INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bad News - Written bad news Aduana Residente Permanente

+15
Dr. Sam Thelin
SenorDorky
CheenaGringo
Trailrunner
Jim W
quiltbugj
MexicoPete
dcampbell757
Playaboy
viajero
gringal
arbon
seisdedos
brigitte
Intercasa
19 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Bad News - Written bad news Aduana Residente Permanente - Page 3 Empty Re: Bad News - Written bad news Aduana Residente Permanente

Post by Trailrunner Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:06 pm

To sum it up very succinctly, this from ssauto on TOB:

"You have three choices (if you maintain a permanent VISA status): 1) pay the duty to permanently import the vehicle; 2) take the vehicle back to U.S. or Canada and sell it there; or 3) Continue driving the vehicle in Mexico and risk losing it to the authorities.

Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Bad News - Written bad news Aduana Residente Permanente - Page 3 Empty Re: Bad News - Written bad news Aduana Residente Permanente

Post by Rosa Venus Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:25 pm

We have a nineteen year old foreign-plated car that's about to become illegal. I'm buying new tires for it today. (I'd like to watch LoonyCoons try to wrap his head around that.)

If nothing else, it'll be ready to roll in the Demo Derby!
Rosa Venus
Rosa Venus
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : The funny kind

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:10 pm

AAAAAhahahahahahah sigh

I'm with you, Rosita, 'cept I ain't buyin' new tires yet. Demo Derby!

Seriously tho, how do you get caught if you choose door #3? Accidents aside, that is.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:01 pm

I spent a few hours at SAT in Guadalajara today to become a somewhat expert on the Retorno Seguro, we can get them in 24 hours, we will charge 1,000 pesos to do it. Gives you 5 business days to drive your car out of the country.
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Barbed wit

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:25 pm

WOW, Spencer that really sucks! 5 days from date of issue of permit. From some places in Mexico you can't make the drive in 5 days.....for us FOP'S. Sad that Aduana is closed minded, like giving new permanente 30-90 days to comply.
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:57 pm

From which places can´t you make the drive up to the border in 5 days?

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:13 pm

Mexico City to Nogales is a rough drive Brigitte, not all of us are blessed with the ability to drive 300 miles per day, baring mechanical breakdown of our vehicles.....to comply....I know it would be no problem for your no lap "dawg", but some of us have back issues!
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:39 pm

No you are right it is not a problems for us although we have back issues as well. You maybe better off shipping your car when you are ready to do it and have someone over there receive it.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:05 pm

It is 5 business days so we could receive notification Friday and then you would have the weekend plus 5 working days
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Barbed wit

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3