INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FOOD FIGHT!

+7
Mainecoons
espíritu del lago
CanuckBob
islandiver
hound dog
ferret
bobnliz
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

FOOD FIGHT! Empty FOOD FIGHT!

Post by bobnliz Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:31 am

This morning the talking heads reported that Palin has begun a food fight with Michelle Obama over her program to fight obesity. On her Unreality in Alaska program Palin took the opportunity to blast the first lady for suggesting that dessert should not be one of the food groups.

Michelle has not graced her with a response. Yet. Lizzy
bobnliz
bobnliz
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : wry ans dry

Back to top Go down

FOOD FIGHT! Empty Re: FOOD FIGHT!

Post by ferret Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:48 am

Another example of Palin's stupidity. Yawn!
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:23 am

bobnliz wrote:This morning the talking heads reported that Palin has begun a food fight with Michelle Obama over her program to fight obesity. On her Unreality in Alaska program Palin took the opportunity to blast the first lady for suggesting that dessert should not be one of the food groups.

You may find this hard to believe bobliz but Dawg, a died-in-the-wool born and bred Alabama white boy liberal democrat redneck left Alabama circa 1966 in the immortal words of Chuck Berry from The Promised Land:

Left my home in Norfolk, Virginia, California on my mind,
We had motor trouble half way cross Alabam and that hound broke down and left us all stranded in Downtown Birmingham,
Straight off I bought me a ticket cross Mississippi clean and I was on that midnight flyer out of Birmingham smokin into New Orleans....

Operator, give me Norfolk, Virginia 29909 and tell the folks back there this is the promised land calling and the po´boy is on the line.

Of course, Chuck and Dawg were both heading for Santa Monica and by God, we ended up there only to find it was another craphole.
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by islandiver Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:13 pm

Ah must have been 40 days crossing the desert, before getting your just desserts, Eh.

islandiver
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:45 pm

islandiver wrote:Ah must have been 40 days crossing the desert, before getting your just desserts, Eh.

Aha! The "Eh." is a dead giveaway that a Canadian has joined the fray especially since there is no question mark following the "eh.".

Now, it happens islandiver, the Dawg is not Jewish so the 40 days or 40 years in the wilderness getting from Alabama to Santa Monica does not apply to the time it took Moses to get from Egypt to the Promised Land even though Dawg did have to cross West Texas which only seems to take 40 years but I do like the word play of crossing the deserts to get the just desserts which is clever enough for a Canadian, a folk not noted for amusing intellectual banter so here´s to you amigo. You must have some South Alabama ancestors who, though long dead, left you a genetic legacy of impertinent humor.
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:05 pm

LOL........You just earned yourself a star for that one Dawg. Eh!
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by bobnliz Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:54 pm

hound dog wrote:
bobnliz wrote:This morning the talking heads reported that Palin has begun a food fight with Michelle Obama over her program to fight obesity. On her Unreality in Alaska program Palin took the opportunity to blast the first lady for suggesting that dessert should not be one of the food groups.

You may find this hard to believe bobliz but Dawg, a died-in-the-wool born and bred Alabama white boy liberal democrat redneck left Alabama circa 1966 in the immortal words of Chuck Berry from The Promised Land:

Left my home in Norfolk, Virginia, California on my mind,
We had motor trouble half way cross Alabam and that hound broke down and left us all stranded in Downtown Birmingham,
Straight off I bought me a ticket cross Mississippi clean and I was on that midnight flyer out of Birmingham smokin into New Orleans....

Operator, give me Norfolk, Virginia 29909 and tell the folks back there this is the promised land calling and the po´boy is on the line.

Of course, Chuck and Dawg were both heading for Santa Monica and by God, we ended up there only to find it was another craphole.

And your point is??
Musta had something to do with Palin..... Mebbe the pale white boy to whom you referred??
I dunno Dawg, that's quite a stretch there, I think you may be trying too hard. Dead Horse Re-Lax, Dude. FOOD FIGHT! 169387 Lizzy
bobnliz
bobnliz
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by espíritu del lago Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:08 am

CanuckBob wrote:LOL........You just earned yourself a star for that one Dawg. Eh!

BRAVO lol! cheers Basta
espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic

Back to top Go down

Post by Mainecoons Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:01 am

Hmm, ain't Palin whose butt looks like it has stored too many desserts. Maybe some people should look in the mirror before they go around telling the country what to eat.

razberry
Mainecoons
Mainecoons
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Mad Magazine

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:05 am

The brief time I spent in Alaska as a taxi driver in Anchorage in the 70's the only dessert I ever saw anyone consume was a half-pint of peppermint schnapps after each meal.

Maybe that's what Palin was on about.
Peter
Peter
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Ironic

http://amigo.foroactivo.mx/

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:09 am

Oh-oh, looks like someone missed their morning teabag.
Peter
Peter
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by bobnliz Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:07 pm

That's 'cause they consumed a half-pint of peppermint schnapps instead. bounce Lizzy
bobnliz
bobnliz
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by bobnliz Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:15 pm

Peter wrote:The brief time I spent in Alaska as a taxi driver in Anchorage in the 70's the only dessert I ever saw anyone consume was a half-pint of peppermint schnapps after each meal.

Maybe that's what Palin was on about.

I dunno. She kept going on about how parents should be the ones to decide what their kids eat.
Seems to me the First Lady was speaking about the quality of the foods the children had to choose from. Very Happy Lizzy
bobnliz
bobnliz
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:25 pm

FOOD FIGHT! 851398 "I wanna HAPPY MEAL" "WAAAAAAAA"
"i WANNA TWINKIE" : " I HATE vegetables"

Kinda hard for moms to resist that commercial.

Any school cafeteria can provide a good "diabetic starter" menu.
In Mexico, the sweets are right in front of the school.
The Coca Cola Co. should occupy a deep place in Hell, IMO.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:15 pm

gringal wrote:

Any school cafeteria can provide a good "diabetic starter" menu.
In Mexico, the sweets are right in front of the school.
The Coca Cola Co. should occupy a deep place in Hell, IMO.

Mexico very much has a soda pop society. Ex-Prez Fox was a Coca-Cola executive, wasn't he? Any former Presidente of Mexico probably has a good start in that direction.

That is some serious stuff. If anybody were to take away their Coca they would have a war on their hands, a citizen uprising like no other in history. Beer
Peter
Peter
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mainecoons Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:22 pm

Yup and their Coca Cola has real sugar in it, not that fructose crap.

Not the job of the government to tell people what to eat or drink. Particularly the Federal government. Ain't in the Constitution.

Maybe the fact that Americans are the fattest people on earth and they have the most bloated government too are somehow connected.

We could start by making it socially deleterious to be a fat hog again. Maybe a little less social acceptance would help some folks stop stuffing their faces.

Mainecoons
Mainecoons
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Mad Magazine

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:33 pm

bobnliz wrote:That's 'cause they consumed a half-pint of peppermint schnapps instead. bounce Lizzy

Lizzy:

The nice thing about waking up and consuming peppermint schnapps is that you get to pass out by 10:00AM and wake up again soon enough to start all over which means some Baptist only gets one Thursday and you get at least two although you may not remember any of them which can be both a good and a bad thing.

Which reminds me of my favorite alzheimer jokes razberry razberry razberry :

The best thing about alzheimers is you get to make new friends every day.
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:53 pm

Mainecoons wrote:Yup and their Coca Cola has real sugar in it, not that fructose crap.

Not the job of the government to tell people what to eat or drink. Particularly the Federal government. Ain't in the Constitution.

Maybe the fact that Americans are the fattest people on earth and they have the most bloated government too are somehow connected.

We could start by making it socially deleterious to be a fat hog again. Maybe a little less social acceptance would help some folks stop stuffing their faces.

Now, now, MC; I suppose you are cognizant of the fact that Albuquerque, the town near which you reside, is the second most corpulent city in North American just after Memphis, Tennessee and that Mexico is the second most obese country on earth just after the United States which includes New Mexiso

Incidentally, the word "deleterious" implies an activity harmful or damaging to one´s person, not an activity resulting in social approbrium. Dawg is a big fat guy who spends about a month every year in France watching his skinny French relatives stuff their mouths with foodstuffs that would kill a moose and by the time I fly back from Paris to Mexico City after a month of consuming their splendid soft ripened cheeses and other French and North African delights I could use my own cargo hold but, nevertheless, I feel no less worthy of taking up my alloted space on the planet than those genetically gifted Frogs. Perhaps you need to learn to be more forgiving of others with a tendency to blossom into large pants at the drop of a spoon. razberry
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by bobnliz Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:12 pm

Well sugar is another one of those legal drugs that are very addictive. There's nothing like a captive audience. Rolling Eyes Lizzy
bobnliz
bobnliz
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by bobnliz Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:25 pm

Mainecoons wrote:Yup and their Coca Cola has real sugar in it, not that fructose crap.

Read This Very Slowly....

Michelle is not interested in legislating what they choose to eat.... she just believes they should have some healthy foods available if their parents wish them to eat a healthy school lunch. Dead Horse

Any problem with parents having a choice about what their kids eat?? Lizzy

Last edited by bobnliz on Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
bobnliz
bobnliz
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:30 pm

Being fat is okay if you don't mind looking at yourself in the mirror and it isn't making you sick; as in becoming diabetic or causing other health problems. When it does, it's time to decide whether it's worth face stuffing.

I don't like to see a mother giving her kids unlimited sweets, soft drinks and other fat-inducing food since that will most likely become a lifetime pattern.
Then there's the rotten teeth.

Legislating good eating isn't going to work: everybody knows what's good for them and what isn't. If they don't, they must have been living in a deep cave. It's a matter of not giving a damn. Some propaganda might help: seems to have cut down on the rate of smoking.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by bobnliz Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:34 pm

They went so far on THAT one that we do have legislation.... L
bobnliz
bobnliz
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Solovino Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:54 pm

Mainecoons wrote:

Not their job, huh? Then alcohol and weed and birth control should be available to kids, too. Legislating morality ain't in the Constitution.

Solovino
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:13 pm

Solovino wrote:
Mainecoons wrote:

Not their job, huh? Then alcohol and weed and birth control should be available to kids, too. Legislating morality ain't in the Constitution.

Not only weed and alcohol as I see it, but certainly birth control. God, I wish we had had birth control in 1956 when I tried to convince Betty Whetstine to allow me into her personal private realm down there in neverland. Maybe that was a sweeter place in my imagination than it was in reality but that is too fine a take on teenage indulgence to presume that and besides I never achieved that goal altough I may have had I had more assertiveness. I´ll bet today she´s just another fat old hog just as her mother was back then and who would want to get into those pants? .
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:54 pm

Yeah, and you're George Clooney. Rolling Eyes

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down