INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Watch where you park.

+6
Clueless
Luisa
Trailrunner
Zedinmexico
slainte39
Nosnow
10 posters

Go down

Watch where you park. Empty Watch where you park.

Post by Nosnow Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:38 pm

This morning we parked our small car on the street around from Superlake, left side of the street, just down from the post office. We parked in front of a quite modern building, not a garage. Someone wantonly "keyed" our car in long, deliberate deep scratches.
Just be careful.

Nosnow
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Watch where you park. Empty Re: Watch where you park.

Post by slainte39 Mon Feb 15, 2016 11:43 pm

What post office? You mean Ishop?
Probably that idiot who hangs out around that area that offers to cover scratches with some scratch remedy polish.  He has been doing that for years trying to get "business".
Best thing to do if you see him there, is have someone stay with the car if possible or if alone just come back at another time.  It's aggravating and frustrating but there isn't any other solution to him at the present time.
A small time, mentally retarded, pendejo.
I asked him once what he would charge not to scratch the car and if he would give a discount from the price he charges for repairing the scratch.  He said no, it would cost more.  That's when I knew he was un idiota y tonto de capirote.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Tue Feb 16, 2016 7:31 am

Our little Micra got the same thing. Just don't park in that location folks and let Poncho and other shop owners know. I don't go there anymore unless I walk and that's my solution to the problem.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Tue Feb 16, 2016 8:42 am

slainte39 wrote:What post office? You mean Ishop?
Probably that idiot who hangs out around that area that offers to cover scratches with some scratch remedy polish.  He has been doing that for years trying to get "business".
Best thing to do if you see him there, is have someone stay with the car if possible or if alone just come back at another time.  It's aggravating and frustrating but there isn't any other solution to him at the present time.
A small time, mentally retarded, pendejo.
I asked him once what he would charge not to scratch the car and if he would give a discount from the price he charges for repairing the scratch.  He said no, it would cost more.  That's when I knew he was un idiota y tonto de capirote.

If that's the right location, that's who I thought of immediately too. The curly haired kid.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Luisa Tue Feb 16, 2016 8:56 am

Zedinmexico wrote:Our little Micra got the same thing. Just don't park in that location folks and let Poncho and other shop owners know.  I don't go there anymore unless I walk and that's my solution to the problem.

Z

I'm sorry that this happened to you, but Pancho has absolutely no control over what happens on a public street away from his business. I agree that the curly-headed kid came to my mind too. Is it possible that you were blocking a driveway on the other side of the street?

Luisa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Tue Feb 16, 2016 9:41 am

Luisa wrote:
Zedinmexico wrote:Our little Micra got the same thing. Just don't park in that location folks and let Poncho and other shop owners know.  I don't go there anymore unless I walk and that's my solution to the problem.

Z

I'm sorry that this happened to you, but Pancho has absolutely no control over what happens on a public street away from his business. I agree that the curly-headed kid came to my mind too. Is it possible that you were blocking a driveway on the other side of the street?

You are correct, and everybody knows about him.  He just floats around the area and he knows when someone is watching him, or not.  Hard to catch as he can walk between or beside vehicles with the sharp object almost hidden.  You would have to be there with a camera and a couple of witnesses at the moment and that is not likely going to happen.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Clueless Tue Feb 16, 2016 9:46 am

"You would have to be there with a camera and a couple of witnesses at the moment and that is not likely going to happen."

And if you do get it on camera and w/witnesses, then what? Spend a couple of hours at the M.P. office filing a denucia against an unknown person? Getting the "Defectives" to investigate?

Part of the overhead of living here.

IMO

Clueless
Clueless
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Tue Feb 16, 2016 9:57 am

There doesn't need to be a rational explanation of why a car gets keyed.
Some people are simply spiteful and get personal gratification from doing damage.
Same thing happened to my car, parked on a street in a legal spot blocking nobody. Senor Curlyhead happened to be hanging around the area at the time (coincidence?) on the pretext of washing cars. The neighbors managed to chase him away after a while.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Tue Feb 16, 2016 10:06 am

Clueless wrote:"You would have to be there with a camera and a couple of witnesses at the moment and that is not likely going to happen."

And if you do get it on camera and w/witnesses, then what? Spend a couple of hours at the M.P. office filing a denucia against an unknown person? Getting the "Defectives" to investigate?

Part of the overhead of living here.

IMO

No argument from me.  What I said was almost tongue in cheek as a remedy. 
Didn't intend on having you become so serious, clueless.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Tue Feb 16, 2016 10:14 am

Just curious,does he only target cars owned by gringos?
I don't think he'd last too long in Guadalajara pulling that crap.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Tue Feb 16, 2016 10:27 am

viajero wrote:Just curious,does he only target cars owned by gringos?

No, but he does hang out where a lot of greenhorn gringos frequent and shop.
He got the pickup of my yerno, who was born, bread, and buttered in Mexico.....and other Mexicans as well.  That's where he is getting into risky territory, but the hammer hasn't dropped yet because he does it infrequently (to Mexicans) and therefore hasn't suffered the consequences.
It's just not worth the effort to take him out over a scratched vehicle.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Tue Feb 16, 2016 10:34 am

No MP needed as it is a crime in flagrancia the police can be called and he can be arrested on the spot.
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Barbed wit

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Tue Feb 16, 2016 10:39 am

David,I wasn't suggesting that he be taken out,just that a habitual keyer wouldn't be put up with around here. Very Happy

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Tue Feb 16, 2016 10:48 am

Not without proof, and he's quite street smart.
He has a long history of this kind of thing and he probably targets cars of people who refuse his car wash. He's a bad kid, everybody knows him, comes from bad family was raised like a dog, and the cops know his MO. If he washes a car or 2 in a day, he gets to eat that day. Body work is very affordable here.
He does need either an ass kicking or a roust by the cops and a day or 2 in jail, though, to cool his jets for awhile.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by RVGRINGO Tue Feb 16, 2016 2:28 pm

We have known him since he was a very little kid, who should have been aborted. Maybe it is not too late.

RVGRINGO
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Tue Feb 16, 2016 2:47 pm

LOLOL RV!
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Luisa Tue Feb 16, 2016 5:54 pm

He's really an argument for parking where real car washers hang out--they know he's bad for business. I'm a regular at Superlake and they know I will tip them and occasionally have them wash the car, or at least the windows. When I'm at a new place and there's a car parker I'll tip him "para securidad" and I'll point to my eyes. I'd much rather pay these guys in tips than suffer break ins.

Luisa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down