INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chapala Haciendas 2 Rave

+4
jackak10
CHILLIN
Zedinmexico
barbicheesecake
8 posters

Go down

Chapala Haciendas 2 Rave Empty Chapala Haciendas 2 Rave

Post by barbicheesecake Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:51 am

Well, We have our own rave in the backyard. Electronic music? Started 3 hours ago, and going strong at 1am. Good thing we are doing are own thing. JaJa
barbicheesecake
barbicheesecake
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : I shoulda been a comedian

Back to top Go down

Chapala Haciendas 2 Rave Empty Re: Chapala Haciendas 2 Rave

Post by Zedinmexico Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:58 am

Don't forget to suck on a lollypop to keep from grinding your teeth. Have a nice
rave!

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by CHILLIN Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:46 am

If you want to simulate Techno music in you own home, it's really simple. Just put a small brick in your clothes dryer and set it to run 24 hours!

It is seriously bad music. Most of the people creating this stuff are not musicians, so everything is in the key of C. The music must follow fairly strict guidelines as to 'beats per minute' so the DJs can carry on to different songs. If there are lyrics, they are usually harmonized effects because majority of the DJs are Europeans creating for a world market. It all sounds the same.
CHILLIN
CHILLIN
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by jackak10 Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:42 am

When I was a teenager, my father heavily criticized Rock and Roll.  Said it wasn't music, anyone could play it if they could learn three chords on a guitar.  There's some truth to that, but this stuff is just noise made by people with absolutely no talent.  Like Banda, noise whose only purpose is to batter anyone within listening distance.  Which in this case seems to be the entire community.

But, really, I don't expect much else.  It is where we are.

jackak10
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by saege007 Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:29 am

Wow, really? While I don't like techno music very much (I don't like repetitive sounds) there is still a lot that goes into making it. Yes, it's almost purely done via computers, but that is the new technological age. But, just because you don't like it doesn't mean it isn't good to someone who does. Heck, I don't really care for rap music, or most country music, but that doesn't mean it's not good for others. And as far as calling banda "noise whose only purpose is to batter anyone within listening distance", I think that is a pretty ignorant statement. Learn some Spanish and listen to the words.
saege007
saege007
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:45 am

I'm with you, saege. Funny how people end up sounding just like their parents.

I get my daughter to let me know what's good these days, especially if it's loud. I add these tunes to my music player for the gym. They keep me pumped, yes, but after a few listens when the words actually get through to me... I'm often impressed with some pretty good lyrics and music.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CHILLIN Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:07 pm

If you haven't noticed Mexico is toughening up and enforcing smoking, noise and drunk driving laws. The noise is a big debate among the intellectuals and columnists - they want to preserve 'cultural' noise (Banda for example). The laws are maximum 62 decibels during the day, 68 dbs at night - this is a Federal law which States and Municipalities are bound to enforce. Believe me they are enforcing them in Merida, Guanajuato and Puerto Vallarta - these I know for sure. There are clubs being shutdown. The rich clubs have already built specially engineered soundproofing so the noise doesn't escape (at least under the limit).
What I is expect is happening is that Guadalajara is enforcing the laws, so the budget promoters are moving to unsuspecting small towns near Guadalajara. I doubt if Chapala even owns a decibel meter - necessary for a denuncio. What gets me is that it is almost all young men who go to these techno events. They go to meet girls, but all the girls are in the clubs, hanging with people who can afford the 200 peso entrance fee. Jar jar - life is so unfair sometimes.

Mexico "techno" is much more "pop" or "bubblegum" than a lot of the raw sounding beats like Detroit house or Dubstep. These sounds are more drug orientated than the techno Mexicans seem to prefer.
CHILLIN
CHILLIN
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:50 pm

chillin people who went to the rave paid 350 pesos from what I heard and there were plenty of girls there.
By the way a few neighbors here had a cement block factory closed on Rio Zula because of the level of the noise and the vibrations it caused about 10 years ago. The block factory noise was nothing in comparaison to the Rave so if they do it again I bet people could have that kind of racket banned in the village. It has been done before in Ajijic.
This think caught everyone by surprise but I believe it could be stopped for the level of the noise alone.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:25 pm

jackak10 wrote:When I was a teenager, my father heavily criticized Rock and Roll.  Said it wasn't music, anyone could play it if they could learn three chords on a guitar.  There's some truth to that, but this stuff is just noise made by people with absolutely no talent.  Like Banda, noise whose only purpose is to batter anyone within listening distance.  Which in this case seems to be the entire community.

But, really, I don't expect much else.  It is where we are.

Banda can be good very good like Banda Carnival or it can be bad out of tune Banda as much of it is.

Lots of bad Rock and Roll up north lots of bad Banda down here.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CHILLIN Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:12 pm

jackak10 wrote:When I was a teenager, my father heavily criticized Rock and Roll.  Said it wasn't music, anyone could play it if they could learn three chords on a guitar.

Your Dad was right - a lot of groups back in the day had no formal training in music. One of the most famous, The Troggs, has a famous tape of them arguing over songwriting and one or two chords. Warning F Bomb central. This an edit version, easier to understand:

And here is my favorite song from them, rough around the edge, a few mistakes - but glorious noise just the same! :

CHILLIN
CHILLIN
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms.Thang Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:23 pm

Oh crap, a car with a loudspeaker just drove by my house blaring this hideous techno music and advertising one of these events at Parque Cristiania , entrance fee $300.00. I didn't catch the rest of the details but ill look for a poster when I go walking later...

What happened at that protest thing today, anybody go?

Ms.Thang
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:11 am

Ms.Thang wrote:Oh crap, a car with a loudspeaker just drove by my house blaring this hideous techno music and advertising one of these events at Parque Cristiania , entrance fee $300.00. I didn't catch the rest of the details but ill look for a poster when I go walking later...

What happened at that protest thing today, anybody go?

Separate string for this topic now.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down