INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lots of Canadians

+13
mazdee
hound dog
bobnliz
Lehrer
Malaya
johninajijic
islandiver
CanuckBob
cane
David
Carry Bean
hockables
Intercasa
17 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Lots of Canadians - Page 2 Empty Re: Lots of Canadians

Post by bobnliz Sat Nov 27, 2010 7:12 pm

Maybe everyone should go for a border promotion.This might be the perfect opportunity to reinvent oneself as a nice person. L

bobnliz
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Sat Nov 27, 2010 7:30 pm

bobnliz wrote:Maybe everyone should go for a border promotion.This might be the perfect opportunity to reinvent oneself as a nice person. L

Agreed Bob & Liz. I hope that my post on this subject was read as I intended which was that I long ago stopped fretting over what people thught of me because of my origin. I have nothing againt anyone because of their origins except Texans.
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Sat Nov 27, 2010 7:43 pm

bobnliz wrote:Sounds like he was afraid to go first. BIG SUV must be compensation for the inferiority complex Carry Bean. Lizzy

I thought the same thing, Lizzy but couldn't figure out how to tell him that. lol!

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Sat Nov 27, 2010 7:45 pm

Hound Dog, I had the same type of experience with a boss of mine when I lived in Sint Maarten. He was originally from NYC & kept making remarks about Shitkickers from the Midwest until I reminded him I was from St. Louis.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lehrer Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:35 pm

Malaya wrote:It was your reference, not mine to courtesy. Read your own post.

Since you seem to be on a "pick on Canadians" rant and this is far from the original topic, I suggest we end it here. Honestly, I see no value in your opinions other than to stir the pot. That's something I refuse to be a part of.
I think I know how to read -- if I know how to write. But I also recognize one's attempts to distort and misapply words of others.

It seems to me that you are under some sort of delusion. (http://education.yahoo.com/reference/dictionary/?s=delusion -- "A false belief or opinion..." )

I merely told of my experiences. I stated that the offending drivers were behind the wheel of Ontario-plated vehicles. I didn't disparage folks from Ontario or from Canada. That is your interpretation, and others are free to decide for themselves.

Thus, it is not I -- but you -- who "stirs the pot," although you suggest that you want to be no part of the contention! And it appears that many here share my opinion of what you are doing and who are the most discourteous drivers. Apparently, my observations are not unique to me alone.

hound dog wrote:I have nothing againt anyone because of their origins except Texans.
Dawg, I think I share that sentiment -- even though I was born in Texas.
lol!

Last edited by Lehrer on Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lehrer
Lehrer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by Lehrer Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:37 pm

David wrote:I stated only that which I've observed and I NEVER said ALL from Ontario, I said MOST snow-birds are from Ontario. Lighten up and watch the traffic. BTW, my Canadian friends see similar snow-bird behavior.

This board is not for personal attacks, so please keep yours in your thoughts and don't post them.
Thanks, David!
That is a courteous, concise statement of my feelings. (And I'm not capable of being so concise or courteous.)
Beer
Lehrer
Lehrer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by mazdee Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:30 pm

As an aside, over here in Mazatlán I think the most irritating drivers are the young, rich Mexican women who think they own the road. Don't tangle with them, they will win! Gringos here, of course, are a drop in the bucket. I think they cause more accidents than they should because they keep stopping at stop signs and somebody runs into them! Like, we do stop at lights, but not stop signs. You have to learn that or get rear-ended.

mazdee

Back to top Go down

Post by Lehrer Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:41 pm

mazdee wrote:As an aside, over here in Mazatlán I think the most irritating drivers are the young, rich Mexican women who think they own the road. Don't tangle with them, they will win! Gringos here, of course, are a drop in the bucket. I think they cause more accidents than they should because they keep stopping at stop signs and somebody runs into them! Like, we do stop at lights, but not stop signs. You have to learn that or get rear-ended.
That brings to mind the experience of friends of mine, who were rear-ended in Chapala -- I think on the main drag. At first, the young (Mexican) man who hit them was very apologetic and realized he was at fault. By the time the police were there and began the investigation, it turned out that my friend was backing up (on the main street) and hit him! Can you guess who got the ticket???
Blackeye
Lehrer
Lehrer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by bobnliz Sun Nov 28, 2010 3:05 pm

Carry Bean wrote:
bobnliz wrote:Sounds like he was afraid to go first. BIG SUV must be compensation for the inferiority complex Carry Bean. Lizzy

I thought the same thing, Lizzy but couldn't figure out how to tell him that. lol!

Hmmm. There's got to be a way. I can just picture the dude being totally terrified by the carreterra and all and blindly following the first "friendly" vehicle he saw. L Basta
bobnliz
bobnliz
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : wry ans dry

Back to top Go down

Post by bobnliz Sun Nov 28, 2010 3:19 pm

Lehrer wrote:
hound dog wrote:I have nothing againt anyone because of their origins except Texans.
Dawg, I think I share that sentiment -- even though I was born in Texas.
lol!

Well, I wasn't born there, but some of my best times ever were spent there and some of my best friends ever still live there.
By the way... George w. Bush is NOT and never will be a Texan. The bugger is from Connecticut or somewhere. Lizzy razberry
bobnliz
bobnliz
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lehrer Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:27 pm

bobnliz wrote:Well, I wasn't born there, but some of my best times ever were spent there and some of my best friends ever still live there.
By the way... George w. Bush is NOT and never will be a Texan. The bugger is from Connecticut or somewhere. Lizzy razberry
Born in New Haven, Connecticut.

(And my very best friend -- who has been since high-school days -- still lives in Lubbock. Kinda reminds me of this: "Can anything good come out of Nazareth?")
Lehrer
Lehrer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:28 pm

How is it that a discussion about the # of Canadians around the lake turns into a boring discussion of US politics? I am starting to agree with Solo's assessment of this forum. You people certainly must have other interests. Why bother moving to Mexico.......??????
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by David Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:54 pm

C'mon Bob you know the answer; Cuz it's WARM here and the food and drink is good, plentiful, and inexpensive! The same reasons the snowbirds come down.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:09 pm

Then lets have some more talk about that stuff to make us "wannabes" more envious....

lol!
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by bobnliz Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:33 pm

Bobby, didn't you know that a Texan is just a Mexican on his way to Oklahoma?
:34: Lizzy
bobnliz
bobnliz
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Solovino Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:39 pm

bobnliz wrote:Bobby, didn't you know that a Texan is just a Mexican on his way to Oklahoma?

You have it backwards.

Solovino
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:51 pm

Yo Bob! It was about 78F here today. The Ajijic Fiesta Patronale for St. Andres is nearing its conclusion. Lots of fireworks tonight!
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:26 pm

Thanks David......... Beer
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lehrer Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:23 pm

CanuckBob wrote:How is it that a discussion about the # of Canadians around the lake turns into a boring discussion of US politics? I am starting to agree with Solo's assessment of this forum. You people certainly must have other interests. Why bother moving to Mexico.......??????
H-m-m-m-m! Good point.
Just where was the turn in the road? Look back and see....
lol! lol! lol!
Lehrer
Lehrer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:13 pm

David wrote:C'mon Bob you know the answer; Cuz it's WARM here and the food and drink is good, plentiful, and inexpensive! The same reasons the snowbirds come down.

Half right.... we go there cuz it's f@ckn cold here ...

I wuz driving past the lake the other mornin and saw about a thousand Canada Geese on the ice... temp wuz -25

Stupid birds.... if I could fly ( and the wife would let me ) I'd be there now!!
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by goatrope Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:34 am

hocks:

Jump on a plane. Betcha she follows you. Probably couldn't stand you having all that fun alone.

Let me know when you do. You promised to buy the beer, remember?

goatrope
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:14 pm

bobnliz wrote:Bobby, didn't you know that a Texan is just a Mexican on his way to Oklahoma?

Nonsense.

A Texan or, more appropriately, Texas, is just a land bridge between Mobile and Santa Monica over which Dawg escaped to find his beloved Nanette Funicello circa 1966. Nanette and Santa Monica turned out to be a disappointment so Dawg headed for The Haight - the true motherland, circa 1967 and stayed in the vicinity of that phony place most of the time for many years until Mexico called in 2001. Unfortunately, Dawg has found that, in this life where one discerns one wishes to be is just another variation of where one is , Dawg gave up spanish moss, live oaks and warm gulf waters for sagebrush and thistle and the cold Pacific of California and, God help me, I never encountered Nanette Funicello I would have settled for Troy Donahue but he was spoken for by some guy named Earl so Dawg ended up satisfying himself in his room in San Francisco just as he had done before in South Alabama so he could have saved himself that 2,000 mile drive from the hurricanes to the fog but what the hell did I know then much less now and at least I had the opportunity of driving through Texas as fast as that Oldsmobile 450 cubic inch (whatever that means) engine would take me..
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:27 pm

nuttin fer nuttin Dawg... but I'm think'n U might be talk'n bout a 455ci Olds... If'n thatz the one... it'd probably be a 455 Rocket... usually found in the Supreme and the 442... good low end, pretty good top end... but best known fer durability as the engine had a high nickel content...

I googled 450 with Oldsmobile and the only thing they could come up with was :face: a price.... ' $450.00 "

U bein a Road Scholar an all I thought U knew all that stuff... musta just studied maps...
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by bobnliz Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:34 pm

Solovino wrote:

You have it backwards.

Nah... my quote, my way. Go find your own. razberry lizzy
bobnliz
bobnliz
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by bobnliz Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:49 pm

hound dog wrote:

Nonsense.

A Texan or, more appropriately, Texas, is just a land bridge between Mobile and Santa Monica over which Dawg escaped to find his beloved Nanette Funicello circa 1966.

Silly man!
You never found her because there was no Nanette.
Annette was a very popular Mouseketeer, and did her share of beach blanket movies with Frankie Avalon and the like.
Ever find happiness in the Haight? Lizzy
bobnliz
bobnliz
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lehrer Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:01 pm

Lizzy, my fingers were itching to correct the "Nanette" error. You beat me to it!

By the way, if you are familiar with Carole Bedford, her husband was one of the original Mouseketeers. She often sings at various establishments at Lakeside (when she isn't in California, that is), and I've had occasion to meet them both. Very interesting and friendly persons.
Lehrer
Lehrer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next