INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Children and behavior issues.

+12
hockables
oncesubtle
CheenaGringo
Hensley
raqueteer
martygraw
viajero
gringal
ferret
Zedinmexico
Solovino
Parker
16 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Children and behavior issues. - Page 3 Empty Re: Children and behavior issues.

Post by Hensley Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:22 am

We all have choices and some of us choose not to like kids, some of us have our personal reasons. We still have very good lives.
I have said in the past I was going to adopt a teenager, send them to college and there is my kid, never happened too busy with my career. Wouldn't of been fair to a child anyway, my lifestyle.

I don't know how many parents I have come in contact with here that their kids have disowned them, it is really a shame, so why bother.

Hensley
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mainecoons Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:25 am

CheenaGringo wrote:Since it was my open ended statement on another topic that appears to have been the trigger for this, maybe it is time for me to chime in. From the various comments, it appears that restaurants and airplanes are two critical points. For those of us born in say the late 30's to early 50's, airplane travel, steamship travel, hotels and restaurants were a far different picture! Airplane travel was somewhat of a privilege and wasn't something that people took for granted. I don't think I ever boarded a plane with my parents when I wasn't wearing a tie and sportcoat. I include domestic flights on DC3's in various countries and longer international flights on various flavors of prop planes. When we traveled on ocean liners, one always dressed for dinner but looking like a slob the rest of the day wasn't tolerated. With the exception of the US, it was always hotels since the motel concept was fairly limited back in those days. Again with the exception of the US where drive in restaurants had their place, eating a meal was in a restaurant and considered a necessity when traveling but a special occasion when at home.

I would guess that many of our parents were quite similar in that they did not tolerate acting up in public and were absolutely adamant about respecting others, especially our elders. Obviously, times have changed and parenting patterns have certainly changed! Many of the things I mentioned above as being a privilege are simply taken for granted and there seems to be a lack of any type of consequence for those children who act up or misbehave. For kids today, there is no difference in their behavior when riding in a car versus taking a plane. There is no behavior difference when eating in a nice restaurant versus Burger King. There is no behavior difference at a nice resort hotel versus staying at a Motel 6. And there certainly is a lack of respect for anyone around them when out in public.

The net result of all of this negative behavior is that we are blown away when we observe children who have been raised in a positive manner and conduct themselves with proper deportment in public. While neither of us chose to have children, we have absolutely zero problem interacting with children who were raised properly!

Very well put CG. Kids aren't different, what is different now is that there's far too much tolerance for bad public behavior from anyone, kid or adult. One very public manifestation of that is this plague of graffiti all over the world. Our parents would have beat us good for defacing the property of others. Now we have fools running around calling it art.

When I was young, the adults were in charge. No more.
Mainecoons
Mainecoons
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Mad Magazine

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:11 am

martygraw wrote:Don't know if Parker or Zed had any children, but if they did I wonder how they turned out, if they didn't, that would be a blessing.

Thanks you don't know me but I chose not to have children as I have defective genes in my body and the child would have a 1/3 chance of having a horrible death
at a young age. At least I think about things like this unlike the folks who keep having defective children because of there egos. I also helped raise two disabled
children who had massive behavior problems. Marty children are a pain in the ass. That doesn't mean I don't care about them. Go reread my posts. You suck.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by oncesubtle Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:12 am

Well Parker how about the following links to let 'others know to be considerate' and properly raise their children. They all have active message boards and best of all the last link is a child psychiatrist who can teach parents how to train their child to be well behaved in 2 hours. What ya got here are mostly old folks who delight is spoiling their grandchildren.

http://www.parenting.com/
http://www.focusonthefamily.com/parenting.aspx
http://twitter.com/#!/parenting
http://www.good-child-guide.com/?gclid=CPC2zeaalq8CFYUBRQod_Tfkxg
oncesubtle
oncesubtle

Humor : After 2nd cup of coffee

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:44 am

"let others know to be considerate"

.......translates into: telling people not to bring their children into her space.

I haven't heard on this thread that the rest of us are old farts who delight in spoiling their grandchildren. If they themselves did a good parenting job, their offspring civilized their own early, and the grandparents wouldn't want to undo their good work by spoiling them. What we have in Parker is the kind of person who sees her role in the world as telling others what they should be and do. For this work, we have preachers and politicians in abundance.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:05 am

Sometime the argument has been confused with the personality of the
poster. Two seperate things here. I just don't see Parker the same way
you folks do. Yes she/he is not PC and his ideas are strong and stated in a
strong manner but why the nastyness and it is nastyness folks. You can
pick on her/his arguments all day like Gringal just posted but beyond that
I don't understand. Why the excess emotion???

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:21 am

I am getting the feeling that discussions about children and dogs should be added to the NO-NO Topic list along with religion, politics and sex!

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:34 am

gringal wrote:"let others know to be considerate"

.......translates into: telling people not to bring their children into her space. (if they can't behave)

I haven't heard on this thread that the rest of us are old farts who delight in spoiling their grandchildren. If they themselves did a good parenting job, their offspring civilized their own early, and the grandparents wouldn't want to undo their good work by spoiling them. What we have in Parker is the kind of person who sees her role in the world as telling others what they should be and do. For this work, we have preachers and politicians in abundance.

And they’re certainly doing a good job, right. (Sarcasm)

Parker
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : WDWA none

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:00 am

I just thought I would give everyone the opportunity to reread how Solovino has responded to my posting on this thread. Begging to end.

Re: Children and behavior issues.

by Solovino Yesterday at 2:08 am
I never did like you much. Now even less. Get over yourself, oh special person.

by Solovino Yesterday at 2:51 am
At what point are they penalized and by whom? Loud, boisterous drunks can raise a lot of hell before they are "penalized". What a joke. Try going to the beach for a few days and see how loud and obnoxious a whole lot of tourists can get. Should they be banned from traveling?
You and puker are painting all kids and their parents with a broad brush.

by Solovino Yesterday at 5:37 am
Yeah, I don't what come over me. I should have called you a moron after your first post.

by Solovino Yesterday at 8:08 am
You're still a moron.

by Solovino Yesterday at 12:36 pm
Bitter old fart and a despicable excuse for a human being. Her arrogance and sense of entitlement are disgusting.

Parker
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:21 am

" The best Part about Kids is Making them "
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:39 am

Parker wrote:

.......translates into: telling people not to bring their children into her space. (if they can't behave)

if someone wants to add a comment to any of my posts, would they PLEASE NOT stick it into the quote itself, as though I wrote it. I didn't add the part in red.
This is Parker's stuff, and it totally diluted the intent of what I posted, which was to point out what an unreasonable position she took in the first place in stating that young children should not be on a an airplane or good restaurants.

Parker started out with a position on the subject....several pages ago. Now she's doing her usual routine; trying to modify her original position after other people pointed out how impractical and unreasonable it was. Parker: don't state your position unless you can defend it AS STATED ORIGINALLY.
That's fair. Otherwise, it's like debating smoke and mirrors.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:49 pm

Take a breath.....better now....Ok now go back to the original post and
reread everything. We are an interesting group of people dontcha think??
I laughed...hope others did the same...or at least a few of you. The issue
is so touchy it brings up censorship (CG comment on no no list).

From Gringal comment Parker is female?? Good to know.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:12 pm

Actually, it really is a funny (both peculiar and haha) thread. Laughed hilariously at the Westjet video and even harder at the comments about it.
IMHO, it was Westjet's way of saying "control thy children puhleeze!".
I love my grandchildren and spoil them rotten but I will not tolerate bad behaviour anytime or anywhere. I love my stepkids and note, with interest, that some of them have turned out well and others not so well. Makes ya really wonder if it's nuture or nature at work.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by raqueteer Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:31 pm

ferret wrote:Actually, it really is a funny (both peculiar and haha) thread. Laughed hilariously at the Westjet video and even harder at the comments about it.
IMHO, it was Westjet's way of saying "control thy children puhleeze!".
I love my grandchildren and spoil them rotten but I will not tolerate bad behaviour anytime or anywhere. I love my stepkids and note, with interest, that some of them have turned out well and others not so well. Makes ya really wonder if it's nuture or nature at work.

Ditto on that one. We can't really spoil the youngest one too much because she lives with us for a month every year, but luckily she's very well behaved. We do have one that continues to be very difficult, have no idea why because her brother is an exceptionally nice guy. At least in her teens she no longer acts up in public.

raqueteer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:48 pm

gringal wrote:
Parker wrote:

if someone wants to add a comment to any of my posts, would they PLEASE NOT stick it into the quote itself, as though I wrote it. I didn't add the part in red.
This is Parker's stuff, and it totally diluted the intent of what I posted, which was to point out what an unreasonable position she took in the first place in stating that young children should not be on a an airplane or good restaurants.

Parker started out with a position on the subject....several pages ago. Now she's doing her usual routine; trying to modify her original position after other people pointed out how impractical and unreasonable it was. Parker: don't state your position unless you can defend it AS STATED ORIGINALLY.
That's fair. Otherwise, it's like debating smoke and mirrors.

Original post.

Children and behavior issues.
by Parker on Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:30 pm
Re: Dog friendly restaurants by CheenaGringo Today at 4:05 pm.

Please don't get me started on kids!.

No, let’s talk about children. They should not be allowed in middle to upscale restaurants, (Denny, McDonalds and some other kid friendly places, O.K.), absolutely not airplanes or other confined areas where the noisy and free flowing germs can actually kill you. I’m not sure what the age limit should be but somewhere around four if there well behaved.

I have definitely spent a lot of time in the air and young parents just think they’re too cute and deserve every consideration because they are over populating the earth, (puke, Sorry) and they just can’t seem to arrive early, like the rest of us if we want a little extra comfort. Then they expect you to give up your earned comfort because they just didn’t plan their day correctly. (Like planning it will probably take at least an hour longer than expected because with kids this is just the norm.) I actually encourage extra baggage fees, hopefully babies do need lots of extra luggage and this may make parents think twice before getting on a plane.

I actually remember when flying was nice and it was expensive compared to the standard of living. Children didn’t fly free, full fare for everyone, as it should be. A mother takes a lot more time in a restroom to change a diaper than someone does to pee. Learn this if nothing else, only parents and grandparents think their children and grandchild are special, the rest of us just think they belong in a proper environment where they are confortable and can be properly taken care of.

Yes conversations evolve; we are not still talking about children, maybe 4 and under. And the reason I put those words in red was to alert others that they were not the original and were mine. If I wanted to slip something by don’t think highlighting is a pretty stupid thing to do.

Parker
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Solovino Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:01 pm

Parker wrote:
Yes conversations evolve; we are not still talking about children, maybe 4 and under. And the reason I put those words in red was to alert others that they were not the original and were mine. If I wanted to slip something by don’t think highlighting is a pretty stupid thing to do.

Stupid things and parker go together like peanut butter and jelly.

And that to your list.

Solovino
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:09 pm

Zedinmexico wrote:Take a breath.....better now....Ok now go back to the original post and

Z

Since I believe that there are positive and negative biases whether your male or female I’ve never said but people will guess.

Parker
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:16 pm

Parker wrote:I just thought I would give everyone the opportunity to reread how Solovino has responded to my posting on this thread. Begging to end.

Re: Children and behavior issues.

by Solovino Yesterday at 2:08 am
I never did like you much. Now even less. Get over yourself, oh special person.

by Solovino Yesterday at 2:51 am
At what point are they penalized and by whom? Loud, boisterous drunks can raise a lot of hell before they are "penalized". What a joke. Try going to the beach for a few days and see how loud and obnoxious a whole lot of tourists can get. Should they be banned from traveling?
You and puker are painting all kids and their parents with a broad brush.

by Solovino Yesterday at 5:37 am
Yeah, I don't what come over me. I should have called you a moron after your first post.

by Solovino Yesterday at 8:08 am
You're still a moron.

by Solovino Yesterday at 12:36 pm
Bitter old fart and a despicable excuse for a human being. Her arrogance and sense of entitlement are disgusting.

Parker - Don't let Solovino get to you. It's not worth debating anything with him. He has showed what kind of person he is by his remarks.

I can see this thread going to 10 pages. We all have different opinions of kids behavior and we'll never agree with each other.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:31 pm

Parker wrote:
Zedinmexico wrote:Take a breath.....better now....Ok now go back to the original post and

Z

Since I believe that there are positive and negative biases whether your male or female I’ve never said but people will guess.

Just hate to say the he/she stuff. Never thought from your posts that you were male or female. Just wondered. Will go back to he/she.... :--)

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:45 pm

IMHO, I think we've about covered the subject. At some point along the line, I believe Parker said she was a she, and it really doesn't make any difference.
My handle says what I am, and having fought all the nonsense associated with being female for enough years to know that you get respect if (1) you deserve it and (2) if you don't let anyone get away with anything else without consequences, by which I mean verbal ones. I'm not big enough to punch anyone out, even if I wanted to....which I don't.

So........he/she or whatever. I think we've all made ourselves clear on where we stand about children, airplanes, other people's "rights", our own "rights" and whether the world is going to hell in a bolsa. I know I'm done with the subject.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:32 pm

Zed:

Just for clarification, when I mentioned a NO-NO List, I was talking about life in general and not as pertains to this or any other forum. As a former bartender, I can tell you that discussions about politics, religion or sex cause a majority of bar fights!

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:51 pm

Zedinmexico wrote:
Parker wrote:

Z

Just hate to say the he/she stuff. Never thought from your posts that you were male or female. Just wondered. Will go back to he/she.... :--)

Z

You might try s.he for easier typing, most will get it.

Parker
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:40 pm

Seems, some know more about how children act, more than they know!
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:14 am

CheenaGringo wrote:Zed:

Just for clarification, when I mentioned a NO-NO List, I was talking about life in general and not as pertains to this or any other forum. As a former bartender, I can tell you that discussions about politics, religion or sex cause a majority of bar fights!

No I didn't think you had a list but it was interesting because we do have lists that are very touchy things to talk about and obviously children are on the list. I bet you
can tell us alot being a former bartender. I have always found bartenders to have an interesting set of experiences from the job.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:55 pm

Sorry, in advance, for stirring the pot. This article was in the Globe and Mail today...it appears that snotty little brats become snotty big brats. Isn't anyone in charge any more?
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/life/the-hot-button/does-your-little-buddha-need-to-scrub-a-toilet/article2393420/
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:01 pm

ferret wrote:Sorry, in advance, for stirring the pot. This article was in the Globe and Mail today...it appears that snotty little brats become snotty big brats. Isn't anyone in charge any more?
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/life/the-hot-button/does-your-little-buddha-need-to-scrub-a-toilet/article2393420/

This article has merit but I also remember these now grand parents say during the eighties (?) if they tried to disciplined they’re children, the children complained to school counselors and the parents were brought up on charges of abuse. I remember this time well, not nice.

Parker
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next