INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rental Companies

5 posters

Go down

Rental Companies Empty Rental Companies

Post by Mcee Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:18 am

Hi All!

Would like advise on any of the following rental companies. Has anyone had dealing with them? Are they reliable as far as the information they give on a rental? PM me if you would rather not say anything publicly.
Thanks!

2 Casa Rentals

Sarah Sue Rentals

Rental Locators

Roma Properties

Mcee

Back to top Go down

Rental Companies Empty Re: Rental Companies

Post by Intercasa Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:25 am

Haven't heard anything about the first 3 and the fourth, well the tenants didn't have nice things to say.

Best to come and look personally and deal with an owner or group locally then rent sight unseen long distance. There are many short term rentals for weeks or months while you find a good place.
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Barbed wit

Back to top Go down

Post by Mcee Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:12 am

I guess I should have stated that I was looking for a rental for the month of Jan. or Feb. 2011. There are 3 of us coming and being all women, we want something secure. Since it's high season at that time, I don't think (could be wrong....)that I could find a place on so short notice. Am open to suggestion!!!!! BTW way....know you like the ladies....my niece resembles Julia Roberts, but maybe 50 is too old for you? LOL!

Last edited by Mcee on Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:13 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)

Mcee

Back to top Go down

Post by stevebrtx Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:50 am

Might try http://www.rtkenterprise.com/Hernandez/rentals.html and ask for Jorge. I have 3 lady friends from Canuck land that come down Jan-Mar and he put them in a very nice, secure place walking distance from the square in the village this year.

stevebrtx

http://www.chapalaweather.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:52 am

Does she have daughters? 50 is kind of old and I'm used to the 18 to early 30's girls. now everybody will jump in and say what do you talk about.

We talk about whatever comes to mind.

Although i do miss talking to older girls about their health problems, lack of money and how the last guy did them wrong, i almost miss it, well not really
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Barbed wit

Back to top Go down

Post by David Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:57 pm

Spencer, 50 is not "old." Maybe older than to want to date, but not old. I'm 67, even that isn't "old," I have a good friend who's 88. He and I agree that he's old. 50 is the new 30, 60 the new 40, I guess I'm approaching the new 50!
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:42 pm

Mcee wrote:Hi All!

Would like advise on any of the following rental companies. Has anyone had dealing with them? Are they reliable as far as the information they give on a rental? PM me if you would rather not say anything publicly.
Thanks!

2 Casa Rentals

Sarah Sue Rentals

Rental Locators

Roma Properties

Rental Locators is a good company, but I think you are facing a challenge looking for a one month rental at the peak of our high season. I think very few folks will be willing to rent for one month. Ususally, they can rent for 4- 6 months. My suggestion is that the three of you book yourselves into a b and b for two or three days and see what is available when you arrive. Never rent a property over the internet, without seeing it in person. Zoey

Back to top Go down

Post by David Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:05 pm

Some friends of ours came down in mid-January for a month. They rented a fine house in Villa Nova via www.VRBO.com
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:38 pm

David wrote:Some friends of ours came down in mid-January for a month. They rented a fine house in Villa Nova via www.VRBO.com

I agree with you, once again, David. VRBO is an option and folks will pay premium prices, but for what the OP is asking, I think that no rental company will deal with them in April 2010, when they are coming only for one month in January of 2011. Zoey

Back to top Go down

Post by David Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:46 pm

A company may not, but an owner who rents infrequently may be more than happy to do so. I just looked at VRBO, Mexico, Jalisco, Lake Chapala and there are many, many listings for properties available by the month. Buena Suerte!
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by oncesubtle Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:59 pm

We use to advertise our apartments on VRBO.com when we were doing vacation rentals (now long term) and would book folks by the day(s) week(s) and months, sometimes a year in advance. So give it a try, we know some of the other owners and they can be quite flexible. Also, it's a big plus to be dealing directly with the owner of the property and many of them live lakeside.
oncesubtle
oncesubtle

Humor : After 2nd cup of coffee

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:12 pm

David wrote:A company may not, but an owner who rents infrequently may be more than happy to do so. I just looked at VRBO, Mexico, Jalisco, Lake Chapala and there are many, many listings for properties available by the month. Buena Suerte!

I think that I stated that I agree with you. Zoey

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:18 pm

oncesubtle wrote:We use to advertise our apartments on VRBO.com when we were doing vacation rentals (now long term) and would book folks by the day(s) week(s) and months, sometimes a year in advance. So give it a try, we know some of the other owners and they can be quite flexible. Also, it's a big plus to be dealing directly with the owner of the property and many of them live lakeside.

I absolutely agree with you that VRBO is a viable option, but it will come at premium prices, especially for one month in January of next year. What the hell, these are three wealthy gringas spending a month here and splitting the cost three ways. Bet they can afford just about anything and VRBO is their best bet. Rental agencies will not touch them for the limited time that they are here. Zoey

Back to top Go down

Post by David Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:22 pm

Thanks Zoey. My reply was to the OP and to say that I'd looked at VRBO and found lots of listings available "by the month."
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:01 pm

stevebrtx wrote:Might try http://www.rtkenterprise.com/Hernandez/rentals.html and ask for Jorge. I have 3 lady friends from Canuck land that come down Jan-Mar and he put them in a very nice, secure place walking distance from the square in the village this year.

Love Jorge, but he does not seem to be doing the job. Several of the agents at Hernandez are bringing their rentalolks Ajijic Rentals, a subsidiary of Contintental Real Estate. Zoey

Back to top Go down

Rental Companies Empty Rentals

Post by Mcee Sat Apr 17, 2010 4:02 am

Zoey....I got a good laugh at the comment "three wealthy gringas"! Let me clarify that....1 wealthy gringa, 2 very middle class gringas! And I am NOT the wealthy one! LOL!

I will seriously look into the VRBO. You guys and gals have been very helpful. Thanks so much. If you can think of anything else, just let me know.

Mcee

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down