INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Recommendations for Excellent International Realtor for high-end property

+13
CheenaGringo
brigitte
Lady Otter Latté
hockables
gvprod
slainte39
Sideways
Grizzy
Jim W
CanuckBob
ComputerGuy
lunateak
Milena
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Recommendations for Excellent International Realtor for high-end property Empty Recommendations for Excellent International Realtor for high-end property

Post by Milena Sat Jul 20, 2013 1:35 pm

Had no luck with local agents who did a horrible job listing my property- had only 2 showings in 6 month listing and didn't even return messages! Completely unaccountable and dishonest. Beyond pathetic. Thumbs down 

Can anyone give a recommendation for a top-notch bilingual agent who specializes in high-end properties with an international clientele, perhaps with an office in Guadalajara? Someone who prides themself on a really high level of service to both buyer & seller, knows the market, is competant, dedicated and ETHICAL? (okay, I know that last one will be a toughie!). Feel free to PM me or post here, may be others interested. Thanks.

Milena
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic, hedonistic British wit.

Back to top Go down

Recommendations for Excellent International Realtor for high-end property Empty Re: Recommendations for Excellent International Realtor for high-end property

Post by lunateak Sat Jul 20, 2013 1:50 pm

If you want something done right....

You may want to study up on marketing high-end international real estate. Surte 
lunateak
lunateak
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Recommendations for Excellent International Realtor for high-end property Empty Re: Recommendations for Excellent International Realtor for high-end property

Post by ComputerGuy Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:05 pm

First, what kind of property is it? Some low-priced dump or some out-of-reach millionaire's home?

The agents I know DO have respect for their clients, and work hard. YOU try getting people to look at your house in this economy. By the way, 'international clientele'? What fantasy movies is this coming from?
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:34 pm

Yep, one does have to realize that prices are down 30% to 50% from the highs of 2007/08. Price it accordingly and it will sell. I see too many people still thinking their property is worth what it was 5 or 6years ago.

I know a few really good, reputable real estate agents here but they can't sell something that may be way overpriced. Right now it's all about location, location, location.......
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:51 pm

They also have a problem producing buyers. I've talked to several realtors that don't have any prospects, and a lot of inventory. Many realtors @ Lakeside don't network.....their common response is that when someone is ready to buy, they will call! ROLMAO
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Post by Grizzy Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:53 pm

Talk to Thomas Hellyer at Chapala realty. I agree with CBob's comments. Your property is beautiful but the location might be too remote for many expats. I believe it would be attractive to Guadalajaran families as a weekend get away.
Grizzy
Grizzy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : mandatory

Back to top Go down

Post by Sideways Sat Jul 20, 2013 6:26 pm

Most Guadalajara families prefer gated communities, per what local realtors have told me.

Sideways
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:25 pm

Grizzy wrote:Talk to Thomas Hellyer at Chapala realty. I agree with CBob's comments. Your property is beautiful but the location might be too remote for many expats. I believe it would be attractive to Guadalajaran families as a weekend get away.

Right now, you couldn't even pay Guadalajara people to look at properties in that particular area, for the obvious reasons. I have family members from G. who are trying to sell a high end property next door in Tempisque...can't give it away. No one is going to buy in a place where they won't live.
Sit on it and hope times change and memories are short.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gvprod Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:10 pm

I just came back from Ajijic, I had money to buy, everything is so overpriced. So I didn't buy anything. I can buy in Cancun for less money then Ajijic. I can buy in the US more house for less money than Ajijic.
gvprod
gvprod
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : live today like no one else, so tomorrow you can live like no one else

http://www.lathmedia.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Milena Sun Jul 21, 2013 1:04 am

Actually, about 50% of homeowners in my neighborhood are Tapatios, the remainder gringos, but more Canadians than Americans. The Mexicans here are for the most part, very affluent, for many, these estates are just weekend homes but more are becoming full-timers. Several recent sales of large, fancy homes to some very well offs from Guad. That is why I would rather aim for that market then the NOBs. Oh, and El Limon has just become a gated community. Fancy that.

Milena
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:28 am

There are a couple o gypsies look'n for something to do.... maybe get prospective buyers some financing outta Detroit....Beer 
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:32 am

"I can buy in the US more house for less money than Ajijic."
Where in the US would that be? Just curious, because no one I know back there lives in a real estate market where that is true.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:33 am

In Phoenix you can get a pretty nice place for under 200K.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:41 am

Florida, and many Southern States, Nevada , Arizona and many many other places have cheaper places, I explored a lot of these States before we came 12 years ago and chose Mexico, there is more in life than a cheap or large houses.
Phoenix is not the place I would pick to retire but then to each it own . If you like to live in a/c have to drive just about everywhere and love heat for half the year and like gulf that is the place....

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:55 am

Well, there ya go. The Southern United States. As I said, no one I know lives in a market where that is true. Very Happy
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:08 am

I think there are a lot of places in the US besides the Southern States as well some very nice for 3 months of the year some for more time..it all depends what is important in your life. By the way Cancun is another place I would not live in if someone gave me a place so again it all depends on what feels comfortable for you. By the way I notice the op did not buy in Cancun either. Ajijic or Cancun that is an interesting and strange choice of place when you have all of Mexico to chose from.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:17 am

If you are looking for an upper end name - Sotheby's has an office in Guadalajara:
http://www.sirguadalajara.com/eng

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:23 am

It does all depend on what is important in your life and what feels comfortable to you. I grew up in a place with blistering, humid summers and freezing, snowy winters (the worst of both worlds). April and May were beautiful as were September and October. To me it was not a fair trade.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:23 pm

Houses are always less expensive is area with poor climates.  e.g. who'd want to live in Cancun or S. Florida?  Yuck.

Last edited by David on Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:32 pm

Cancun from May thru October is Awful!!
The heat and humidity is almost unbearable...You don't Bake, you Poach...lol
I had a home on Isla Mujeres... I know from experience!
If you want the Yucatan Area, Merida would be much nicer... no doubt very reasonably priced as well.
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:36 pm

The nice thing about Merida is that it's hot ALL the time!

BTW, if I was selling or buying I'd be using Eager.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by Milena Sun Jul 21, 2013 2:02 pm

hockables wrote:Cancun from May thru October is Awful!!
If you want the Yucatan Area, Merida would be much nicer... no doubt very reasonably priced as well.

Ah, but Sr. Hockables, you have also chosen our lovely little community of El Limon over all these others! So there must be something to it. Now, if only I could find a buyer for my beautiful lakeview estate..... as I am fated to live out my life back in the freezing hell that is Canada (thanks, family).

Milena
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by lunateak Sun Jul 21, 2013 2:22 pm

The major drawback to many of those inexpensive markets, aside from their locations, is the cost of cooling/heating and property taxes.
lunateak
lunateak
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Sun Jul 21, 2013 2:37 pm

Milena wrote:
hockables wrote:Cancun from May thru October is Awful!!

Ah, but Sr. Hockables, you have also chosen our lovely little community of El Limon over all these others! So there must be something to it. Now, if only I could find a buyer for my beautiful lakeview estate..... as I am fated to live out my life back in the freezing hell that is Canada (thanks, family).

YES I did.... We LOVE El Limon!
Still don't understand why yer leav'n...
Pfffft....A few Guns & Gernades... Beer 
Irene Promised she wouldn't Rent To Zetas Anymore!

Feel Free to send by any Prospective Tenants and I can tell ya if'n they're Douche Bags or not...
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Milena Sun Jul 21, 2013 3:11 pm

Not really my choice- family issues. I still love my home and property, wish I could pick it up and take it all with me, palm trees and all!

I hear you joined the A-listers by putting in a pool. Can my tenants hop on down for a dunk when it's hot? Bet that would help get it rented!

Milena
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next