INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lakeside crime.com

+22
arbon
viajero
Trailrunner
Rosa Venus
gringal
David
RoofBob
espíritu del lago
Parker
juanrey
Sideways
Mad_Max
Dr. Sam Thelin
CheenaGringo
slainte39
Ms.Thang
seisdedos
CanuckBob
Pedro
Eileen Doyle
brigitte
Minervajt
26 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Lakeside crime.com Empty Lakeside crime.com

Post by Minervajt Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:49 am

I see that the site has been closed again. Am curious why it has been under-utilized - I have always thought it was a good source of information.
Any thoughts?

Minervajt

Back to top Go down

Lakeside crime.com Empty Re: Lakeside crime.com

Post by brigitte Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:38 am

People who are victims may not want to talk about it and move on. They may be scared, wanting to forget it, not wanting to hurt real estate and so on..
Meanwhile the frutrating and scary thing about crime is that there is no follow up by the authorities officially at least so people get bored with the whole thing and want to distance themselves from it..

I think reporting crime is a good thing so people can protect themselves or organize their neighborhood but unfortunately since there is no follow up people lose interest.

It is a shame the site is closing , it could be a great tool but at he same time if no one is volunteering to help, if you cannot follow up (you cannot get information even from the MP on any crime) it becomes close to useless.
I think the site is a great beginnning but I do not see anyone stepping up to the plate to get involved with it it cannot survive.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Eileen Doyle Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:46 pm

I put it all down to complacency and laziness on the part of the public. Protecting Real Estate values is hardy a worthwhile goal compared with the possible value of a warning.

Eileen Doyle

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:56 pm

Ok we have not reporting because of
laziness and complecency
because there is a pending investigation
not to hurt the neighborhood´s realestate values
what else??

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:01 pm

i am lazy too. i merely read the mexican press and lissen fer the town crier at which point i open my door and buy the express for 12 pesos.
oh,and i actually converse with my neighbours and other mexican friends,some of who are in gummint and law enforcement.
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:06 pm

The Mexican press is not reporting most of the local crimes. Listening to the neighbors do not tell you what is happening in other towns Lakeside.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:33 pm

just like where i came from. i am not obsessed with it, and my methods suit me just fine. i got a first hand report from a mass killing a few months ago in tizapan from a cop was there and that's why he wasn't at our moto club meeting. a cop amigo, a good enough source fer ya?
oh, my neighbours and friends have family in many towns and not just around the lake.
but[gasp!]we talk mostly about other things besides crime. how's the weather-eh!
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:53 pm

Yep, I hear enough about what is going on via the grapevine, Mexican amigo's, the forums and being involved in several local committees.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:31 pm

So I guess that answers why Lakesidecrime is not needed and the papers do not need to report crime.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:28 pm

the papers do-perhaps the tabloids are beneath your sensibilities brigitte?
they are full of crime and all sorts of mayhem complete with pictures of same-no holds barred so to speak
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Eileen Doyle Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:41 pm

A quick comment, only the Mexican press has the real deal, which shuts out most of the gringo's here.

Eileen Doyle

Back to top Go down

Post by seisdedos Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:43 pm

Pedro wrote:the papers do-perhaps the tabloids are beneath your sensibilities brigitte?
they are full of crime and all sorts of mayhem complete with pictures of same-no holds barred so to speak

The tabloids are viewed as a joke by Mexicans that think.
seisdedos
seisdedos
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:51 pm

Yes Pedro they are. Sorry I can read, I do not need the gory pictures to understand , do not need the tits and ass either. Some people are not fluent in Spanish like you are and need something in their own language.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms.Thang Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:45 pm

Eileen Doyle wrote:A quick comment, only the Mexican press has the real deal, which shuts out most of the gringo's here.

Has the real what deal?

Ms.Thang
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:13 pm

brigitte wrote:Yes Pedro they are. Sorry I can read, I do not need the gory pictures to understand , do not need the tits and ass either. Some people are not fluent in Spanish like you are and need something in their own language.
deutch frau briggit? you don't know what languages i know-SNORK!
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:50 pm

Well I know it is not German by the way you spell it.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:20 am

thank you for pointing out my spelling error. did i get frau right?
this is very important to the topic at hand-no?
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by seisdedos Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:11 am

Pedro wrote:thank you for pointing out my spelling error. did i get frau right?
this is very important to the topic at hand-no?

You're the one who started writing in another language. Was trying to impress people important to the topic at hand, yo-yo?
seisdedos
seisdedos
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Eileen Doyle Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:45 pm

Ms.Thang wrote:
Eileen Doyle wrote:A quick comment, only the Mexican press has the real deal, which shuts out most of the gringo's here.

Has the real what deal?

Let's put it this way, they have more information, correct or not, about what is happening. That's all I meant by the comment.

Eileen Doyle

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:57 pm

Eileen Doyle wrote:they have more information, correct or not

LOL

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Eileen Doyle Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:16 pm

slainte39 wrote:

LOL

The same is true of press all over the world. At least in my opinion. It is funny if you choose to view it that way, and I do.

Eileen Doyle

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:38 pm

Eileen Doyle wrote:
slainte39 wrote:

LOL

The same is true of press all over the world. At least in my opinion. It is funny if you choose to view it that way, and I do.

The same is true of a lot people who post on these boards.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:47 pm

Maybe if a certain person didn't poke her nose into the original issue of someone taking over this site, the person that was most interested and capable would have been allowed to do so without interference?

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Sam Thelin Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:24 pm

brigitte wrote:People who are victims may not want to talk about it and move on. They may be scared, wanting to forget it, not wanting to hurt real estate and so on..
Meanwhile the frutrating and scary thing about crime is that there is no follow up by the authorities officially at least so people get bored with the whole thing and want to distance themselves from it..

I think reporting crime is a good thing so people can protect themselves or organize their neighborhood but unfortunately since there is no follow up people lose interest.

It is a shame the site is closing , it could be a great tool but at he same time if no one is volunteering to help, if you cannot follow up (you cannot get information even from the MP on any crime) it becomes close to useless.
I think the site is a great beginnning but I do not see anyone stepping up to the plate to get involved with it it cannot survive.

You are correct and wrong.

The first part in bold is correct, and needs to change, or will will lose the war.

The second part depends. I deal with the MP often, and will just say that I know enough to say they take their job very seriously, and will do what they can, but need people talk with them. In fact, they are trying to figure out how they can better communicate with the English-speaking residents here so they can work cases better.

That said, there is more going on here now than most know, and they need our help with any information on any case. More cases are connected in more ways than one.

Dr. Sam Thelin
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad_Max Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:45 pm

Dr. Sam Thelin wrote:
brigitte wrote:People who are victims may not want to talk about it and move on. They may be scared, wanting to forget it, not wanting to hurt real estate and so on..

The second part depends. I deal with the MP often, and will just say that I know enough to say they take their job very seriously, and will do what they can, but need people talk with them. In fact, they are trying to figure out how they can better communicate with the English-speaking residents here so they can work cases better.

Nice words about the ministerio - and I am just sitting here shaking my head. I asked Capt Contreras to have the MP meet with the community - nothing happened - and then another person that was closely working with the MP said that he could get them to meet........ nothing happened. From my perspective, this really needed to/needs to happen - but hey - I feel they may talk a good talk, but when push comes to shove they are really NOT interested in communicating with the community - is my two cents. Is that a problem? Sure - most people here do not understand the judicial system - have unrealistic expectations - and the MP really doesn't do anything to fix the problem - as - the opinion I hear is that it is not their problem.

And lets take a look at another failure to work with the Ministerio. When they first published CSI's mission statement, it said (at a meeting dated 12.9) Our sole purpose is to serve only as a consultant group and to support the enhancement of the Ministerio Publico, as well as the public security of our Municipality.

I agree that it is a pretty ridiculous mission statement - and who knows what it means. But I thought, hey, at least they are talking to the ministerio.

But - that mission statement faded into the sunset.......... and they ended up just working with Contreras before they too faded into the sunset. But I also assume that the Ministerio really didn't want to talk to them. And they surely didn't want an expat group to enhance them (what was someone thinking?)

I just mention the three occasions because they are all attempts to improve communication between the ministerio and the expats. So from my perspective, it is really not something they really want to improve( communication) but - they like to present the image that it is something they would like to improve.

My two cents or maybe four.
Mad_Max
Mad_Max
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next