INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"MEMO TO THE FASHION CONSCIOUS AND CULTURALLY CLUED-IN:

+13
Pedro
Lady Otter Latté
CHILLIN
Nosnow
Spot
slainte39
Rosa Venus
JayBear
Zedinmexico
CanuckBob
CheenaGringo
viajero
Splashingcolor
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

"MEMO TO THE FASHION CONSCIOUS AND CULTURALLY CLUED-IN: - Page 2 Empty Re: "MEMO TO THE FASHION CONSCIOUS AND CULTURALLY CLUED-IN:

Post by gringomojado Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:45 pm

viajero wrote:
CheenaGringo wrote:Just for good measure, my underwear has been starched in case I have to visit a doctor or a hospital.
That's something that has never occurred to me,do you iron them as well?
When in Guatemala or Mexico my wife even irons my undies ( I prefer briefs). At least she leaves my socks alone. Oh, she is a latina.
gm

gringomojado
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

"MEMO TO THE FASHION CONSCIOUS AND CULTURALLY CLUED-IN: - Page 2 Empty Re: "MEMO TO THE FASHION CONSCIOUS AND CULTURALLY CLUED-IN:

Post by CheenaGringo Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:03 pm

gm:

I was introduced to starched and ironed briefs when we moved to Bombay, India - what a shock! Our bearer aka butler had worked for a British couple and the gentleman insisted on his boxers being starched and ironed. Took a bit of re-training in our household. The bearer was the only one allowed to touch mine and my father's clothing.

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Flamingo Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:49 pm

Splashingcolor wrote:  Oh, and yes, black or any color socks with sandals is a faux pas in any book.  :)
Unless you lived in Boulder Colorado, in which case it is a fashion statement.
Flamingo
Flamingo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:59 pm

I wear whatz comfy... never much gave a shit what others think of it...
and if I fall off a bar stool... I'll be OK.... cause I'm a big tipp'r Beer 
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:59 pm

Out of curiosity why do people care what others wear down here?  Obviously some Gringoes care about what I wear even if the Mexicans don't care.  I am not talking about  Church but just a normal day. Socks, Shorts, and Sandals seem to be the biggest irritation to some folks. We even argue about color on our socks which to me seems bizzarro to me. I don't get it.

Yes I know I am from the PNW and we are known as the slobbiest folks in the USA. For me dressing up is blue jeans, button up shirt, and Birkenstocks instead of Pirma Sandals. In Seattle Blue Jeans, Birkenstocks, and a Big Bill Cosby sweater you can go to the symphony or Opera
and be respectfull of the Opera House or Symphony Hall. Well maybe it helps when you donate money LOL.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:06 pm

ChickenLittle wrote:Well, I have been here many, many years. Mexicans tend to dress modestly and I think it a mark of respect, since this is Mexico, to be aware and dress accordingly. The same goes for countries in Europe or elsewhere. It's a matter of respect, not fashion or fad.
We probably should dress better but in Ajijic the Mexicans are use to us and even pick up some of our bad habits like wearing shorts. I do admit
I dress better in Oaxaca than in Ajijic.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:08 pm

CheenaGringo wrote:gm:

Thank you, I received that memo and my regular jeans or corduroy jeans are dry cleaned with a crease.  As they age, they start going in the washing machine but they still get a crease from an iron.
Can you buy Cords in Mexico?  I know you are NOB.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2