INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Clothing drive for Operation Feed in SJC before Nov. 7

Go down

Clothing drive for Operation Feed in SJC before Nov. 7 Empty Clothing drive for Operation Feed in SJC before Nov. 7

Post by simpsca Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:52 pm

"Operation Feed" in SJC does more than feed the poorest families in town. They also have a free clothing day twice a year and the next one is coming up November 7th.  In addition to the drop off location mentioned below, I come into town a fair amount and will pick things up - new or used. My email is simpsca2000(at)yahoo.com.  At the bottom I've posted a photo of the last clothing give away, and remember it can other items as well.  I've already taken several loads of baby items to Viva Mexico and have more things ready to go. Donations can be made in the restaurant - just hand bags to the waiters, during their open hours of Monday through Sunday from 10am to 8pm, except Thursday they are closed. link to the website: http://operationfeedsjc.squarespace.com/

"We are now actively soliciting clothing donations for our next clothing event, which is scheduled for November 7, 2013 in San Juan Cosala.  We still need baby clothes, children’s clothing, blankets, sweaters/jackets, socks and shoes.  Toothbrushes for both children and adults, toothpaste, and new underwear are also in demand and easy to pack in a suitcase and bring back from North-of-the-Border.  Towels of all sizes, medical devices, and health aids would also be useful.   Any old jewelry is a true luxury treat for the ladies - they would never buy such an item for themselves.  Items that are not really practical or needed are: clothes that must be dry-cleaned, used underwear (for hygiene reasons), and extra extra large clothing.

Sandy Gallagher and Gloria Bryen are co-Chairing the November 7th clothing drive.  They are happy to answer any questions you may have and can arrange pick-up of your donations.  To donate clothing or become a volunteer, please e-mail us at operationfeedsjc@gmail.com or contact Sandy (376-766-1127) or Gloria ( 376-766-4755).  

You may also drop off clothing donations to Lauri Jenson at her new restaurant, Lauri’s Market Cafe (located right on the carretera, almost across the street from Oxxo, inside Computer Solutions, the blue door. Carretarra #24 in Ajijic).

Again, thank you!   Together we are helping to improve the lives of the poor families of San Juan Cosala."

Clothing drive for Operation Feed in SJC before Nov. 7 8794994417_6d25619d45_c
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down