INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vehicle Registration - Out-of-State

+5
RVGRINGO
HarryB
sm1mex
CanuckBob
BigKH
9 posters

Go down

Vehicle Registration - Out-of-State Empty Vehicle Registration - Out-of-State

Post by BigKH Sun Feb 27, 2022 3:15 pm

Anyone know of the process to register out-of-state vehicles (ie another MX state) here in Jalisco?  Where, required docs, fees (approx), etc?
BigKH
BigKH

Back to top Go down

Vehicle Registration - Out-of-State Empty Re: Vehicle Registration - Out-of-State

Post by CanuckBob Sun Feb 27, 2022 3:50 pm

If you mean transfer a vehicle from one state to another I suggest you get legal assistance with this. I don't think it is easy.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Vehicle Registration - Out-of-State Empty Re: Vehicle Registration - Out-of-State

Post by sm1mex Sun Feb 27, 2022 8:28 pm

Get in touch with S&S auto. They can help you.

sm1mex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by HarryB Mon Feb 28, 2022 8:16 am

I believe that it is illegal to have residence in one state and a car in another. JUST LIKE UP NORTH!!!!!

AND remember if it is illegal it would probably void your insurance!

HarryB
Share Holder
Share Holder

ferret and mudgirl like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by RVGRINGO Mon Feb 28, 2022 2:07 pm

Common advice is to "never buy a vehicle from another state in Mexico", for the sake of your sanity.

RVGRINGO
Share Holder
Share Holder

ferret, Luisa, Lady Otter Latté, addtocart and HarryB like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by kiko Mon Feb 28, 2022 2:54 pm

You could always tell the transito if stopped in a different state than your vehicle is plated:
"I live in Guanajuato but I am in Jalisco on vacation."
kiko
kiko
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by BisbeeGal Mon Feb 28, 2022 4:50 pm

kiko wrote:You could always tell the transito if stopped in a different state than your vehicle is plated:  
"I live in Guanajuato but I am in Jalisco on vacation."

What if your documents contradict each other? Guanajuato plates, but Jalisco driver's license? And someone mentioned insurance...if you have an accident your insurance adjuster may have an awful lot of questions.

Go see S&S Auto for advice. It's fixable but my understanding is that it's somewhat expensive.
BisbeeGal
BisbeeGal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by mudgirl Mon Feb 28, 2022 9:40 pm

CanuckBob wrote:If you mean transfer a vehicle from one state to another I suggest you get legal assistance with this. I don't think it is easy.

I suppose it depends on the state, but I certainly didn't require legal assistance to transfer a vehicle I bought that had Chihuahua plates to Nayarit plates.

I had to go up to Tepic first with all the car paperwork to get some special piece of paper, then to the local transito office where I had to wait while they called Tepic to "verify" that paper, then wait while the guy got all the VIN numbers off the engine and such and thhen wait for him to do the paperwork.

In other words, it was a typical Mexican takes hours scenario, but not anything I needed assistance with.

mudgirl
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Mon Feb 28, 2022 11:06 pm

It's a Jalisco thing. Things are WAY less complicated in Guanajuato or Nayarit. We also changed our registration from Guanajuato to Nayarit plates by ourselves. Easy peasy. Jalisco rules and regulations are ridiculously onerous and we needed assistance.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

CanuckBob likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by BigKH Tue Mar 01, 2022 12:13 pm

sm1mex wrote:Get in touch with S&S auto. They can help you.

Thx, will give them a call
BigKH
BigKH

Back to top Go down

Post by BigKH Tue Mar 01, 2022 12:14 pm

ferret wrote:It's a Jalisco thing. Things are WAY less complicated in Guanajuato or Nayarit. We also changed our registration from Guanajuato to Nayarit plates by ourselves. Easy peasy. Jalisco rules and regulations are ridiculously onerous and we needed assistance.

Did you use S&S, or another resource...if so, who?
BigKH
BigKH

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Tue Mar 01, 2022 1:07 pm

You can use S&S or Spencer McMullen (Intercasa on this forum and Chapala.com) . After thinking long and hard about it, we traded in the vehicle (a standard shift) to S&S because my hubby was finding it hard to shift gears. We bought an automatic from them with Jalisco plates and killed two birds with one stone. Now I want a gear shift again.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by BigKH Tue Mar 01, 2022 1:23 pm

ferret wrote:You can use S&S or Spencer McMullen (Intercasa on this forum and Chapala.com) . After thinking long and hard about it, we traded in the vehicle (a standard shift) to S&S because my hubby was finding it hard to shift gears. We bought an automatic from them with Jalisco plates and killed two birds with one stone. Now I want a gear shift again.

Thx, will give them a call!

gear shift again...not with the all those topes and traffic in Ajiijic  Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
BigKH
BigKH

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Tue Mar 01, 2022 1:36 pm

Nobody gets out of first gear here. Ever. Vehicle Registration - Out-of-State 1f60a
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down