INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TIP IS IT TIED TO FM HOLDER, VEHICLE, OR BOTH

3 posters

Go down

TIP  IS IT TIED TO FM HOLDER,  VEHICLE, OR BOTH Empty TIP IS IT TIED TO FM HOLDER, VEHICLE, OR BOTH

Post by Jim W Sat May 25, 2013 12:12 pm

Had a discussion with a woman today, that insists she can deed her vehicle over to her FM3 holder son, and won't have to get a new TIP @ the border. Apparently since they are family. She says confirmed with her attorney!

I tried to explain that a new TIP would be required tying the vehicle to her son. Since she has gone permanente if her son is stopped in all probability her car would be impounded?

What say ye Intercasa? Beer :
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

TIP  IS IT TIED TO FM HOLDER,  VEHICLE, OR BOTH Empty Re: TIP IS IT TIED TO FM HOLDER, VEHICLE, OR BOTH

Post by Playaboy Sat May 25, 2013 1:44 pm

You can't have a foreign plated vehicle in Mexico, in your name, under permanent status. Period, end of story.

Playaboy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

TIP  IS IT TIED TO FM HOLDER,  VEHICLE, OR BOTH Empty Re: TIP IS IT TIED TO FM HOLDER, VEHICLE, OR BOTH

Post by Jim W Sat May 25, 2013 3:35 pm

Playaboy wrote:You can't have a foreign plated vehicle in Mexico, in your name, under permanent status. Period, end of story.

Thank you for validating Playaboy. Many are frustrated and looking for shortcuts. Wife and I are making a trip the end of July to Nogales. Among other things gotta take the TIP out of my name on the 2011, TIP out a her name on the F150, leave the Supercrew in Casa Grande, the Escape she can drive for 2 more years in Mexico.

Major KLUSTER F@@K....but gotta do it. Still a major PITA TIP  IS IT TIED TO FM HOLDER,  VEHICLE, OR BOTH 851398
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Sat May 25, 2013 3:56 pm

We can get son a permit without going to border however vehicle wont be taken out of her name (may impede temporary importation of another vehicle) until return to the border and any deposit would be lost.
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Barbed wit

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Sat May 25, 2013 4:57 pm

Intercasa wrote:We can get son a permit without going to border however vehicle wont be taken out of her name (may impede temporary importation of another vehicle) until return to the border and any deposit would be lost.

I gave her your card, she says her permanente is tied up in Mexico City?
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Sat May 25, 2013 4:58 pm

Then her TIP has expired and her car isn't legal.
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Sun May 26, 2013 2:02 pm

Spencer, even though there appears to be an issue with permanente wouldn't her FM3 and TIP still be valid as they don't expire until July?
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Sun May 26, 2013 5:06 pm

Yes July if FM3 expires then
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down