INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Change of address on vehicle registration

+5
Rosa Venus
juanrey
CheenaGringo
brigitte
CanuckBob
9 posters

Go down

Change of address on vehicle registration Empty Change of address on vehicle registration

Post by CanuckBob Tue May 14, 2013 4:49 pm

I need to change the address on my vehicle registrations. Is it just as simple as walking into the DMV in Chapala with the vehicle registrations in hand and giving them the new address to enter into the computer? Or is there some sort of convoluted, 12 step program I need to follow.....jajaja?
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Change of address on vehicle registration Empty Re: Change of address on vehicle registration

Post by brigitte Tue May 14, 2013 5:10 pm

I cannot believe you could get anything done regarding a change of address without a telephone or CFE bill and copies of course, passport, Visa and who knows what else but I sure would not go without above papers and copies for a starter.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Change of address on vehicle registration Empty Re: Change of address on vehicle registration

Post by CheenaGringo Tue May 14, 2013 5:24 pm

12 step = copies of everything, photos, Passport, Visa? Got to love Mexico!

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by juanrey Wed May 15, 2013 10:01 am

When I changed mine I took a Spanish speaking friend with me. Very helpful as no English at the counter.
We had to go and get copies of my lease and stuff, but it was pretty straightforward.
Not as easy as the annual car tax (hand them papers & pesos, get new sticker)
But it wasn't too bad,
I would have been screwed with my little Spanish speaking.
juanrey
juanrey
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : George Carlin

https://sites.google.com/site/ouradventureinchapala/

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:25 am

I changed mine this morning on both vehicles. I needed two copies of my passport (1 per vehicle), two copies of a utility bill (1 per vehicle) and a copy of each vehicle's registration. You first take your documents into the side office to get them certified and signed, then back to the front desk to present the certified documents and get the addresses changed. They print you out new registrations. There was no fee to do this other than I had an outstanding parking violation on one of the vehicles that had to be paid. I did this on my own with what little Español I know. It was very easy and took about 15 minutes.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosa Venus Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:41 am

The vehicle-related services in that office have become almost shockingly efficient. Still, kinda funny you needed separate copies for each vehicle. Just to remind you that yes, you're still in Mexico!
Rosa Venus
Rosa Venus
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : The funny kind

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:26 pm

No immigration papers required? Interesting.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:20 pm

Nope. I offered them the two copies of my "Visa Permanente" and they said no, they didn't need those. I guess they realize that if I already have two vehicles and a recent utility bill in my name then I must be legal and the passport proves my ID.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:40 pm

Hard to believe officials in Mexico, who live for their paperwork, would "realize" anything apparent like that, lol...
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:42 pm

I was as equally shocked however I wonder if they would have accepted my "Visa Permanente" card as valid ID if I didn't give them my passport first?
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:44 pm

Good question. Vehicles and immigration are so tightly wound together here.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:00 am

Don't you wonder what they do with all the photo copies they collect at every step of official business? I can't imagine a warehouse big enough to keep all our photo copies of electric, taxes, immigration, etc.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by sundown Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:48 pm

Why is it necesary to change address?

sundown
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:13 pm

So they know where to send your photo radar tickets! Change of address on vehicle registration 477249
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:45 pm

Yep and the parking tickets. If you pay them sooner than later you get a 50% discount. If you wait until year end and pay them at registration time you pay the full meal deal. Once you all have Mexican plated vehicles you will understand......jajajaja.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by sundown Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:19 pm

If we receive them the same way we receive all other mail (CFE, Telmex, Telcel, etc) Or do nor receive at all ................

sundown
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:06 pm

I always seem to get my tickets....... Blackeye
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosa Venus Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:18 pm

My photo-radar ticket arrived at my front door via Correos de Mexico. At first I was excited because it was something very official and I had to sign for it. Then I opened it.

Rosa Venus
Rosa Venus
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:33 am

Wow.....I have never had to sign for mine. They are delivered with the rest of the mail.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosa Venus Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:45 am

Sounds like you're a regular, Bob. Maybe you could set up an account and just have them e-mail you yours. Sort of like a Frequent Flier benefit. jajaja
Rosa Venus
Rosa Venus
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:46 am

Not a bad idea. I think I have had 5 in the past 12 months. Maybe I need to slow down?
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:39 pm

You sound a little like Spencer - at one time he confessed to the speed he drove at to get into and home from Guadalajara. My guess is that's why he is spending more time in Guadalajara - easier on the pocket book.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down