked a policeman (fortunately, ...not an official explanation), who had worked that night and off duty than and he gave me a rough explanation, basically saying, nobody killed, policeman slightly injured, when falling off his motorbike (in the whole turmoil).  That is why the newspaper hawkers weren't outthere : either they were not allowed to, or.....  since nobody got killed, the story was not big enough.
After the 4 bullets were shot (the police had put a glass above the casings), I peeped through the window, and all I saw, was motorbike police and other police cars, racing by, in the direction of the old train station.
These things become like every day events.  Only 3 months ago, 2 or 3 people shot and killed at the park, across the street from me as well...., again, I read here how it was "downplayed" like a simple betting incident.... did not go into the discussion, because I like going on the webboards, but I have a life outside of it as well.
What I find strange is.....  why the big mystery around this and cover up from different sides, if this was all that happened.....  Why "peritajes" from Guadalajara here.... (I saw them here for several hours).  There is a big construction going on on my street and basically all the workers saw them.
And ofcourse, nothing against you personally, Pedro, but you are questioning the wrong side here.  All Mexicans and a lot of expats know that, as much as they possibly can, they prefer to keep us in the dark,..... and that is dangerous.  Unfortunately, it does seem that, for some part at least, they succeed at it.  The pianist is shot at and for every killing there seems to be an "innocent" explanation.... all in the midst of narcobloqueos, a few mass graves and  massive shoot outs, go figure.  And if that particular "pianist" would have a history of coming up with all kinds of stories.... I would understand.
Reality is what it is, and people can colour it as much as they can, if it makes them feel better. So far, I can live with this reality, no fooling myself needed.
That is not how my mind works, but who am I, just a simple chocolate maker.....  And ofcourse, the authorities have an excellent reputation of being honest and always telling the truth......so, please, do go for their official version of the facts.

Rony

elbelgicano
Share Holder
Share Holder

http://chocochef.blogspot.mx

Back to top Go down

Another "little" shoot out this morning, 4 am - Page 2 Empty Re: Another "little" shoot out this morning, 4 am

Post by elbelgicano Mon May 25, 2015 2:46 pm

By the way, .... in a couple of weeks, I will have some of your favourite marzipan dipped in milkchocolate again.
elbelgicano
elbelgicano
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : all kinds

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Mon May 25, 2015 2:57 pm

elbelgicano wrote:By the way, .... in a couple of weeks, I will have some of your favourite marzipan dipped in milkchocolate again.

muchos gracias!
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Mon May 25, 2015 3:30 pm

So this incident didn't happen? Oh brother. Well, another incident didn't happen after the cock fighting shooting in La Cristiania what, 2-3 months ago. I was driving out to Guadalajara and called the police with a call that went along the lines of this. " um, I'm driving to Guadalajara, just leaving Chapala Haciendas 2 and it looks like a body on the side of the road." Never ever read anything about it in the news. Looked like any other body left on the side of the road face down that we see in the papers. I'm sure that didn't happen either. I just figured it was associated with the fiestas. Either that it was a very strange place to lay down and take a nap.
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : all natural

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Mon May 25, 2015 3:57 pm

Chapalagringa wrote:So this incident didn't happen?  Oh brother.  Well, another incident didn't happen after the cock fighting shooting in La Cristiania what, 2-3 months ago.  I was driving out to Guadalajara and called the police with a call that went along the lines of this. " um, I'm driving to Guadalajara, just leaving Chapala Haciendas 2 and it looks like a body on the side of the road." Never ever read anything about it in the news.  Looked like any other body left on the side of the road face down that we see in the papers.  I'm sure that didn't happen either.  I just figured it was associated with the fiestas.  Either that it was a very strange place to lay down and take a nap.

Why didn't you stop to help the poor fella out?
He might have dropped a contact lens or sumthin.... Beer
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Mon May 25, 2015 5:56 pm

Every crime should be reported by the police and the media, exacerbated as much as possible so that we could find meaning in our lives and understand our existence in this evil world.
Truthfully, I can't see how the believers live any better or worse, that the non-believers....maybe a little less sleep.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by elbelgicano Mon May 25, 2015 6:13 pm

slainte39 wrote:Every crime should be reported by the police and the media, exacerbated as much as possible so that we could find meaning in our lives and understand our existence in this evil world.
Truthfully, I can't see how the believers live any better or worse, that the non-believers....maybe a little less sleep.
yeah.... especially if they start shooting at 4 am.

I do envy the non-believers (in one way).  But, would not work for me.... too curious, I want to know it all, and I am not sure if the USSR system with their pravda newspaper would show me the right direction in finding the meaning of life.

Rony
elbelgicano
elbelgicano
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : all kinds

Back to top Go down

Post by papa chango Mon May 25, 2015 6:50 pm

elbelgicano wrote:
Ms.Thang wrote:I hear chocolate can have a very calming effect.
Next time, I will let them try my cream filled chocolates...... As long as they don't interrupt my beauty sleep anymore.  There should be a law against shoot outs after a certain hour.  I just had my ears unwaxed too.  The nerve..... really.

Off topic but....can you recommend someone or some place for a "unwaxing"?  I'm starting to have problems hearing in my left ear.

Thanks.  Blackeye
papa chango
papa chango
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : wit and sarcasm Cheech and Chong

http://lakechapalaexpat.blogspot.mx/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2