INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

barriers in la floresta

+26
elizabeth63
arbon
lunateak
CanuckBob
Pogo
slainte39
Seventyseven
CHILLIN
martygraw
Ms.Thang
Pedro
DolceVita
Intercasa
zenwoodle
zdogs
oncesubtle
kipissippi
viajero
gringal
Gamina
Trailrunner
Mainecoons
Papercut
Lady Otter Latté
itsme
hickton
30 posters

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

barriers in la floresta Empty barriers in la floresta

Post by hickton Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:19 pm

just seen they have put up barriers on camino real and ramon corona san Antonio.they arent working yet. they are positioned on revolucion and100 yds west of the water treatment place on ramon corona. I am sure this is not legal , its a public road , has been for 100 years or more. who has authorized this ? I have seen comments on tob who want this, but as I have been suspended , i cant ask the know alls on there. anyone one here know anything?

hickton
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

barriers in la floresta Empty Re: barriers in la floresta

Post by itsme Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:47 pm

As long as they are kept open during the day as it is a main east - west road, I do not think there is much usage at night. Probably would keep both Ajijic and San Antonio safer as well as La Floresta.

itsme
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:00 pm

I use that road regularly, day and night. I have often seen police vehicles using it--especially at night. I hope whoever is doing this has permits.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by Papercut Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:46 am

You are complaining about added security after what happened... ? barriers in la floresta 661816
Papercut
Papercut

Back to top Go down

Post by hickton Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:16 am

yes . one I believe its a public road
two, who has been consulted ?
three, there are many other roads leading from the carretera into floresta , why only barriers on this stretch ? makes no sense
four, barriers wouldn't have made any difference to the tragedy that happened
five, what are or will be rules of entering and leaving ? I am not a resident of la floresta but live very close to the barrier near the water treatment plant, id required ??
six, who has actually done this ?? with whose permission?
its way over the top, will it be constantly manned ??
anyone know ?

hickton
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mainecoons Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:43 am

These are all good questions. I wondered how they could close Camino Real, it looks like it has connected San Antonio and Ajijic for a long time, probably before the carretera?

Mainecoons
Mainecoons
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Mad Magazine

Back to top Go down

Post by hickton Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:49 am

yes definitely much older. saw fotos on here or tob sometime ago. was the only road to Chapala. horse and cart job..were interesting fotos.think that's why in the centre of the road the cobbles have been laid differently to accommodate the width of the carriage wheels.

hickton
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:32 am

hickton wrote:yes . one I believe its a public road
       two, who has been consulted ?
       three, there are many other roads leading from the carretera into floresta , why only barriers on this stretch ? makes no sense
       four, barriers wouldn't have made any difference to the tragedy that happened
       five, what are or will be rules of entering and leaving ? I am not a resident of la floresta but live very close to the barrier near the water treatment plant, id required ??
        six, who has actually done this ?? with whose permission?
its way over the top, will it be constantly manned ??
anyone know ?

Excellent questions and points, Hickton, especially #4.
I think it will turn out to be the usual knee-jerk reaction and will last about as long as those Botts' dots last on the carretera - until unknown parties dismantle it in the wee hours of the night.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Gamina Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:52 am

What about the Hotel and free access to it? There would have to be too many barriers to be of any use. And who pays for the barriers? If LF can't get people to pay their colonia fees, do they think residents will pay for the multitude of barriers.
Gamina
Gamina
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hickton Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:43 pm

Papercut wrote:You are complaining about added security after what happened... ? barriers in la floresta 661816
Deleted. I have clearly explained my points . whats yours ?  razberry

hickton
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Papercut Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:00 pm

Deleted

Hickton, we are talking about the violent murders of two senior citizens... !

Deleted

... Just a thought ! barriers in la floresta 477249
Papercut
Papercut

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:10 pm

Most people are looking for real solutions to security, not the TSA equivalent of having everyone take off their shoes and feel so safe.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:23 pm

Lady Otter Latté wrote:Most people are looking for real solutions to security, not the TSA equivalent of having everyone take off their shoes and feel so safe.

I doubt very much if street barriers in La Floresta would have in any way prevented those murders.  We're talking delusions of safety.
The only barriers that would make any difference would be those at gate guarded, fenced communities.  For those who want a greater feeling of security, it might make sense to move to one of them.  Otherwise, safety is a combination of common sense and the luck of the draw. 

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by hickton Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:25 pm

obviously you don't read or think before posting. what good does having barriers at both ends of one street, when perps can enter and leave by other streets? I have already stated that it was a tragic incident, but having barriers put up without consent or thought will not change anything, and as I previously stated the violent crime would not have been stopped by this method either. maybe papercut can explain the logic..

hickton
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:11 pm

gringal wrote: safety is a combination of common sense and the luck of the draw. 
Well said.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:18 pm

Ultimately, your safety is in your hands using common sense, self security and home security to minimize the bad guys' interest in you.  Walls, gates, and fences will inconvenience them but nothing more.

Back to top Go down

Post by itsme Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:24 pm

what good does having barriers at both ends of one street, when perps can enter and leave by other streets?

I would think that the other streets will be closed off as well and this is only the start. Upper La Floresta now has only one entrance day or night, and I believe they are putting barriers on the streets leading into lower La Floresta from the carreterra. La Floresta, upper and lower, has experienced many break-ins over the past year, year and a half, and this is probably in reaction to that.

I understand most houses in La Floresta are owned by Mexicans and they can probably work all problems out by themselves without the foreign community getting their knickers in a twist.  flag waver 

itsme
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Gamina Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:49 pm

There are many more entrances to lower LF than into upper LF and thus much more difficult to close off. What makes sense would be to have manned gates at each of 6 streets in lower LF, if my memory is correct. Houses in LF may or may not be owned by Mexicans, but many gringos rent in the area as well as own. I would guess the occupancy might be even.
Gamina
Gamina
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:57 pm

itsme wrote:what good does having barriers at both ends of one street, when perps can enter and leave by other streets?

I would think that the other streets will be closed off as well and this is only the start. Upper La Floresta now has only one entrance day or night, and I believe they are putting barriers on the streets leading into lower La Floresta from the carreterra.  La Floresta, upper and lower, has experienced many break-ins over the past year, year and a half, and this is probably in reaction to that.

I understand most houses in La Floresta are owned by Mexicans and they can probably work all problems out by themselves without the foreign community getting their knickers in a twist.  flag waver 

If La Floresta is a fracc. then the streets are public access and can only be blocked by the municipality. If it is a condo, the condo can have no more than one entrance/exit.

Back to top Go down

Post by hickton Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:34 am

I see they are painting them today. If they ever close them without security I for one will be reporting this to the police and chapala municipio. typical over reaction without any thought for others , and as I have previously, stated makes no sense at all. smells of gringoism !! whenever theres a murder in America or Canada do the residents suddenly barricade the streets ????

hickton
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:39 am

So, are these permanently closed barricades? Or are they to be manned by someone checking IDs and allowing residents in and out?

I use this thoroughfare regularly too. I'll give it a week.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hickton Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:48 am

no idea. who is responsible for erecting them ? why no consideration for others ? no details at all. plus the fact I am certain is a public highway...think a week is too long.. 24 hours and there maybe a nasty accident...

hickton
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:52 am

lol I like your time-frame better. Hope you're right.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by itsme Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:00 pm

What a bunch of busy bodies. I am willing to bet most of the naysayers don't live or even drive through there on a regular basis. I drive through that area almost every day, sometimes a few times a day. I do not have a problem with people trying to keep safe, and I do not think it will be closed during the day. I believe the board may be made up of mostly Mexicans, why do you think they do not think the same way as anyone else? Why must you always lay it at the feet of the foreign community? Who do you think made the decision to do this? Why don't you get the facts before getting hot under the collar? Why aren't you more incensed over the potential destruction of the malecon over in San Antonio? I understand that is Mexican doing also, in fact, only one couple doesn't like it and have no problem denying their fellows a place to take their families for simple, dinero free enjoyment. Why didn't you show up at their community meeting about this?  Use your energy wisely and positively, volunteer with one of the great charities down here, help out at Cruz Roja or at one of the orphanages, stop complaining, smile, be happy, you are in Paradise.  razberry

itsme
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hickton Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:07 pm

yes I live in the area.. very close. read my original post. its illegal to close this road .the malecon is a different subject and I agree if its to be destroyed its a farce, but honestly think that it wont happen.
in paradise ?? don't think you have been around a lot. its nice here but paradise ????

hickton
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next