INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futbol playoffs

+8
joyfull
Zedinmexico
windrider17
TrueBrit
Pedro
CanuckBob
Mainecoons
zenwoodle
12 posters

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Futbol playoffs - Page 3 Empty Re: Futbol playoffs

Post by zenwoodle Sun May 18, 2014 8:09 pm

This is fantastic. When I have more info on the finals I (or Phil) will post here.
Go Union Ajijic.  Beer 

zenwoodle
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueBrit Sun May 18, 2014 10:01 pm

There is a meeting in Guadalajara tomorrow. If we play Vallarta, we have an expensive journey facing us. But we play the 1st leg in Vallarta and the second leg (where we hoist the cup) here in Ajijic. Because La Barca was the number one team, we would play the 1st leg in Ajijic and our victory would have to be at an away game.
As soon as I know anything I will post here.
I have uploaded the photos of todays game on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/groups/unionajijic/) There are two sections; on of the game itself (40 photos) and one before and after the game (including a very handsome section of the crowd). I will let the collective humility of InsideLakeside decide which foto that is.

TrueBrit
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mainecoons Mon May 19, 2014 7:31 am

I'm getting an error message "link broken" when I try to look at the photos.

So we still don't know who won the other playoff, La Barca or Vallarta?

Mainecoons
Mainecoons
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Mad Magazine

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Mon May 19, 2014 7:49 am

The "/)" at the end of the link are causing the problem. Fact is that even with the correct link, you still have to sign on to Facebook and for many of that simply isn't going to happen!

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mainecoons Mon May 19, 2014 8:30 am

Thanks CG. I agree, I won't use Facebook for reasons of personal security. TrueBrit, any chance these could be put on a photo hosting site? You did take a lot of neat pictures at the game and it would be fun for some of the folks who weren't there to see them.

Mainecoons
Mainecoons
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Mon May 19, 2014 8:38 am

TrueBrit wrote:There is a meeting in Guadalajara tomorrow.  If we play Vallarta, we have an expensive journey facing us.  But we play the 1st leg in Vallarta and the second leg (where we hoist the cup) here in Ajijic.  Because La Barca was the number one team, we would play the 1st leg in Ajijic and our victory would have to be at an away game.
I have uploaded the photos of todays game on Facebook  https://www.facebook.com/groups/unionajijic/)  There are two sections; on of the game itself (40 photos) and one before and after the game (including a very handsome section of the crowd).  I will let the collective humility of InsideLakeside decide which foto that is.

I am hoping for La Barca since it is a lot closer than Vallarta. Either way though, a road trip for the fans may be in order. Who would be interested?

CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueBrit Mon May 19, 2014 12:22 pm

When Flickr lets me in to my own account, I will put them there and send a link. I just posted something about one of the players. All seemed to go well (it was a bit lengthy and had a photo) - but it seems to be missing. I will try again (always the long posts that go AWOL), but let me know if there is something I need to check.

TrueBrit
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Mon May 19, 2014 12:26 pm

Good luck with Flickr. Like everything else owned/run by Yahoo, it is a mess!

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueBrit Mon May 19, 2014 12:44 pm

It told me my YahooID was something like '1ab578eDj0084...etc.' and they are removing the ability to sign-in via Google or FaceBook.
I will not let them beat me - hopefully fotos will be forthcoming.

TrueBrit
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Mon May 19, 2014 12:50 pm

Well they beat me and I had to upload over 13,000 photos to a different site. And I was foolish enough to be paying them extra for a premium service! Just for spite, I went into Flickr and deleted every photo I already had on that site.

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueBrit Mon May 19, 2014 1:27 pm

I am not sure if you noticed yesterday, but our central defender, Ricardo "Yeye" Sanchez had to be carried off the field for the second week running due to knee problems.  He didn't play in Tepic, hoping that the rest would be enough to recuperate the knee.  Turned out it wasn't and he was obviously playing in a lot of pain during the game.  Well last night he posted on FB a photo of himself in the doctor's office with an ankle to thigh cast.  He is going to be immobile for about a month.  He is obviously gutted about missing the final.

Yeye has been with the team the longest quietly leading it from the back. Chuki may get the publicity, but Yeye is the most respected player on the team as far as the other kids go.  He is a great kid too.  Gracious, respectful and kind.  He has had his share of tragedy too.  I added in the image below a picture he posted on FaceBook a couple of weeks ago.  It is of him and his dad. Yeye's post was to commemorate his memory on the anniversary of his senseless death.  His dad was one of the murdered kidnap victims from May 2012.  I reproduced his comments on the image with my translation.  The tragic loss of his father has led to tough financial times for his family.
I would like for us to pay for his doctor's visit from our Union Ajijic IL reserve.  If anyome wants to make a special contribution for this, I will just top up the funds.  DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY OBJECTION TO THIS?  I know this is not the usual 'training equipment/ team transport costs, etc.' and if a majority think this might cause a dangerous precedent, then of course I will not pursue it via InsideLakeside.  But as a distant part of his extended family, I think it would be a nice thing to do.  I am trying to get in touch with his family right now.

His team mates are trying to keep his spirits up; it would be nice to make a contribution to this show of support.

Futbol playoffs - Page 3 Yeye12

TrueBrit
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Mon May 19, 2014 1:33 pm

I don't have any problems with that Phil.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueBrit Mon May 19, 2014 1:54 pm

I have just spoke to Yeye and it turns out that Ramon, the gentleman in the photo helping carry him off, took him to the doctor and paid his bill (I think...Yeye told me his family didn't pay anything as far as he knows). Now I do not know if Ramon is family, some rich uncle, or whether he will be reimbursed by the patronato, or what. So I need to talk to Ramon to make sure this gesture did not fall on just one pair of shoulders.

TrueBrit
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueBrit Mon May 19, 2014 1:55 pm

I also just found out that we are playing Vallarta, but the times are not known. The good thing with Vallarta is that we play the final game in Ajijic.

TrueBrit
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueBrit Mon May 19, 2014 2:24 pm

I have the photos from yesterday's game...
hopefully this link will have something to do with you being able to see them...
Flickr album UA vs Tepic

TrueBrit
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by zenwoodle Mon May 19, 2014 2:39 pm

Do what needs to be done, Phil.
I hope he can still travel with the team for support.
Any estimate yet for transportation costs?  Beer 
zenwoodle
zenwoodle
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic, but nobody seems to get it

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Mon May 19, 2014 2:39 pm

Is the game in Vallarta next Sunday?
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mainecoons Mon May 19, 2014 2:44 pm

CanuckBob wrote:
TrueBrit wrote:There is a meeting in Guadalajara tomorrow.  If we play Vallarta, we have an expensive journey facing us.  But we play the 1st leg in Vallarta and the second leg (where we hoist the cup) here in Ajijic.  Because La Barca was the number one team, we would play the 1st leg in Ajijic and our victory would have to be at an away game.
I have uploaded the photos of todays game on Facebook  https://www.facebook.com/groups/unionajijic/)  There are two sections; on of the game itself (40 photos) and one before and after the game (including a very handsome section of the crowd).  I will let the collective humility of InsideLakeside decide which foto that is.

I am hoping for La Barca since it is a lot closer than Vallarta. Either way though, a road trip for the fans may be in order. Who would be interested?

Me for certain. Are we going to get another bus? If so you can put me in for a 1000 pesos. Or will car pool. We don't have much time on this do we? Will the next game be on Thursday or will we have a little more time?

Last edited by Mainecoons on Mon May 19, 2014 2:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mainecoons
Mainecoons
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by zenwoodle Mon May 19, 2014 2:46 pm

A posting in the Facebook page said Thursday for the PV game.
Stay tuned.  Beer 
zenwoodle
zenwoodle
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueBrit Mon May 19, 2014 3:17 pm

Re: Yeye... as part of the meeting in Guad with the league to determine where and when we play , Bebe is going to find out if we can get reimbursement from the league's insurance to cover Yeye's treatment.

TrueBrit
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueBrit Mon May 19, 2014 3:21 pm

Ivan, I just checked in Webster's latest version for the definition of 'pity'.  For the definition that covers the definition as 'an unfortunate chance', the example given is 'What a pity Ivan can't be here for these football games

TrueBrit
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by zenwoodle Mon May 19, 2014 4:01 pm

TrueBrit wrote:Ivan, I just checked in Webster's latest version for the definition of 'pity'.  For the definition that covers the definition as 'an unfortunate chance', the example given is 'What a pity Ivan can't be here for these football games
Yeah, go ahead, rub it in.
I still want to know why I can't get the game on TV NOB.
Do you think IL would spring for return airfare for the final game.
With my luck, our daughter would drop the kid while I was down in Ajijic.
Then I would really be in trouble.  Beer Beer
zenwoodle
zenwoodle
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mainecoons Mon May 19, 2014 4:06 pm

Wow, we really don't have much time to put together the road trip, eh?

I've told everyone not to count on me for Thursday.

Dan
Mainecoons
Mainecoons
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueBrit Mon May 19, 2014 5:43 pm

Cesar, one of my students in my English class, is the brother in law of Ricardo, the partner in Rafa's metalwork business. Bebe in the meeting in Guad told Rafa who told Ricardo who told Cesar who told me (and now I am telling you) that.... damn, I've forgotten already..... he said that the game could be in Vallarta on Wednesday or Thursday and that they are planning to host Vallarta in Ajijic next Sunday.
This story has all the validity of the average new reports here.

TrueBrit
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueBrit Mon May 19, 2014 7:13 pm

THE REAL SITUATION

I saw Gio in my street and he gave me the official info...

The first game will be in Puerto Vallarta this Saturday (24th) at noon. They are planning on leaving the night before. The field is about 20 minutes outside of PV.
The next game will be 8 days later on Sunday (June 1) at 5pm here in wonderful Ajijic.
Chuki has been suspended for 3 games for aggressive behavior. Yeye will be unavailable. Guero, the player who was chopped in the penalty area that led to the second penalty and had to be carried off, is reported to be ok. The supporters are reported to be as handsome as ever.

TrueBrit
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mainecoons Mon May 19, 2014 7:42 pm

OK, how about setting up some car pools for fans. It is easy to get to the field at noon leaving on Saturday morning from here. Don't really want to go the night before.

20 minutes outside of PV in which direction?

A little surprised they don't just do the early bus thing again. Where are all these guys going to stay overnight?

Mainecoons
Mainecoons
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next