INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WHERE TO RETURN TIP

+2
sparks
Jim W
6 posters

Go down

WHERE TO RETURN TIP Empty WHERE TO RETURN TIP

Post by Jim W Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:24 am

Can anyone tell us where the return my import permit going thru Nogales? Is there a sign? Is it on the North bound side of the highway?

TIA Jim
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

WHERE TO RETURN TIP Empty Re: WHERE TO RETURN TIP

Post by sparks Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:09 am

KM21 across from INM .... right hand side
sparks
sparks
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : The joke's on me

http://sparksmex.blogspot.mx/

Back to top Go down

Post by windrider17 Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:55 am

I've gotten advice from a multitude of folks telling me not to turn TIP back in if I'm only going NOB for a month. Also been told I must. I have conflicting legal opinions from local attorneys. I've been told not to as I'll lose my deposit and have to make another, etc. Any thoughts, please?

windrider17
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Warped

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:12 am

If you're returning on the same visa you entered with and it hasn't expired, you should get your deposit back.
If you are returning on a new or different visa, you should bring the vehicle in under the new visa.

We had gotten our Permante visas and when we drove out of Mexico... they wouldn't return my vehicle deposit because
I didn't have the FM3 in had originally been brought in under...

As already mentioned by several here... If you changed to Permante you can't get temporary vehicle permits ...
that is proving to be a complete PIA....
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by windrider17 Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:20 am

Got the permante part. I'm still on an extension of the origional FM3 (my 3rd year) and car was brought in under that. Thanks.

windrider17
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Warped

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:22 am

windrider17 wrote:Got the permante part.  I'm still on an extension of the origional FM3 (my 3rd year) and car was brought in under that.  Thanks.

leave it on... you should be alright...
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:29 am

windrider17:

Those folks that are telling you to turn in your TIP are considering the possibility that you may total your vehicle in an accident or have it stolen while NOB. Should either happen, there will be an issue in cancelling the TIP and you will not be able to bring another vehicle into Mexico in your name.

If you entered Mexico with an FMM, your TIP expiration date is tied to the expiration of the FMM. If you allow either to expire while out of the country, then you can be fined for each expired document when trying to re-enter Mexico. Additionally, you will lose your deposit when the TIP expires.

If you still have an FM3 or the replacement Temporal and the TIP extension letter from Aduana, your deposit should still be in place and reports have been that people are getting refunds to their credit cards within 2 to 5 working days. From all reports, I wouldn't think worrying about not getting your deposit back is a real consideration.

I have no idea what the percentages are but there seems to be an inclination on the part of certain Gringos to buck the system and feel like they are getting away with something by not following the rules. Theoretically the rule is that you turn it in when you leave the Mexico but hundreds/thousands fail to do so each year.

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Playaboy Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:37 am

hockables wrote:If you're returning on the same visa you entered with and it hasn't expired, you should get your deposit back.
If you are returning on a new or different visa, you should bring the vehicle in under the new visa.

We had gotten our Permante visas and when we drove out of Mexico... they wouldn't return my vehicle deposit because

As already mentioned by several here... If you changed to Permante you can't get temporary vehicle permits ...

I have taken 3 cars north in the last couple of months and cancelled TIP's.  Not once was I asked to show my passport or visa. The TIP's weren't even in my name.

Playaboy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:40 am

That's one way of looking at it...
the other is that you carry an annual residents visa and your vehicle is registered in country under the same document... now if you temporarily leave the country for shopping or visiting purposes, with every intention of returning..
Why would you turn in your vehicle permit?

Aduna doesn't seem to have any enforcement at the border, except someone checking that you DO have a permit as you enter...
Turning in that permit has never been demanded... only voluntary.

hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:47 am

Hocks:

A few years back, a well known resident (now deceased) drove his vehicle north to San Diego and dropped the vehicle off at a dealership for service. While there, the vehicle was stolen and his troubles began since he couldn't bring in a replacement vehicle under his name. If my memory serves me correctly, the vehicle was ultimately recovered but he had already jumped through all the hoops over the TIP?

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:50 am

Playaboy wrote:
hockables wrote:If you're returning on the same visa you entered with and it hasn't expired, you should get your deposit back.

I have taken 3 cars north in the last couple of months and cancelled TIP's.  Not once was I asked to show my passport or visa.  The TIP's weren't even in my name.

Yeah... they removed the sticker and cancelled the permit... no problem... but the SOB's wouldn't give me back my $300 DEPOSITO.
By the time I had gotten to the border with my Permante... my FM3 would have already expired...
but then again if they weren't looking ... how would they know?

Spencer had forewarned me that I likely wouldn't get my refund because of the change in documentation..

U must have an honest looking face or something
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:11 pm

Hocks & Playaboy:

Your two posts point out the inconsistencies found not only at different crossing points but between officials on duty at any given time. Back in the days when we were driving back and forth to/from Mexico, we found that proceedures followed at our crossing of choice rarely were similar to those described by others crossing at different points.

The only consistency in Mexico is its inconsistency!

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:27 pm

I have never turned in my TIP.....in fact I think I paid Approx. $35.00 USD when I ordered them on line. So based on Hocks loss, I am probably out the $35.00 on each vehicle  WHERE TO RETURN TIP 851398. What really pizzes me off is paying $400 +/- USD to put the Escape in deb's name and get a new TIP. 
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Playaboy Mon Jul 22, 2013 4:13 pm

The $35 is the fee for the TIP. You never get that back.
If you are coming back why cancel the TIP?

Playaboy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Mon Jul 22, 2013 4:21 pm

Getting my F150 Super crew out of Mexico.....LOVE my truck but not enough to nationalize....ROLMAO. Wife has 2 more years, so putting her name on the 2011 Escape, taking my name off. (Me Permanente)

Playaboy, shows you how long we been here.....never turned in a TIP before, and only order them on line.
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:47 pm

sparks wrote:KM21 across from INM .... right hand side

Sparks, is the INM where you pick up visa and TIP, heading South?

TIA, Jim
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Playaboy Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:02 pm

Yes, it is on the right side heading south

Playaboy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:22 pm

Playaboy wrote:Yes, it is on the right side heading south

Thank You Playaboy, found it no problemo.......right accross highway from INM drive thru.......took less than 5 minutes.....both vehicles.

Beer Beer Beer Beer 
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down