INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

cell phone

+9
NEGringos
gringal
Trailrunner
Intercasa
MexicoPete
CanuckBob
Jim W
zenwoodle
la luna
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

cell phone  - Page 2 Empty Re: cell phone

Post by MexicoPete Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:39 am

I checked while I was at the Telcel office today, for their interpretation of the new regulations. Things are changing and there is some confusion.

You can gift or transfer up to 200 pesos to a friend per call. Your friend will receive up to 3 or 5 pesos less dependent upon how much you transfer from your Plan Amigo to your friend.

Now the confusing thing is that it would appear that the receiving person only has ten days to use this time before it goes away, which didn't used to be the case

So using the code 7373 and the persons number you want to send the money to you are able to transfer from 5 or 10 pesos up to $200 pesos per call to your friends.  Exactly how do you do this, I don't remember, but most any teenage could show you how.  Good luck. And it will be real simple to do, once you learn how. The only trouble is I don't remember how. :)

MexicoPete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by NEGringos Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:20 am

I'm glad I read this post! I always thought that you lost the time if you didn't use it also. I have no idea how many minutes you get for example, $200 pesos, so I kept adding pesos when I thought I was close to using them up. After seeing how to access the amounts on my iPhone, it shows Saldos $594.91 and Regalo $297.20. Think I'll stop adding money for awhile! cheers

NEGringos
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Warped

Back to top Go down

Post by Frijoles Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:42 am

MexicoPete wrote:I checked while I was at the Telcel office today, for their interpretation of the new regulations. Things are changing and there is some confusion.

You can gift or transfer up to 200 pesos to a friend per call. Your friend will receive up to 3 or 5 pesos less dependent upon how much you transfer from your Plan Amigo to your friend.

Now the confusing thing is that it would appear that the receiving person only has ten days to use this time before it goes away, which didn't used to be the case

So using the code 7373 and the persons number you want to send the money to you are able to transfer from 5 or 10 pesos up to $200 pesos per call to your friends.  Exactly how do you do this, I don't remember, but most any teenage could show you how.  Good luck. And it will be real simple to do, once you learn how. The only trouble is I don't remember how. :)

You can also transfer saldo at mitelcel.com. That's a real rip-off that it's lost after 10 days from the transfer date.
Frijoles
Frijoles
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by zenwoodle Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:23 pm

It is not lost after the 10 days.
It is like any other amount, if you top up your phone, the pesos are still there.
I know this because I have done it recently. Beer
zenwoodle
zenwoodle
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic, but nobody seems to get it

Back to top Go down

Post by MexicoPete Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:07 pm

Gosh zenwoodle, I hope you are right. I know that was so in 2014 and maybe time credited in 2014 but not transferred until 2015.  That is the way it always used to be. But I read in Spanish that transferred time is now only good for ten days.  I sure hope I am wrong and you are right zenwoodle.

That is what is so great about these forums. When I or one of you is not sure about something we think we understood in Spanish we are corrected and learn the truth.  Now if I only spoke native Spanish :)  NO CHANCE drunk
MexicoPete
MexicoPete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by zenwoodle Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:51 pm

I transferred 200 pesos from my wife's account in January.
I did not notice the 10 day "limit" until after it had expired, but when I added 50 pesos to my account, the 200 pesos was also included in my balance.
Right now, both of us have more pesos on our account than we will use.
That will be corrected next time we go NOB Beer
zenwoodle
zenwoodle
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic, but nobody seems to get it

Back to top Go down

Post by Pogo Wed Feb 18, 2015 4:50 pm

So what exactly is the meaning of "Saldo Amigo, Regalo, Sorpresa SMS." Please try to remember that some of us are here for the first time, speak no Spanish and have never had a cellphone here.

MexicoPete wrote:Remember that you do not loose your Saldo Amigo balance after the expiration date, but should you have built up a Regalo balance, you loose that.

$50 persos for one month is OK, but why not $100 or more for two months.
And should you have a screen on your cell phone, dial *133# and you will see  any balance you might have and the expiration date, to include Saldo Amigo, Regalo, Sorpresa SMS etc

Pogo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by RVGRINGO Wed Feb 18, 2015 5:29 pm

Saldo = Balance remaining
Amigo = friend and is the name of your plan
Regalo = Gift, or free minutes
SMS = ?????

RVGRINGO
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Wed Feb 18, 2015 5:35 pm

SMS = Short Message Service......i.e. Text messages
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Mainecoons Wed Feb 18, 2015 5:50 pm

We have a basic call and answer "Amigo Plan" phone. We put 100 pesos on it every two months and never seem to run out of minutes. The phone was cheap too.

Compared to NOB cell phones here are a screaming bargain IMO. For like $7.50 per month we have a phone that is there when we need it and useful in calling others with cell phones.

The new changes just make it an even bigger bargain IMO.
Mainecoons
Mainecoons
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Mad Magazine

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2