INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rave Rally Outcome?

+15
kipissippi
mielicita
lotusflower
LaChula
papa chango
lunateak
Zedinmexico
Hensley
CanuckBob
Smartalex
Pedro
slainte39
Rosa Venus
itsme
Lady Otter Latté
19 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Rave Rally Outcome? Empty Rave Rally Outcome?

Post by Lady Otter Latté Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:23 pm

I have not heard anything about today´s rally against the rave. Anyone heard anything?
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Rave Rally Outcome? Empty Re: Rave Rally Outcome?

Post by itsme Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:27 pm

Drove by there around 11:15, there were about 20 - 30 Mexicans with signs, didn't see any expats, guess the doom and gloomers on tob scared everybody off.

itsme
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:35 pm

Thank you. I guess that is why there is no information posted on TOB where this topic was hot for days.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosa Venus Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:42 pm

It got started a bit late. Around noon, I'd put the crowd at around 30, maybe a few more. There were some expats there, though it was mostly Mexican. There were quite a few young Mexicans there, which was interesting (and good) to see.
Rosa Venus
Rosa Venus
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : The funny kind

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:56 pm

30 people?......Harry must have been bubblin' with excitement.Very Happy

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:14 pm

slainte39 wrote:30 people?......Harry must have been bubblin' with excitement.Very Happy

jaja! good one slainte39. i rode by them and gave the beezer a nice loud rev not rave. will they now placard me ta death-jeje!
i did see smartalex slinking away from it all.
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Smartalex Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:03 pm

Yeah...I was there. It was a pretty mellow demonstration. There were about a dozen Mexicans, about a dozen expats and a few news reporters. The municipal workers watched from their office windows. There seemed to be a couple of extra plainclothes cops hanging around the center divider of the street.

The Mexicans hot-wired a street light for their PA system, which was used to amplify the speakers but not to broadcast obnoxious techno music. Some hand-lettered banners were propped up against the walls of the palacio municipal. They read something like: "Respect Ajijic and Mexican culture." Catusa, the witch doctor, stood in front of the entrance to the palacio and, in stoic silence, beat a slow steady rhythm on a drum while a big bowl of copal incense burned on the sidewalk in front of him. Perhaps he was attempting to exorcise the evil spirits from within the building.

A couple of Mexicans spoke to the small group of people. I believe one of them was Hector, el delegado. I didn't get to chance to hear what they were saying. My girlfriend happened to come by to see what was going on and we decided to go get something to eat. As we were leaving, she told me el presidente, Sr. Huerta, was speaking to the group.

That was about it.
Smartalex
Smartalex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:19 pm

Thanks for the report, Alex.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosa Venus Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:49 pm

Smartalex wrote:Catusa, the witch doctor, stood in front of the entrance to the palacio and, in stoic silence, beat a slow steady rhythm on a drum while a big bowl of copal incense burned on the sidewalk in front of him. Perhaps he was attempting to exorcise the evil spirits from within the building.

I was watching him as he was trying to get the carbón lit in the little urn, or whatever you call it. I was speculating what that might be for, a cleansing of some sort, I figured. There was also another sign I took to mean something like, "This is no way to prevent delincuencia"...

Interesting that you saw the crowd split pretty much half and half between foreigners and Mexicans. I was there briefly before it really got started, and then swung by it after visiting a notario down the street. Your count is probably more accurate as it sounds like you were there longer than I was.
Rosa Venus
Rosa Venus
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:39 pm

Sounds about as lame as it should have been.......
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Hensley Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:44 am

Mainecoons was there.
Hensley
Hensley
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:09 am

I am still in shock that El Presidente said he was sorry and it is my fault and it won't
happen again. Shockingly good behavior in my opinion. I gained some respect for
him for doing that.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:25 am

Zedinmexico wrote:I am still in shock that El Presidente said he was sorry and it is my fault and it won't
him for doing that.

Z
he had already done that the week before the politically motivated organizer and the few ditz's came to embarrass him. yes he showed class,considerably more than the rabble rousers.
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by lunateak Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:44 am

"i rode by them and gave the beezer a nice loud rev not rave. will they now placard me ta death-jeje!"

Yes, he showed considerably more class than that. Rolling Eyes 
lunateak
lunateak
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:44 am

Mainecoons posted on TOB this morning:
"I was there. Mostly Mexican crowd. About 30 sounds right. Hector and Huerta both spoke. Hector listed four requests including wanting to know who authorized the event and asking for a promise of never again. Huerta gave an explanation of how it transpired, said that "we" made a mistake and promised there would be no raves anywhere else in the Municipio.
Some of the Mexicans did speak loudly towards Huerta but basically it was quiet and respectful.
I think he got the message."
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:09 am

lunateak wrote:"i rode by them and gave the beezer a nice loud rev not rave. will they now placard me ta death-jeje!"

Yes, he showed considerably more class than that.  Rolling Eyes 

Maybe Pedro was only trying to out class the declassified and classless Mainecoons.
Pedro??...crass with class lol!

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Smartalex Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:34 am

slainte39 wrote:
lunateak wrote:"i rode by them and gave the beezer a nice loud rev not rave. will they now placard me ta death-jeje!"

Yes, he showed considerably more class than that.  Rolling Eyes 

Maybe Pedro was only trying to out class the declassified and classless Mainecoons.
Pedro??...crass with class lol!

I was actually proud of MC. He stood tall, shoulder-to-shoulder with a bunch of Mexican hippies who could not agree with him less on anything other than to keep the dreaded rave music out of Ajijic. It was, indeed, a united community.
Smartalex
Smartalex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Smartalex Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:17 am

Pedro wrote:
Zedinmexico wrote:I am still in shock that El Presidente said he was sorry and it is my fault and it won't
him for doing that.

Z
he had already done that the week before the politically motivated organizer and the few ditz's came to embarrass him. yes he showed class,considerably more than the rabble rousers.

Pedro, I'm pretty sure this was a paid gig for the witch doctor, sound crew, sign-maker, etc. The few Mexicans who showed up could well have been party activists.
Smartalex
Smartalex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by papa chango Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:04 pm

papa chango
papa chango
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : wit and sarcasm Cheech and Chong

http://lakechapalaexpat.blogspot.mx/

Back to top Go down

Post by LaChula Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:02 pm

itsme wrote:Drove by there around 11:15, there were about 20 - 30 Mexicans with signs, didn't see any expats, guess the doom and gloomers on tob scared everybody off.

I was there. Besides MC, there was one other ex-pat, me, and dale palfrey as Reporter. There were several people from Mexican media, and 20-30 Mexicans, some with signs.

LaChula
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by lotusflower Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:16 pm

Why would you protest when the mayor already said he'd cancelled the other show? You people really need to learn that Ajijic is not your town, for your own exclusive use. Others should be able to enjoy the public shoreline of the lake as well, and they should be able to do so without "retirement community's" approval.

It's not like there is a party like that every weekend. So intolerant, the lot of you. Embarrassing.

lotusflower

Back to top Go down

Post by lotusflower Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:38 pm

A better solution might be to come up with a level of noise which is tolerable and a time limit, i.e. 1 am or 2 am where such noise must stop. I believe the now defunct "Tequila Republic" was under such a order. Anyway, not black or white. There are solutions for somewhere in between. The young chilangos and tapatio partying to their own music have as much right to Ajijic as most of you do.
..and Mexican Techno is not pop. Mexican DJs play all around europe in some of the best clubs, in particular, that one who showed up on the shores of Ajijic is quite popular. The "Me Generation" must understand that? Don't they? (Maybe not.. probably not)

lotusflower

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosa Venus Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:46 pm

Please tell us more about yourself, lotusflower.
Rosa Venus
Rosa Venus
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by LaChula Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:03 pm

lotusflower wrote:A better solution might be to come up with a level of noise which is tolerable and a time limit, i.e. 1 am or 2 am where such noise must stop. I believe the now defunct "Tequila Republic" was under such a order.  Anyway, not black or white. There are solutions for somewhere in between. The young chilangos and tapatio partying to their own music have as much right to Ajijic as most of you do.  
..and Mexican Techno is not pop. Mexican DJs play all around europe in some of the best clubs, in particular, that one who showed up on the shores of Ajijic is quite popular.  The "Me Generation" must understand that? Don't they? (Maybe not.. probably not)

You obviously are misinformed. This is not only about the unbearable noise level. That was bad enough. The destruction of the children's recently renovated futbol field, the public lewdness, the vandalism, the home invasions, the robberies, the graffiti, the use of the field as a toilet, things like that REALLY pissed the inhabitants off. This is not an ex-pat thing. You say the chilangos and tapatios have a RIGHT to enjoy Ajijic? How about the families who have lived here for generations? They have a right to enjoy the town, not be bombarded by out of towners who showed no respect at all for their village. The demonstration with 3 gringos and many Mexicans, was to assure that an event like that will never happen here again. The time of the demonstration prohibited many, many people from attending, because unlike the NINIs, they have to work so they can eat and educate their children.

LaChula
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by lotusflower Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:30 pm

You should provide proof before making such allegations. I call bullshit on your home invasions, and store swarming...ridiculous. How can you tell it wasn't related to the cartel activity in the area? for the example the seven severed heads recently found in Joco? Is that the Rave as well?

lotusflower

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next