INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WTF.... WELCOME BACK TO USA

+8
Zedinmexico
espíritu del lago
DonPito
Playaboy
hockables
CheenaGringo
Lady Otter Latté
Jim W
12 posters

Go down

WTF.... WELCOME BACK TO USA Empty WTF.... WELCOME BACK TO USA

Post by Jim W Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:09 pm

Wife and I returned today in separate vehicles, and for the 5 th consecutive time sent for further search. I asked if we were being profiled, as there was no record of our leaving USA! Driving creates no record! We have no record, other than knowing ZED....LOL. They went thru our spices looking suspiciously at the Oregano......I suggested they check the Freaking arrowroot, as it may be cocaine........she didn't see the humour(for my Canadian friends) either. They asked me to unload the back of the F150, I declined as I couldn't, but invited them to have at it. She suggested eggs were on the prohibited list, even though hard boiled, and cumin was really unacceptable......NO SHIT!

Those that know me, know I could be in the slammer at this point! The icing was, I asked, Why are all the foreign(MEXICAN VEHICLES) going thru without inspection? I am an American Citizen.........should a said......I voted for your boss.......didn't, probably kept me out a jail.........so WTF:31: 
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

WTF.... WELCOME BACK TO USA Empty Re: WTF.... WELCOME BACK TO USA

Post by Lady Otter Latté Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:25 pm

Cumin?
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:27 pm

They are obviously good at their job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If it is any consolation, we have never been singled out for additional inspection either driving or flying.

I know you believe they don't have a record of you leaving the US but I bet they can look up your vehicles and tell exactly when they have crossed heading south. How? Cameras that record your crossings and software that enters them in a database.

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:45 pm

I believe they can record everything Neil, but not this time.....just to mess with daddy, I left Mexico hidden, road back in another rig ....no freaking way your big eared president could a known.....just laughin with ya!

Good to be back in the USA for a few weeks........no military checks!
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:47 pm

CheenaGringo wrote:They are obviously good at their job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  If it is any consolation, we have never been singled out for additional inspection either driving or flying.

I know you believe they don't have a record of you leaving the US but I bet they can look up your vehicles and tell exactly when they have crossed heading south.  How?  Cameras that record your crossings and software that enters them in a database.

Cops here are using cameras that automatically run license plate numbers thru data base... instantly tells em if the plate is valid or the owner has any warrants... this technology stuff is making it harder and harder ta be a crook!

Jim ... those Border fellers are trained ta spot Shifty Look'n Characters.
While you were getting your Rectal Inspection... Deb wuz probably hav'n a snooze in her vehicle.... lol.... snork Beer 
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:55 pm

Snork yer butt ma friend......they missed the brownies! snork
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Playaboy Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:13 pm

I go back and forth frequently.  I get sent to secondary 50% of the time.  When I had my RV it was 100% of the time.  I never give them any attitude and let them do their job, which is to protect the USA.

These men and women are on the front lines defending our country.  I always thank them for their service.

Something else to remember is that you have NO constitutional rights or protections at the border.

Playaboy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:37 pm

Playaboy wrote:I go back and forth frequently.  I get sent to secondary 50% of the time.  When I had my RV it was 100% of the time.  I never give them any attitude and let them do their job, which is to protect the USA.

These men and women are on the front lines defending our country.  I always thank them for their service.

Something else to remember is that you have NO constitutional rights or protections at the border.  

No offense intended, BUTT, My son served 1 tour in Bosnia, 3 tours in Iraq, and that is front lines.......your comparison is BULLSHIT!  When was the last time one of these inspectors were injured in the line of duty?   Please enlighten me!  I get sent for secondary 100% of the time!  I know my constitutional rights as well, once I've crossed the border, my rights are preserved, prove me wrong playaboy! If I am wrong I will offer gracious apology!
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by DonPito Sat Jul 27, 2013 1:02 am

Here's some simplified versions of why you have no rights within 100 miles of a US -international border:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Border_search_exception

http://www.rightsidenews.com/2013070732852/us/homeland-security/the-u-s-border-a-constitution-free-zone-where-officials-can-grab-your-computer-and-copy-your-hard-drive.html

http://www.aclu.org/national-security_technology-and-liberty/are-you-living-constitution-free-zone

and here is a listing of the US CBP officers killed in the line of duty:
http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/border_security/border_patrol/border_patrol_officer_memorial/chron_listing_agents/

I have found the best thing to do is just say yessir, no sir, and volunteer or expound on nothing unless asked a direct, specific question. Show no anger or impatience in front of them. It also doesn't matter what they're doing to anyone else at that moment. Just keep repeating in your head the mantra "they're the government and they're here to help."

DonPito
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by espíritu del lago Sat Jul 27, 2013 6:52 am

thanks for the links. Never thought about it.  Been searched twice.. pita. No doubt.  I let them do their job and keep my mouth shut.
espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Sat Jul 27, 2013 7:10 am

Thanks for the links, I had no idea as well. I apologize to "Playaboy"
 This trip search was really weird, all the way to being told hard boiled eggs were on the banned list.  
How does one keep up on the ever changing list of items?    Blackeye They said they search all vehicles loaded like ours. 

I don't enjoy the inconvenience of being searched either, and they take your passport and keys and put them on your windshield, the temp is over a hundred degrees, tell you to wait in your vehicle  for another inspector, it doesn't feel right.  I don't understand why one can't listen to music and have air conditioning running.

Just sayin...WTF.... WELCOME BACK TO USA 851398
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Sat Jul 27, 2013 7:39 am

The latest thing is to stop you going south and bother you. They are such nice people.
I am always relieved when I am back in Mexico as dealing with the Mexican guards and
inspectors is always much easier and much more relaxing.

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:46 am

While they were hassling you Jim,there were probably thousands of Mexicans with "calves the size of cantaloupes"sprinting across the desert with loads of drugs strapped to their backs.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:48 am

viajero wrote:While they were hassling you Jim,there were probably thousands of Mexicans with "calves the size of cantaloupes"sprinting across the desert with loads of drugs strapped to their backs.

TFF Chris and probably true. I think the thing that pissed me off most was their failure to actually search for contraband. They didn't look into sealed packing boxes, etc.

Not to mention we got to McDonalds 3 minutes late to buy a Egg and Sausage McMuffin........WTF.... WELCOME BACK TO USA 851398  They stop serving them @ 11 AM
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Sat Jul 27, 2013 12:17 pm

Jim W wrote:
 I think the thing that pissed me off most was their failure to actually search for contraband.   They didn't look into sealed packing boxes, etc.  

The last time I crossed they made me unload everything in the truck and then didn't open anything and had me load it back up.Rolling Eyes 

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

WTF.... WELCOME BACK TO USA Empty A strange thing at the border

Post by otrocanuck Sat Jul 27, 2013 7:00 pm

On a recent return trip to Canada I was momentarily delayed at the Phoenix airport. It was a simple computer error that affected about six to eight people on the flight. After arriving in Phoenix and going through immigration the agent directed all of us to a waiting room until the plane had been offloaded and the agents were available to do our paperwork. We were directed into the Homeland Security office which was a lot like a doctor's waiting room with comfortable seating and carpeting. Once the agents returned to the room the first thing they told us was that we all had to sit down, that STANDING WAS NOT ALLOWED in this waiting room. None of us could figure this out and they would not enlighten us as to why they have this policy, still dont know to this day why you are not allowed to stand in their waiting room, or what would be the outcome if you did not take a seat. When my turn came to retrieve my documents and leave the area the first comment I made after my name was called, was that it would be impossible for me to walk over and retrieve my documents without first standing up to do so - this was deemed Ok to do, without explanation of why Ok now and not a minute ago.
I got my documents, had to leave the secure area only to be directed through security (a forty minute wait) to end up back in the secure area again to wait for my next flight.
I will from now on try to fly directly into Canada without stopping in the US despite the extra costs involved.
otrocanuck
otrocanuck
Share Holder
Share Holder

Location : Mississauga, Point Claire, Edmonton, Saltspring Isl., Nakusp,Chapala,

Back to top Go down

Post by Flamingo Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:15 pm

Keep in mind that these jobs are not being filled by our best and brightest. If you had a dozen brain cells all firing at the same time, would you want that job?

A friend's brother was in charge of recruiting for the early Homeland Security and he told my friend it was a nightmare to find people even somewhat qualified. And then trying to train them...
Flamingo
Flamingo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Playaboy Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:32 pm

I just spent the day driving north bringing another car out of Mexico. I crossed at Reynosa using the Anzalduas bridge.  It took almost 3 hours to get to the USA booths.  It was 100+ degrees and about 90% humidity.  When I finally got up to the booth, it was a nice "Hello.  How long have you been in Mexico"?  I told him 2 weeks.  He asked me if I go to Mexico often?  I said that I lived there.  He put my passport on the window and told me to drive to secondary.  I waited 15 minutes for an officer to come to my van, which only had my suitcase inside.

The officer looked at my passport, than stares at me.  "Do you come here often"?   "Yes I do but how do you know that?  He said "I just love that corn on the cob t-shirt you are wearing".  (it is a great t-shirt)  I was just stunned, but he was smiling.  He ask if I had anything to declare?  No I said.  He handed me my passport and told me to have a great day.

Now I don't know what to do.  Should I wear that shirt when crossing or not?

Playaboy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms.Thang Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:48 pm

OMG I have a corn on the cob tshirt...it has this corn and a caption that says ¨bite me¨¨.
Hell yeah, wear the shirt!

Ms.Thang
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:03 pm

The very first time I entered the US was in 1949 when I was 2 years old and I have crossed god knows how many times since then. When I hand them my US Passport at entry, I know they are seeing each and every crossing I have ever made. I have never felt the need to "hard ass" them and guess what? Every entry into the US or exit has been a no hassle experience!

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms.Thang Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:27 pm

The U.S. border agents have always been so nice in my experience also. If they ask questions or want to have a look they are just dong their jobs. Its just part of the trip and it takes as long as it takes, at least they have never ripped my car apart and super glued it back together like the Mexican side has..
I sure wouldnt expect them to just look at me and know I dont have anything to hide . Besides that, the people watching at the boarder is great!

Ms.Thang
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:33 am

On occasion, US Border Patrol/Customs Agents have asked us really strange or odd questions. My guess is to get a reading on how you respond? Our personal favorite was when they asked us three times during one crossing: "Do you have any rocks?"

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:27 am

CheenaGringo wrote:On occasion, US Border Patrol/Customs Agents have asked us really strange or odd questions.  My guess is to get a reading on how you respond?  Our personal favorite was when they asked us three times during one crossing: "Do you have any rocks?"

My response might be.......Only in my head.....lmao Blackeye WTF.... WELCOME BACK TO USA 968748 
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:01 pm

And you wonder why you have problems with them?

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down