INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Neighborhood Watch

+2
simpsca
oncesubtle
6 posters

Go down

Neighborhood Watch Empty Neighborhood Watch

Post by oncesubtle Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:36 pm

So our housekeeper pops by about an hour ago to drop off some laundry and asks to use the phone because she wants to call the police. Waaaa? She goes on to explain that there is a suspicious looking fellow on a bike paying too much attention to the parked cars down the street and 'he does not live in this neighborhood.' So I hand her the phone, she dials the police and describes the guy and his bike: black pants, green shirt, 20 something on a black bicycle and his location on 5 de Mayo. Sure enough, half hour later a police pick up arrives at the station with the guy handcuffed in the back and his bike. I guess the neighborhood watch program is working.

Last edited by oncesubtle on Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:37 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : correct typo)
oncesubtle
oncesubtle

Humor : After 2nd cup of coffee

Back to top Go down

Neighborhood Watch Empty Re: Neighborhood Watch

Post by simpsca Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:11 pm

Yeah! and good for your housekeeper. I wish we had neighborhood watch out here in SJC.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:46 pm

I don't care what anyone says about the Chapala Policia, they always seem to get their man. There was that other post this morning about the gunman in the plaza and sure enough they got those guys as well. It would seem that just about every crime I have read about on this forum, within days (and usually minutes or hours) they have caught the perps. I only wish they were as efficient here in Vancouver.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:51 pm

In Ajijic we fear for the safety of our belongings so feel the need to engage house sitters when we head for Chiapas as we do semi-annually. In San Cristóbal de Las Casas it is general community knowledge that the cops are at best worthless and at worst dangerous thieves and roustabouts and so,for many years before we settled here, locals in our Chiapas barrio took care of themselves and, by implication, their neighbors. These days, we know without hesitation, that our San Cristóbal neighbors in the poor barrio of El Cerrillo where we maintain a house, will not only observe our property meticulously in our absence but will beat the sh*t out of any thief who transgresses there. Our "gringo " neighbors at Lakeside are, typically of Americans and Canadians residing hereabouts, slow to call to action. Our Chiapas neighbors will whip the miscreant´s ass to the point he is begging for the police to salvage what´s left of his butt; our Lakeside neighbors will hide under the nearest rug until the dust has settled. Give me Chiapas any day even considering Sub-Comandante Marcos´ new philosophical musings as published in today´s Chiapas press.
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:17 am

Yeah, the retired people in the Ajijic area would be really good tackling a 20 year old thug, wrestling him to the ground & whipping him within an inch of his life. I know I could. Rolling Eyes

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Demonio Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:50 pm

When I lived in God's waiting room I met a number of old farts who wouldn't be afraid to take on a young punk if necessary. One 80+ crazy nut got robbed and beaten by two such assholes. The police wouldn't do anything despite knowing the identity of the pucks. The old guy asked me if I'd go kick their asses, AND THAT HE WOULD HELP!!! I passed since it wasn't my fight.

No matter where you live, you've got to be willing and able to stand up for yourself - if not then don't complain.
Demonio
Demonio
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : None

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down