INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The students were burned alive

+24
arbon
Trailrunner
Intercasa
techy1
sparks
Traveller
Ricardo
viajero
dogperson
Explorador
Lady Otter Latté
pamarie
kipissippi
addtocart
CanuckBob
Smartalex
halcon
slainte39
confused
Oldyfeliz
Jim W
espíritu del lago
Ms.Thang
brigitte
28 posters

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

The students were burned alive - Page 6 Empty Re: The students were burned alive

Post by viajero Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:35 pm

Pedro wrote:
and stop me if i is wrong but one can even get a licence as a building contractor if ya graduated from kindergarten. -no? just pay a gummint agency and there ya go. ya probly only gotta sign with an X.
Yes,you're wrong....again.
When I got my General Contractors license in California in 1985 you had to prove that you had been working in the trades at a supervisory level for a number of years,the test was a two day affair, half about building codes and construction methods and half about safety and business law.In the auditorium where the test was held they had people walking the aisles to make sure no one was cheating,maybe they're more lax where you're from.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

The students were burned alive - Page 6 Empty Re: The students were burned alive

Post by Pedro Sun Feb 01, 2015 2:17 pm

viajero wrote:
Pedro wrote:
and stop me if i is wrong but one can even get a licence as a building contractor if ya graduated from kindergarten. -no? just pay a gummint agency and there ya go. ya probly only gotta sign with an X.
Yes,you're wrong....again.
When I got my General Contractors license in California in 1985 you had to prove that you had been working in the trades at a supervisory level for a number of years,the test was a two day affair, half about building codes and construction methods and half about safety and business law.In the auditorium where the test was held they had people walking the aisles to make sure no one was cheating,maybe they're more lax where you're from.
yes you are wrong again in saying i am wrong again-the criteria for a california [b] license which is what you claim to have does not require an education. did you sign with a n X?
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Sun Feb 01, 2015 2:19 pm

by the way arbone with his engineering degree builds excellent chicken coups as i understand.
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sun Feb 01, 2015 2:32 pm

Pedro wrote:by the way arbone with his engineering degree builds excellent chicken coups as i understand.

Is a "chicken coup" when the chickens take over government of the farm? Very Happy

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Sun Feb 01, 2015 2:36 pm

yes-that's what happens when they escape the coop
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Smartalex Mon Feb 02, 2015 4:47 pm

CanuckBob wrote:
Everyone knows that a couple of you have had a "hard on" for Spencer for quite some time. Taking umbrage with a sarcastic comment and bringing up shit that he posted years ago is petty and vindictive IMO. And you are fully aware of what some Mexican "politicians" are capable of. Blowing something up near a hospital is mild compared to some of their escapades. Go spend some time reading the archives of Borderland Beat. It might cure your naivety.......jaja.

So let's take a look at how Borderland Beat is covering the Iguala massacre. For instance, in today's BB there is a story titled "EPN says 'case closed,' but Normalista Parents on the way to the United Nations." The story goes on to say, "Mexico’s attorney general may have considered the normalistas case closed, as he proclaimed last week, but it appears no one is listening."

This is a lie. It is not just a mistake or the result of simple confusion on the part of the writer...it is an outright lie. As reported earlier in this thread, the attorney general was very clear in his remarks: The investigation remains open. There are a number of fugitives still being sought. And results of further DNA analysis at the University of Innsbruck in Austria are expected to take another three months to complete.

In an effort to, once again, set the record straight, Mexican interior secretary Osorio Chong stated at a press conference last week that this investigation remains open. He went on to say that a number of people have aligned themselves with the parents of the students in order to further their own agenda.

So what is their agenda? And why does BB cooperate in promoting it? How truthful is the reportage at BB? These are simple questions that readers of BB (and I read it every day) should ask themselves.
Smartalex
Smartalex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:53 pm

Their agenda is promoting the number of readers.
I am not an advocate of the government's information releases, but also realize that Borderland Beat is the real Faux News.
They are not Bernstein and Woodward....more like Andrew Breitbart.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Ricardo Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:50 am

The Attorney General has definitely stated that the question is settled as to how the students died and how their bodies were disposed of, which explanation is not accepted by a lot of people with scientific credentials.

Ricardo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Smartalex Tue Feb 03, 2015 12:19 pm

Ricardo wrote:The Attorney General has definitely stated that the question is settled as to how the students died and how their bodies were disposed of, which explanation is not accepted by a lot of people with scientific credentials.

I wouldn't characterize the opinion of two researchers from UNAM as "a lot of people with scientific credentials." And, considering the long-standing adversarial relationship between the university and the government, I wouldn't consider their opinion as unbiased either. This is pure speculation on their part and defies the testimony of eyewitnesses and DNA analysis.
Smartalex
Smartalex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Tue Feb 03, 2015 1:40 pm

slainte39 wrote:Their agenda is promoting the number of readers.
I am not an advocate of the government's information releases, but also realize that Borderland Beat is the real Faux News.
They are not Bernstein and Woodward....more like Andrew Breitbart.
Well,since CBob suggested that I check it out in order to lose some of my naivete regarding how things are down here,I did, and this is my opinion;It's like a gringo version of La Policiaca or La Alerta, with political bias thrown in,the idiocy found in many of the commentaries to  their reports says something about their readership.
Not to mention the fact that BB's publication of videos submitted by cartel thugs of people being decapitated and other atrocities is disgusting and serves no good purpose that I can think of..
There are much better sources for news about Mexico,but most of those require some knowledge of Spanish..

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Tue Feb 03, 2015 2:43 pm

Smartalex wrote:
Ricardo wrote:The Attorney General has definitely stated that the question is settled as to how the students died and how their bodies were disposed of, which explanation is not accepted by a lot of people with scientific credentials.

I wouldn't characterize the opinion of two researchers from UNAM as "a lot of people with scientific credentials." And, considering the long-standing adversarial relationship between the university and the government, I wouldn't consider their opinion as unbiased either. This is pure speculation on their part and defies the testimony of eyewitnesses and DNA analysis.
and of course the gummint spinners have no bias whatsoever-SNORK!
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Tue Feb 03, 2015 3:04 pm

what eyewitnesses?? People under torture can say a ot of things..

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Tue Feb 03, 2015 3:07 pm

what eyewitnesses?? People under torture can say a ot of things..

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by arbon Tue Feb 03, 2015 5:53 pm

brigitte wrote:what eyewitnesses?? People under torture can say a ot of things..

brigitte wrote:what eyewitnesses?? People under torture can say a ot of things..

Like when you were poor and forced to eat English food. Eh

arbon
arbon
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Humour

Back to top Go down

Post by Ricardo Tue Feb 03, 2015 6:53 pm

Smartalex wrote:

The same Argentine forensic scientists that were called in to oversee the investigation and who identified the only victim to be identified so far have said all along that they doubt the bodies were burned at the Cocula site and that the only thing they know about where the one identified bone was found is what the PGR told them. They reiterated this within the last few days.

http://www.eluniversal.com.mx/nacion-mexico/2015/peritos-argentinos-dudan-de-muerte-de-los-43-en-basurero-1071661.html

Ricardo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Smartalex Tue Feb 03, 2015 11:04 pm

Ricardo wrote:
Smartalex wrote:

The same Argentine forensic scientists that were called in to oversee the investigation and who identified the only victim to be identified so far have said all along that they doubt the bodies were burned at the Cocula site and that the only thing they know about where the one identified bone was found is what the PGR told them. They reiterated this within the last few days.

http://www.eluniversal.com.mx/nacion-mexico/2015/peritos-argentinos-dudan-de-muerte-de-los-43-en-basurero-1071661.html

This is another example of bad journalism. In this case the headline doesn't match the story. The headline says that the Argentines "doubt" that the students were killed in the garbage dump. However, as quoted in the story, the Argentine forensics investigators actually said that they could not conclude that the students were killed in the garbage dump with "scientific certainty." They explained that the government had reached their decision by considering the testimony of eyewitnesses in addition to the scientific evidence and that the scientific evidence alone was inconclusive.

The black bag from the river was recovered by divers and delivered to the Argentine forensics investigators by the PGR. Evidence is discovered by investigators and delivered to laboratories all day long all over the world. I haven't seen or read anything that indicates that the bag was tampered with.

This event is being investigated by a number of well-respected national and international human rights organizations. I am holding back my judgment until I see what they have to say.

Smartalex
Smartalex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Smartalex Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:23 am

I'm surprised none of you conspiracy buffs have brought up the subject of the Tlatlaya massacre. Last June, a Mexican military operation against supposed narco traffickers resulted in the deaths of 22 people, 15 of whom were apparently executed following their surrender. A coverup was later exposed by the press, which led to an investigation by the Mexican human rights commission, which led to the arrest of eight military personnel. Here's some background info and an update.

Mexico’s Human Rights Commission: soldiers killed 15 civilians in Tlatlaya
http://elpais.com/elpais/2014/10/22/inenglish/1414000235_829952.html

Soldiers executed civilians with their own weapons in Tlatlaya: CNDH
http://www.eluniversal.com.mx/in-english/2015/soldiers-tlatlaya-cndh-100126.html
Smartalex
Smartalex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:00 am

The Tlatlaya massacre was done by the army, there is no controversy about that now but there are still a whole lot not explained or understood about the 43 missing students.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:42 am

brigitte wrote:The Tlatlaya massacre was done by the army, there is no controversy about that now but there are still a whole lot not explained or understood about the 43 missing students.
yes, by the army-so what conspiracy theory would the resident alleged journalist expect?

personally,i don't consider the 43 students missing anymore,as far as i am concerned -they are dead.
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:15 am

yes they are dead and the parents and other students know that but they want to consider them missing until they figure what really happened and until justice is done so we may hear about missing students for a long while..

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:37 am

A lot of people have been arrested in connection with the Iguala case,including the mayor and his wife,the chief of police is a fugitive.What exactly is the controversy,hasn't the motive behind the crime been established and the main perpetrators arrested?

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:46 am

The parents and students are not buying the official version so that is the controversy . They will continue until they are satisfied that the official story is correct.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:49 am

brigitte wrote:The parents and students are not buying the official version so that is the controversy . They will continue until they are satisfied that the official story is correct.
What do they believe happened?

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:15 am

Who knows...

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:19 am

viajero wrote:
brigitte wrote:The parents and students are not buying the official version so that is the controversy . They will continue until they are satisfied that the official story is correct.
What do they believe happened?

So should the mayor and his wife and all the others arrested be released until the official story is correct?....as it puts doubt about their involvement.  Rolling Eyes
If they wait for the confession of the army, EPN, Obama, and Putin.....justice will never be served.
Every year, hundreds of people are released from prison in the US for crimes they didn't commit, so even in that country that so many here believe is the epitome of justice, mistakes occur.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:36 am

I do not believe for one second that the families doubt the Mayor and his wife were involved they just beieve there is more to the story .

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next